"Stay away from my daughter!" - angry Thai father shoots man at Tesco Lotus

webfact

1 hour ago, johncat1 said:

If the father was 71 it is unlikely his daughter was any spring chicken 

So, at some age they become fair game to stalkers? Unwanted attention is a big subject in the USA currently, dad always has a right to protect his children. Hope this one is settled with a couple wai's. If the old man is gonna do prison time he might as well finish the job.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I never said what he was charged with.

I said it's not that hard to decide, in response to the quote you fail to include in the above.

He shot an unarmed man.

The police may decide that it was self defence and press no charges ?

Thai male ego strikes again, only this time Daddy strikes back to protect his daughter. Would be more interesting to know girls age but the fact is that this man needed more definitive data to ensure his amorous intentions were really unwelcome.

28 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Indeed they might...because as we all know, shooting an unarmed man is a classic feature of self defence.

That is six time now that you have stated that he was "unarmed"

In your seven posts in this thread, you have stated that he was "unarmed" in six of those posts .

We understand that he was "unarmed" , there is no need to keep on stating that .

We know, we understand that he was "unarmed" .

Your point is understood .

And as I replied previously , although he didnt have a weapon on him, he was using his fists as weapons and a young guy punching a frail old 71 year old could quite easily kill him with one punch (and he was seated, meaning that he could avoid any punches) , so, he could indeed claim self defence

16 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That is six time now that you have stated that he was "unarmed"

In your seven posts in this thread, you have stated that he was "unarmed" in six of those posts .

We understand that he was "unarmed" , there is no need to keep on stating that .

We know, we understand that he was "unarmed" .

Your point is understood .

And as I replied previously , although he didnt have a weapon on him, he was using his fists as weapons and a young guy punching a frail old 71 year old could quite easily kill him with one punch (and he was seated, meaning that he could avoid any punches) , so, he could indeed claim self defence

I keep stating he was unarmed because he was unarmed when this man shot him. 

Where does it state in the story the shot man hit or even threatened to hit the older guy

3 hours ago, petermik said:

That,s the way to do it...if he doesn,t respond to a reasonable request shoot the bugger....that will teach him :clap2:

2 years of pestering the daughter is enough for any parent to endure.. however shooting him is not the way to go about it... they should have reported his advances to the police & made a report.

Made the police visit him & to tell him to stay away from the family... if he then keeps on pestering the girl.. shoot him by all means ! 

Quoting they had done all they could with police assistance but he wouldn't listen !

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I keep stating he was unarmed because he was unarmed when this man shot him. 

Where does it state in the story the shot man hit or even threatened to hit the older guy

The shot guy was hitting the roof of the car and he was inside .

That is an act of aggression and its quite probably that he would have attacked the old man .

Maybe the doors and windows were closed , but even so, hitting the car is a aggression and that gave the old man the right to defend himself and his property 

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

The shot guy was hitting the roof of the car and he was inside .

That is an act of aggression and its quite probably that he would have attacked the old man .

Maybe the doors and windows were closed , but even so, hitting the car is a aggression and that gave the old man the right to defend himself and his property 

He hit a car. 

He did not strike anyone. 

There is absolutely nothing in the story to indicate he intended to strike anyone. 

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Erm...he shot and wounded an unarmed man.

True, but it would be fair to say that men spurned by the objects of their affection have a poor track record. You know, doing things like killing them, their fathers, their new lovers, etc. The police aren't much help until someone pulls a gun, and at least no one was killed, and the father probably feels he's saved his gf.... which he very well may have. 

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

He hit a car. 

He did not strike anyone. 

There is absolutely nothing in the story to indicate he intended to strike anyone. 

As I previously stated , he was being aggressive in hitting the car and it would be quite likely , that he would begin hitting people .

Even aggressively hitting the car would give the old man a right to defend his property and possibly himself

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

As I previously stated , he was being aggressive in hitting the car and it would be quite likely , that he would begin hitting people .

Even aggressively hitting the car would give the old man a right to defend his property and possibly himself

Hitting a car does not mean he was going to hit any person.

We don't even know how hard he hit the car, if he actually did hit it, that is.

10 minutes ago, Katipo said:

True, but it would be fair to say that men spurned by the objects of their affection have a poor track record. You know, doing things like killing them, their fathers, their new lovers, etc. The police aren't much help until someone pulls a gun, and at least no one was killed, and the father probably feels he's saved his gf.... which he very well may have. 

Maybe, but it still doesn't make it a difficult to decide on his charges.

He shot someone.

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

The man was warned to stay away from the daughter, but no mention of whether the daughter was encouraging him.

"She rejected his advances".  Next time read the article first, please.

Archived