Moto GP Thailand

soihok

Who on the forum is attending the historic first ever Moto GP race in Thailand on Sunday?

Can't wait really. I am flying in on Saturday, back home in Korat to pick up the Ducati and off with my brother in law (R3) to the track early Sunday.

Seems like it should be dry and seems that the roads maybe Mad Max style.

Bought tickets for the Marquez stand from 7-11 when they first went on sale earlier this year (Rossi stand was sold out in a blink of the eye).

Mad time is to be had this weekend.........????

20180721_101251.thumb.jpg.a8e27615197520f290216e7dadd0bb0e.jpg

1200px-Moto_Gp_logo_svg.png.f1a81f9fc5ce1a586be8f911a993d641.png

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Toosetinmyways said:

According to Valentino Rosso. (He should know)

Two long straights with bends at the the ends ,not my type of circuit. Should not even be on the moto circuit. In the middle of nowhere with no atmosphere.

Maybe next time you should ask Valentino Rossi i think he will know better then Valentino Rosso 

Previous experience of "events" in Thailand indicate a day spent listening to virtually non-stop shrieking from commentators, punctuated only by intervals of deafening music (sometimes both at the same time).

Enjoy.

Previous experience of "events" in Thailand indicate a day spent listening to virtually non-stop shrieking from commentators, punctuated only by intervals of deafening music (sometimes both at the same time).

Enjoy.

Plus vendors inside the track charging incredible prices for everything, let's hope they see sense and charge slightly above normal prices!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

So.

We are on post #14 so far.

Are 50% of these posters actual motorcycle enthusiasts who enjoy motorcycle racing and/or motorsport in general, or do we have 50% of usual Thai bashers/haters who have nothing good to say about anything?

And just love to winge, carp & moan.

Perhaps we should have a new subforum, and this subject could be moved there, along with just about every other topic. It could be called the glass half empty forum, or wing, carp, moan forum. Or i don't have a hobby  and my life is shIt, and i've never done anything exciting in my whole life forum...

Jesus wept.

I personally, will be there 100% next year, take the missus & kid and make one long enjoyable weekend out of it.

I hope everyone enjoys themselves this weekend and has a great time.

So.
We are on post #14 so far.
Are 50% of these posters actual motorcycle enthusiasts who enjoy motorcycle racing and/or motorsport in general, or do we have 50% of usual Thai bashers/haters who have nothing good to say about anything?
And just love to winge, carp & moan.
 Perhaps we should have a new subforum, and this subject could be moved there, along with just about every other topic. It could be called the glass half empty forum, or wing, carp, moan forum. Or i don't have a hobby  and my life is shIt, and i've never done anything exciting in my whole life forum...
 Jesus wept.
I personally, will be there 100% next year, take the missus & kid and make one long enjoyable weekend out of it.
I hope everyone enjoys themselves this weekend and has a great time.
Cool man, not going this year as you are unsure if it will be any good which is sensible, I'm doing the same thing but going to Motogp Malaysia instead, I'll be going to Buriam next year providing reports are of a great experience.

1 hour ago, Badrabbit said:

Cool man, not going this year as you are unsure if it will be any good which is sensible, I'm doing the same thing but going to Motogp Malaysia instead, I'll be going to Buriam next year providing reports are of a great experience.

No dude, i'm only not going this year because i did'nt pull my finger out. Too slow.

I'm sure it will be a great weekend this year & next year despite what the naysayers say.

Next year we already have accommodation sorted in the town centre.

One and done. Newin got his wishes and the result is a co..ck up of epic proportions. Try getting to the venue itself on the roads, try making your way around Buriram this weekend, try getting accommodations that are less than two hours from Buriram. Those who took the money from Newin will have the world laughing in their faces once this farce is over.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

One and done. Newin got his wishes and the result is a co..ck up of epic proportions. Try getting to the venue itself on the roads, try making your way around Buriram this weekend, try getting accommodations that are less than two hours from Buriram. Those who took the money from Newin will have the world laughing in their faces once this farce is over.

Who is newin? wont comment on the event until it's over and spectators offer there experience but I'm glad I have opted for Malaysia!

If the reports are good, I, or we,  are going next year. Kids are off school this week so the timing is good. Will read the reports from the bike enthusiasts who are actually there, then decide. Accommodation is going to be the problem, local to the circuit. 

1 hour ago, ktm jeff said:

If the reports are good, I, or we,  are going next year. Kids are off school this week so the timing is good. Will read the reports from the bike enthusiasts who are actually there, then decide. Accommodation is going to be the problem, local to the circuit. 

You think there will be a race next year?

2 hours ago, lipflipper said:

Yawn...

and another one...

See post #15 and join your friends...

Well said and thanks very much.

For those that are unaware, big screens have been invented for spectators to follow the race on.

The race is the race, the experience as a whole is great.

I have been to many a MotoGP and WSBK race as well as many F1 races.

The Race - The atmosphere - they come as a package.

Can't wait personally.

Will record the race on the TV and watch it later>>>>>

Cheers!!!!!!!!

There has been street car racing at Bang Saen for many years with a variety of categories from Lamborghinis to pickups. I went on a practice day which was quite good as you got to walk around the pits. 

Racing days are better on the TV, far too crowded to be comfortable, may not be the same turnout for bikes.

Archived