Thai father walks free! Dad granted bail over shooting at Tesco Lotus

webfact

Thai father walks free! Dad granted bail over shooting at Tesco Lotus

1PM.jpg

The Nakorn Pathom court has granted bail to the father who shot a 23 year old Kasetsat University man in the parking lot of Tesco Lotus.

Suchart Buasaengjan, 71, had grown tired of Uthep Samngamnoi's constant advances to his daughter. She also didn't want to have anything to do with him.

When the pair met by chance in the car park of the store in Nakorn Pathom, Uthep showed Suchart his middle finger and thumped on his car.

Enraged Suchart produced a .22 gun and shot Uthep in the right leg. He fled to a bakery and then Suchart shot four times at his pick-up. 

He waited to be arrested and Pol Capt Wasan Tangtham charged him with attempted murder and weapons offences. 

Police opposed bail at a first appearance in court on the grounds that the incident was serious, the defendant might flee and could be involved in witness tampering. 

The court rejected this and granted bail much to the joy of family members, reported Daily News. 

Uthep is a student at the Kamphaeng Saen campus of Kasetsat university. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-05

3 minutes ago, webfact said:

Enraged Suchart produced a .22 gun and shot Uthep in the right leg.

lucky only a .22

3 minutes ago, webfact said:

Suchart shot four times at his pick-up. 

and he was released on bail? horse thieves and pick up shooters are scum.

hang him.

8 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

Good what else could he have done, 71 years old against a 23 year old,so the stalker lost a bit of blood,and it was not a kill shot,hope he is exonerated.

Hope not. As far as I am concerned, driving around with a firearm is a major offense, effective prison time should be the rule.

Why do people think the answer to all their problems is a gun? What happened to peaceful negotiation? Dealt with hundreds of cases of domestic disputes like this in the UK but no one ever thought to use a gun on the other party. 

But it seems in Thailand, like in the US, where guns are easily available, they are the first resort rather than the last.

1 hour ago, Classic Ray said:

Why do people think the answer to all their problems is a gun? What happened to peaceful negotiation? Dealt with hundreds of cases of domestic disputes like this in the UK but no one ever thought to use a gun on the other party. 

But it seems in Thailand, like in the US, where guns are easily available, they are the first resort rather than the last.

Ok what the father did was wrong.. but to answer your post

Two years they had been pestered by this retard, sniffing around trying to get the attention of his daughter who had also rejected all advances by him.. peaceful negotiation in saying STAY AWAY

He took to insulting the family via social media, pestered them at home and it seems also bumping into them in public places.. which by the way if you know the area Tesco Lotus is a full 30 minute drive from his area in Kasetsart University area... not a meeting by chance I think !

Even then he taunted the father by approaching them and banging on their vehicle... this guy was a complete menace.. and obviously wouldn't take no for an answer.. and we know where that ends up usually with the girl being harmed in some way.

The father/daughter should have called the police to come and assist them and filed a report so as to keep him away... but in the heat of the moment the father took it into his own hands to protect his daughter and to finally get the message across to this retard no means no and enough is enough !!!

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Ok what the father did was wrong.. but to answer your post

Two years they had been pestered by this retard, sniffing around trying to get the attention of his daughter who had also rejected all advances by him.. peaceful negotiation in saying STAY AWAY

He took to insulting the family via social media, pestered them at home and it seems also bumping into them in public places.. which by the way if you know the area Tesco Lotus is a full 30 minute drive from his area in Kasetsart University area... not a meeting by chance I think !

Even then he taunted the father by approaching them and banging on their vehicle... this guy was a complete menace.. and obviously wouldn't take no for an answer.. and we know where that ends up usually with the girl being harmed in some way.

The father/daughter should have called the police to come and assist them and filed a report so as to keep him away... but in the heat of the moment the father took it into his own hands to protect his daughter and to finally get the message across to this retard no means no and enough is enough !!!

As the guy banged on the truck, he gave the old man the finger. I'll bet it was the finger that made the old man see red.

Whatever the victim did is somewhat irrelevant as there is no excuse for at shooting people - at a public place like Tesco, or anywhere. It will be interesting to see the outcome of the charges laid against him. If the press follow it? Probably some hospital bills, a few wais and a promise to look for other fish in the sea. A donation to the police will see all those paperwork laborious tasks related to firing a weapon in public. attempted murder etc sorted.  

14 minutes ago, Ctkong said:

A man got to do what it takes to protect his family.. put yourself in his shoes. Would you react differently.... 

I am against any sort of violence, but i have to admit that i have some sympathy for the old man.

1 minute ago, thenewgoo said:

Whatever the victim did is somewhat irrelevant as there is no excuse for at shooting people - at a public place like Tesco, or anywhere. It will be interesting to see the outcome of the charges laid against him. If the press follow it? Probably some hospital bills, a few wais and a promise to look for other fish in the sea. A donation to the police will see all those paperwork laborious tasks related to firing a weapon in public. attempted murder etc sorted.  

Maybe the guy who was shot is given a shot to be the shooter’s son in law..

after all he knows the deal if he ever mistreat the daughter... 

4 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

Why do people think the answer to all their problems is a gun?

If not, how would the weapons manufacturers survive?

One must have some mercy towards them too.

2 minutes ago, Ctkong said:

Maybe the guy who was shot is given a shot to be the shooter’s son in law..

after all he knows the deal if he ever mistreat the daughter... 

Ha, it probably wouldn't be the first time it has happened. A beautiful beginning perhaps..

12 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i wonder if she is super hot?

We've not been told how old she, she, Sheila, is: 16, 26, 36, ...? Daddy Suchart is 71 afer all, and, who knows, might as well be an authoritary dad and control freak as it is... You know he isn't? Fine. I don't know whether he is or not, but when 'stories' are told in this way in Thailand, there mostly is a hidden part...

Anyway, the fact he was, snap, released, just like that, with a possibly unlicensed gun (for possession), and, certainly not holding a right to carry (never asked for a .22 that I know, except some hi-so ladies), might point in another direction, that of an influent Suchart, and 'a nobody' victim, which, when so, would perfectly fit into the usual daily stuff in a lawless country... Wait & see.

2 hours ago, Ctkong said:

A man got to do what it takes to protect his family.. put yourself in his shoes. Would you react differently.... 

You make it sound like self-defence. 

There was no reaction. Just a rage that couldn’t be controlled. Believe you me, you wouldn’t wanna live in a society where society feels it’s okay to take matters into their own hands. There are no rules. 

5 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

You make it sound like self-defence. 

There was no reaction. Just a rage that couldn’t be controlled. Believe you me, you wouldn’t wanna live in a society where society feels it’s okay to take matters into their own hands. There are no rules. 

The man had been pestering his daughter for years. Putting bad stuff up on social media. He was lucky to only get shot in the leg.

6 minutes ago, bannork said:

The man had been pestering his daughter for years. Putting bad stuff up on social media. He was lucky to only get shot in the leg.

Ah! I didn’t know that. Fair enough. Shoot the guy in a parking lot, then. And if by chance you kill or injure any bystanders, just repeat, “He’s been pestering my daughter for years. Quit your complaining. Yee haa!!”

Archived