Thai father walks free! Dad granted bail over shooting at Tesco Lotus

webfact

2 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Ah! I didn’t know that. Fair enough. Shoot the guy in a parking lot, then. And if by chance you kill or injure any bystanders, just repeat, “He’s been pestering my daughter for years. Quit your complaining. Yee haa!!”

Do you have daughters? 

4 minutes ago, Panwilai82 said:

So you have no experience on feelings from father and daughter. Ever father would do the same.

I’ll get a daughter now. Then I can be one of those angry blokes who likes to tell strangers, “I love my daughter! If anyone ever hurts her, I’ll kill ‘em!” 

I understand the dynamic of a parent and their child. That doesn’t mean you have a license to do as you please. 

1 minute ago, rkidlad said:

I’ll get a daughter now. Then I can be one of those angry blokes who likes to tell strangers, “I love my daughter! If anyone ever hurts her, I’ll kill ‘em!” 

I understand the dynamic of a parent and their child. That doesn’t mean you have a license to do as you please. 

Well you don't just get a daughter now..they don't fall out of the sky. Most fathers are not 'angry blokes', just good guys who want the best for there kids. What would you say if somebody threatened your family? What if somebody harassed your wife/mother? What would you do Mr perfect?

10 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Good what else could he have done, 71 years old against a 23 year old,so the stalker lost a bit of blood,and it was not a kill shot,hope he is exonerated.

what else could he do?

for example could shot an innocent kid eating her ice cream in Tesco, or a father happen to drive the same time in the parking lot, etc...

could bribe the police.

could pay for someone to "send a message"

i, for one, dont feel that anyone, at any age, should be applauded running around in very public places with gun.

do you do that?

or else, it was a premeditated attack from the father, he prepared to the scenario, and for the luck of the uni kid, he missed the kill shot, likely for his age/eyesight/steady hand.

<deleted>, ppl get arrested for not having a work permit, or overstaying a visa, or stealing in the very Tesco...

but shooting in public, with a gun with (or likely without) permission, that is OK?!

only in Thailand!

1 minute ago, Panwilai82 said:

Well you don't just get a daughter now..they don't fall out of the sky. Most fathers are not 'angry blokes', just good guys who want the best for there kids. What would you say if somebody threatened your family? What if somebody harassed your wife/mother? What would you do Mr perfect?

Okay, well let’s say one of the bullets he fired in a public parking lot ricocheted off a car into your daughter’s head, would you be feeling so sympathetic? 

5 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Okay, well let’s say one of the bullets he fired in a public parking lot ricocheted off a car into your daughter’s head, would you be feeling so sympathetic? 

You ricocheted my question. What would you do if somebody harassed your family? Shout at them? Call the police? Your dreaming.....answer to your question I would kill the <deleted>

9 minutes ago, Panwilai82 said:

You ricocheted my question. What would you do if somebody harassed your family? Shout at them? Call the police? Your dreaming.....answer to your question I would kill the MF

If someone was harassing my daughter, I’d go straight to the police. If I decided I needed to carry a gun, I’d be a man and be prepared to use it. That means suffer the consequences. I wouldn’t fire my gun off in a parking lot ‘cos someone tapped on my window and flipped me the bird. 

Now, how would you feel if your daughter was shot in the crosshairs of this man’s behavior?

8 hours ago, thenewgoo said:

Whatever the victim did is somewhat irrelevant as there is no excuse for at shooting people - at a public place like Tesco, or anywhere. It will be interesting to see the outcome of the charges laid against him. If the press follow it? Probably some hospital bills, a few wais and a promise to look for other fish in the sea. A donation to the police will see all those paperwork laborious tasks related to firing a weapon in public. attempted murder etc sorted.  

Hope the old man gets a medal. Hes a hero.

12 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The father/daughter should have called the police to come and assist them and filed a report so as to keep him away... but in the heat of the moment the father took it into his own hands to protect his daughter and to finally get the message across to this retard no means no and enough is enough !!!

Not sure if Thailand has "stalking" laws. This would appear to be an obvious case of stalking.

14 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Ok what the father did was wrong.. but to answer your post

Two years they had been pestered by this retard, sniffing around trying to get the attention of his daughter who had also rejected all advances by him.. peaceful negotiation in saying STAY AWAY

He took to insulting the family via social media, pestered them at home and it seems also bumping into them in public places.. which by the way if you know the area Tesco Lotus is a full 30 minute drive from his area in Kasetsart University area... not a meeting by chance I think !

Even then he taunted the father by approaching them and banging on their vehicle... this guy was a complete menace.. and obviously wouldn't take no for an answer.. and we know where that ends up usually with the girl being harmed in some way.

The father/daughter should have called the police to come and assist them and filed a report so as to keep him away... but in the heat of the moment the father took it into his own hands to protect his daughter and to finally get the message across to this retard no means no and enough is enough !!!

Maybe he hasn't got the message yet, dad might have to get really tough... 

8 hours ago, Panwilai82 said:

Probably piss his pants. 

37 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Maybe he hasn't got the message yet, dad might have to get really tough... 

If so, I hope he takes aim just a little bit to the left or right, whichever direction is required to render the stalker an "it" instead of a "he".

Nutters like this are guaranteed trouble to this daughter and many other daughters.

18 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Two years they had been pestered by this retard, sniffing around trying to get the attention of his daughter who had also rejected all advances by him.. peaceful negotiation in saying STAY AWAY

He took to insulting the family via social media, pestered them at home and it seems also bumping into them in public places.. which by the way if you know the area Tesco Lotus is a full 30 minute drive from his area in Kasetsart University area... not a meeting by chance I think !

Even then he taunted the father by approaching them and banging on their vehicle... this guy was a complete menace.. and obviously wouldn't take no for an answer.. and we know where that ends up usually with the girl being harmed in some way.

This may have been done, it isn't clear from the story. However, this young man was clearly a stalker and very likely not totally together in the brain department. So, if dad or daughter had have gone to the cops, and the cops went to the young man and confronted and or admonished him in some way, what are the odds some bloodshed would have been a murder? 1:1?

8 hours ago, usacb500biker said:

SOB 23 year old would of bled out in 10-15 mins. if the old man would of hit one of two blood vessels. different story and different charges!!!! 

If the femoral artery is severed, a person could die from loss of blood in less than 5 minutes.  

Look at that picture of the guy being treated by the medics.  That is stare he is exhibiting is due to loss of blood.  

19 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Yes, father could have gone WITH daughter to the police and lodged a complaint against the lad.  He could have confronted the guys parents.  Was the daughter with him at the time?  Was he actually protecting her when he shot the guy.   I doubt it. He was incensed at loss of face by the lad giving him "the bird" where other people could see.

If he could afford a gun he could afford paying to have the police get interested if necessary. Or pressed the matter through a lawyer.  I am not sure if Thailand has restraining orders or trespass notices but possibly there is some similar acting mechanism.  I still have firearm licenses for every category of firearm in my home country so I am one of those nasty "gun lovers. "  But this is NOT the right way to show your responsible ownership for the privilege of owning guns.   Lose your temper with a gun?   Lose the gun permanently and your liberty for a while.

Archived