Big Joke: Thai police team have been to England to interview woman who claims rape on Koh Tao

webfact

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, fullcave said:

She does not deserve to be raped, regardless, and making a list of dangerous cities won't change that fact. Period. 

Only you and your fellow fearmongers are suggesting that some people deserve to be raped. Such posters can't seem to grasp the concept of context and balance. So lets be clear.  Koh Tao is safer than most western cities despite your fear mongering. Promoting any other view is a lie. A lie which suits the agenda of Thai haters and Thai bashers. 

4 hours ago, The manic said:

Only you and your fellow fearmongers are suggesting that some people deserve to be raped. Such posters can't seem to grasp the concept of context and balance. So lets be clear.  Koh Tao is safer than most western cities despite your fear mongering. Promoting any other view is a lie. A lie which suits the agenda of Thai haters and Thai bashers. 

Tell that to the rape victim!

I don't care if it happened at Disneyland. 

8 hours ago, The manic said:

She is not stupid just because she has a different viewpoint to you. She is one of thousands of young travellers who travel to KT every month who not recognise the hysteria and lies on this thread.  She has been there. You have not. You are trying to control the freedom of women with the threat of rape. An extreme paternalistic view and/or Islamic fundamentalist viewpoint. I reiterate: there  are many cities in the west that are more dangerous than KT.

Why are you comparing 'Kho Tao' with Western cities? Especially London. Kho Tao is a tiny little tourist island. 

My little hometown in the south of England has had 0 tourist deaths ever. Does that make it safer than Kho Tao? Would I be remiss if I didn't mention the fact my small hometown isn't at all touristy. 

Don't compare apples and oranges. 

10 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Why are you comparing 'Kho Tao' with Western cities? Especially London. Kho Tao is a tiny little tourist island. 

My little hometown in the south of England has had 0 tourist deaths ever. Does that make it safer than Kho Tao? Would I be remiss if I didn't mention the fact my small hometown isn't at all touristy. 

Don't compare apples and oranges. 

TAT claim 600,O00 visitors a year to Koh Tao. Let's say that's an exaggeration and go for 400.000. Most if this people are young and go for a fun time and the diving. 2 murders 4 years ago. It doesn't take much to see the chances of coming to grief are slim to put it mildly.

22 minutes ago, bannork said:

TAT claim 600,O00 visitors a year to Koh Tao. Let's say that's an exaggeration and go for 400.000. Most if this people are young and go for a fun time and the diving. 2 murders 4 years ago. It doesn't take much to see the chances of coming to grief are slim to put it mildly.

Sure, chances are you'll be fine. Still doesn't mean people should go there. We've seen time after time the incompetence and corruption that goes on there. 

22 minutes ago, bannork said:

Sure, chances are you'll be fine. Still doesn't mean people should go there. We've seen time after time the incompetence and corruption that goes on there. 

4 hours ago, Anca said:

And the reason they spread fear and hysteria is? 

Among other things, money, it sells "news".
The moral panic surrounding Koh Tao is in large part the result of the people behind the Samui Times, one of which is very active in this thread, pushing an agenda.  They manufacture controversy and then profit from it.

6 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Using the criteria of incompetence and corruption would see a large percentage of the world off-limits. By the way, your south coast home town is not Bournemouth is it rkidlad? I used to visit a friend there in the early 80s. There were always fights in the pubs involving the Marines from the Navy base at the weekends.

7 minutes ago, bannork said:

Using the criteria of incompetence and corruption would see a large percentage of the world off-limits. By the way, your south coast home town is not Bournemouth is it rkidlad? I used to visit a friend there in the early 80s. There were always fights in the pubs involving the Marines from the Navy base at the weekends.

No, it's not Bournemouth. And Bournemouth is a lot safer nowadays. 

A large percentage of the world? Tell me anywhere (besides a developing country) where you'd see an investigation like the one of the Burmese two. 

19 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

No, it's not Bournemouth. And Bournemouth is a lot safer nowadays. 

A large percentage of the world? Tell me anywhere (besides a developing country) where you'd see an investigation like the one of the Burmese two. 

Is Thailand not a developing country, as is most of the world?

I hope the truth comes out. Even if I am wrong I just want Samui Times to stop slandering the place. The police are doing their job they have put more resources into this than most cases

if I am wrong that i believe she is lying then I’ll  be happy tk

see justice done 

I also believe the Burmese boys are guilty but if I am wrong then i shall be happy to see justice also

i am not pro or against Koh Tao but I am against slander 

I just have an opinion but I don’t see why I should receive hate messages due tk

my opinion 

5 minutes ago, bannork said:

So why complain? 

You said two murders four years ago is no cause for concern. It can happen anywhere. That's only true if there had been a proper investigation. There wasn't a proper investigation. Add to that the other controversies and now the alleged rape that they tried to disprove. 

Are you beginning to see why Kho Tao might be dangerous?

5 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Yes, it is. And my posts are alluding to how Ko Tao isn't a safe place. How everything isn't as it seems. And this alleged rape is just further proof of that. 

Ans 99+ % of the people who are likely visitors to Koh Tao aren't reading this and likely couldn't care less if they did. 

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

You said two murders four years ago is no cause for concern. It can happen anywhere. That's only true if there had been a proper investigation. There wasn't a proper investigation. Add to that the other controversies and now the alleged rape that they tried to disprove. 

Are you beginning to see why Kho Tao might be dangerous?

Sorry rkidlad, the statistics just don't warrant any fear. If you want to talk about danger, well, tourists riding motorbikes on Koh Samui is a far more pressing issue I wonder how many have been killed or injured there in the last year.

1 hour ago, bannork said:

Sorry rkidlad, the statistics just don't warrant any fear. If you want to talk about danger, well, tourists riding motorbikes on Koh Samui is a far more pressing issue I wonder how many have been killed or injured there in the last year.

Statistics by whom? TAT? The RTP? The police officer who refused to take the rape complaint on Ko Panghan? The guy who said “A Thai could never do this” after the murders of David and Hannah? 

You do know where you are, right? 

12 hours ago, fullcave said:

She does not deserve to be raped, regardless, and making a list of dangerous cities won't change that fact. Period. 

Wont change what 'fact'?   Why are you talking about my friend and whether she deserves to be raped or not? Nothing you are writing makes any sense. Nobody deserves rape! Or do you think otherwise? What is your point?

1 hour ago, bannork said:

But as sex is not involved the moaners wont incude the dangers you have outlined. 

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:44 PM, 4MyEgo said:

This is where he should be removed from government once it is revealed that she was actually raped, after all he did publicly state that she wasn't raped, all within 7 days, he can still keep his title as "Big Joke"

"...once it is revealed that she was actually raped..."

If it turns out that she was raped as described.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:18 PM, yorkieb said:

There hase already been a report in the uk this week that the girl has admitted in an interview with uk press that no rape occured and she was mistaken.

There was a different case in which a girl did say that to the RTP, sure you're not mistaken?

5 hours ago, rkidlad said:

and where have you seen this time after time?....written by the Samui Times?.....and why shouldnt people go there because you dont like the place based on their articles?
as said above...100's of thousands go and great time...

3 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

and where have you seen this time after time?....written by the Samui Times?.....and why shouldnt people go there because you dont like the place based on their articles?
as said above...100's of thousands go and great time...

I don’t think I’ve read the Samui Times once. 

As long as many are having a good time, that’s all that matters. 

5 hours ago, AleG said:

Among other things, money, it sells "news".
The moral panic surrounding Koh Tao is in large part the result of the people behind the Samui Times, one of which is very active in this thread, pushing an agenda.  They manufacture controversy and then profit from it.

There’s also a lot of sour grapes there. 

Funny how with Thailand after some people leave they get so upset that they have to attack the country at every turn. It’s like dealing with a jilted ex-lover. 

10 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

I don’t think I’ve read the Samui Times once. 

As long as many are having a good time, that’s all that matters. 

The UK papers have quoted them extensively when it came to this and the murders so if you read articles from The Sun and others you’ve been reading Samui Times info. 

24 minutes ago, Crash999 said:

The UK papers have quoted them extensively when it came to this and the murders so if you read articles from The Sun and others you’ve been reading Samui Times info. 

Great. And you say they’re pushing an agenda? What are you doing? 

23 minutes ago, Crash999 said:

written by someone with her personal grudge against the island and 8000kms away in the uk...or someone in Aus also 5500kms away that has not even been to Thailand once!

Archived