NON "O" visa in Ho Chi Minh

4 hours ago, tomaway said:

That's correct, she just has to sign the document.

For the visa form, I get the one from Seoul embassy as their link doesn't work.

I hope they won't change their requirement for the next coming years... 

NON O Seoul.pdf

What must the letter from your wife state?

Thanks.

Yes you can drop off in the afternoon and collect the next day. Keep in mind if you are applying for a non b to study thai and have been studying for a year they will try and speak thai to you and if you cannot speak thai you will be denied. She thought I had been studying already as my course said beginner and was not impressed that I did not understand her but after I explained that beginner means just starting she smiled and all was good.

Another note is that all fees in vietnam are to be paid in USD not THB or VND. 

• 3 months later...
16 minutes ago, teatree said:

Can someone please confirm that as long as you submit the application before 1530 you can pick up the next day?

Not sure about that. At most locations you apply the morning of one day and pickup the next afternoon and they show that on their webpage for the hours of the consular section but the the consulate does not show it. 

http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/organize/27986-Office-hours-&-Holidays-|-Giờ-làm-việc-&-những-ngà.html

I looked on the visa pages as well and could not find any info about it.

43 minutes ago, teatree said:

Can someone please confirm that as long as you submit the application before 1530 you can pick up the next day?

Officially, you must submit your application for a visa in the morning. I am aware of one applicant who was given a special dispensation to apply in the afternoon (he had evidence that his flight had a long delay arriving in HCMC) but they are unlikely to allow it in general.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

According to info on their web site you can submit your visa application up to 1500 and pick up visa the next afternoon.

283663301_ScreenShot2019-01-13at11_11_17.png.00b00db0539588564e5f5a7dd8a4bd4b.png

http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/services/80791-Before-submit-visa-|-Lưu-ý-trước-khi-xin-visa.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks.  I saw this on the website and it implies that applications can be made in the afternoon.  This is both supported and contradicted by posts in this thread, so I am a bit confused!

7 minutes ago, teatree said:

Thanks.  I saw this on the website and it implies that applications can be made in the afternoon.  This is both supported and contradicted by posts in this thread, so I am a bit confused!

Consulate websites are frequently outdated, confusing, or just plain wrong. That applies to other websites also, but there are many sources that confirm my own understanding (such as https://www.live-less-ordinary.com/thai-tourist-visa-application-in-ho-chi-minh/). Years ago, many consulates were much more flexible in processing visa applications, some even providing same day service. I am aware of no consulates in the region that do not now officially require applications to be made in the morning.