Video: Head on collision just avoided on Saraburi bridge

rooster59

Video: Head on collision just avoided on Saraburi bridge

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTUwNi83NTMwNTIyLzMuanBn.jpg

Image: Sanook

Dashcam footage from Saraburi north of Bangkok showed a motorist going over a a bridge.

As he reaches the brow of the hill a huge truck overtakes coming toward him and a collision is narrowly avoided. 

Behind the trailer is a Ford pick-up driving under cover of the larger vehicle. 

The Ford is obliged to stop and wait while the innocent truck on his left moves along. 

Sanook went to the area and found everything normal.

But they said many people commented on the footage on Facebook calling on the authorities to act. 

The bridge is in Ban Mor district of Saraburi and the incident happened on Wednesday and was posted Thursday. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-06

25 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Of course this is normal, any road, any day! Very little or no idea! This is the mentality that makes them Number 1!

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

What did they expect?

The Ford pickup still standing there with 35 onlookers?

Its freaking hours, or even a day later.

Here behind my house a truck almost crashed into another truck. Can sanook come and take a look somewhere next week? Or if they dont have time, maybe they can come in a month or 2.

5 hours ago, rebo said:

Classic ...!

Agree, That’s just Thai way. Isn’t first time I must slow down and stop my car and

happened to me two weeks ago, the same situation. Usually I drive (car and bike) looking at right, left, back, front... and top!

One of these days...... I’ll dissapear from this world becouse of these killers.????

32 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Agree, That’s just Thai way. Isn’t first time I must slow down and stop my car and

happened to me two weeks ago, the same situation. Usually I drive (car and bike) looking at right, left, back, front... and top!

One of these days...... I’ll dissapear from this world becouse of these killers.????

"One of these days.."

Possibly..

I was run off the road twice before I learned my lesson..

Yet there is a thread running at the moment extolling the Thai incapacity to actually think.Apparently some Westerners postulate that being squashed like a bug is a splendid tribute to Thai intellectual capabilities.

That's not the thing you want to see when getting to the brow of a hill, luckily the inside truck had the good sense to slow down and give the idiot overtaking the chance to cut in... as for the Ford pick-up.. well

I can't write it here as it would be censored !

Time for drivers to understand the meaning of double yellow lines !!  Time for the police to have 30 second driving tips on TV........ with graphic pictures/videos of the results of not obeying the rules of the road . 

4 minutes ago, Humpy said:

Time for drivers to understand the meaning of double yellow lines !!  Time for the police to have 30 second driving tips on TV........ with graphic pictures/videos of the results of not obeying the rules of the road . 

Yup - simple for 'farang' but not understood by Thai authority, sadly. Where there is no will, there is no way!

On 10/6/2018 at 9:57 AM, Dmaxdan said:

"I'm bigger than you so get out of my way!"  Sadly, this sort of behavior is way more common on Thai roads than any form of courtesy.  

When I first came here 20 years ago now, 2-3 of us were talking and  driving come up, someone asked what are  the driving rules in Thailand, some who had been here a while said "The bigger you are the more right of way you have ", something I have never forgotten,and it is still true to this day, and for the next 20 years .

Welcome to Thailand.

Archived