Teacher with 15,000 baht salary asks: You tell me how I can live on that?

rooster59

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Yes it is.....the "real" average take home pay in the UK is about 3 times this......she could rent a room for 2,000, UK at least 20,000 a month, food, fuel everything is far less than a third here so in reality she is considerably better off...its the lazy family thats the problem...nothing else and bet she is from darkest issan somewhere to boot

Why don't you take your racist, snobbish, unrealistic thoughts back to that dark cupboard where you have come from.

Lets say fuel is 30 baht a litre. Lets just say an average worker gets 300 baht per day. That's a tenth or 10% for people like yourselves who have difficulty understanding basic economics.

Now, lets nip over to your UK scenario. Average take home wage 50 GBP. 10% of which is a fiver, nest pas?

I don't see a litre of fuel costing a tenth of a day's wage yet or 5 quid a litre.

And i could go on, but i won't as you think 15k is a totally reasonable wage for a qualified teacher PER MONTH!

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

Its called economics and living within your means. At 16 years old I could only afford a bedsit and walked almost everywhere, to work, shops etc until i could get a motorbike. Bought what I could afford as no credit available then. Living on 30k with 3 kids I know it can be done and be done comfortably albeit I own my property so no rent. She probably has a 25-30k mobile phone and buys designer brands. Food is so cheap and healthy here. In all honesty, she dosnt realise how easy she has it....fuel...so she has transport...Father, shes only young why cant he work...other kids in family...let the parents pay. No one to blame except herself and other family members living out of their means

God give me strength.

Alot of commits her but no one really knows this girl and why she supports her family. Easy to set at your key board and give advice without a clue. No 15,000 isn't much of a salary any more. Would anyone here want to live or could they live on 15,000 a month even without the family committment

42 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems that's one of the usual comment about family support.

How about old people?

How about people who care about others in their family?

Lots of Thai people take care of other family members like old parents and grandparents and children.

Where should they live from? Or should the old people just die?

I know there are some young and lazy people who don't want to work and who want to be supported all the time. But there are also many people who really need the support from their family members to survive.

How about welfare! Unheard of here, the money goes into the hiso grubs pockets. I tell my wife, if it wasn't for me, the govt WOULD let you die!

2 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

How about welfare! Unheard of here, the money goes into the hiso grubs pockets. I tell my wife, if it wasn't for me, the govt WOULD let you die!

My GF's father gets a government pension of 800 baht/month. Big of them.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

That's disgraceful, you really have to feel for the people of this country where the masses get ripped of mercilessly and can't combine their numbers to do anything about it.

24 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Why don't you take your racist, snobbish, unrealistic thoughts back to that dark cupboard where you have come from.

Lets say fuel is 30 baht a litre. Lets just say an average worker gets 300 baht per day. That's a tenth or 10% for people like yourselves who have difficulty understanding basic economics.

Now, lets nip over to your UK scenario. Average take home wage 50 GBP. 10% of which is a fiver, nest pas?

I don't see a litre of fuel costing a tenth of a day's wage yet or 5 quid a litre.

And i could go on, but i won't as you think 15k is a totally reasonable wage for a qualified teacher PER MONTH!

God give me strength.

Racist...how? Snobbish..how? please do explain as that has totally baffled me. I fully understand economics. Let me give you an example. One room rent Thailand is 2,000 Baht, that is roughly 13% of her 15k salary. Rent one room UK at least 450 sterling which is roughly 19,000 baht, so 9 times what her rent is in comparison. Real "take home pay" in UK is only about 1,200 a month so as you can see rent alone takes almost 40% of net income Do you want me to go on about electric, gas. water, telephone , clothing, public transport costs? Her situation as a single girl is far better than that of a single girl living away from home in the UK. Its the leeches that are bleeding her dry causing the problem.

11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

This is the reason many are interested in getting a government work, even if they have to pay 'bribe money' to get it.

16 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Racist...how? Snobbish..how? please do explain as that has totally baffled me. I fully understand economics. Let me give you an example. One room rent Thailand is 2,000 Baht, that is roughly 13% of her 15k salary. Rent one room UK at least 450 sterling which is roughly 19,000 baht, so 9 times what her rent is in comparison. Real "take home pay" in UK is only about 1,200 a month so as you can see rent alone takes almost 40% of net income Do you want me to go on about electric, gas. water, telephone , clothing, public transport costs? Her situation as a single girl is far better than that of a single girl living away from home in the UK. Its the leeches that are bleeding her dry causing the problem.

Even though the UK pension is vey low, it still is a lot more then what most people get over here, to call them leeches is unheard of.

39 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Even though the UK pension is vey low, it still is a lot more then what most people get over here, to call them leeches is unheard of.

From the girls age I doubt her father or parents of the kids she is paying schooling for are much more than 45 years old if that, so pensions do not come into the equation.

The young woman's predicament has certainly highlighted the fact that salaries for qualified individuals are low and leave little margin for family responsibilities. Inflation issues accentuate the pressures. She should be congratulated for bringing the matter into the public domain. In the immediate term either some additional tuition or persuasion of parents to make added contributions appears to be the way. Long shot is working abroad but this solution not picked up by too many Thais it appears.

2 hours ago, baansgr said:

Its called economics and living within your means. At 16 years old I could only afford a bedsit and walked almost everywhere, to work, shops etc until i could get a motorbike. Bought what I could afford as no credit available then. Living on 30k with 3 kids I know it can be done and be done comfortably albeit I own my property so no rent. She probably has a 25-30k mobile phone and buys designer brands. Food is so cheap and healthy here. In all honesty, she dosnt realise how easy she has it....fuel...so she has transport...Father, shes only young why cant he work...other kids in family...let the parents pay. No one to blame except herself and other family members living out of their means

Exactly whats so effin hard for them to understand, what it is is they want everything and want it now, sorry life doesnt  work like that sweety.

Most of them dont know what hard work actually is any more, you scrimp and save and  fight your way up over many years working long hours

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

15K a good wage? 

Nah, but it is 500 baht per day (for  30 day month)... and food for 3 meals about 120 baht.... leaves 11,400 baht for rent and personal living/loan repayments etc.... it is possible if she does not have transport and Bangkok expenses!!!

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's interesting to read all those negative comments here.

I wonder how many of the readers ever tried to live on 15k per month in Thailand. Or even 30k per month.

Yes, it's somehow possible to survive on 15k, but that about it.

I think teachers, and not only teachers, should get paid a decent salary to be able to live without problems.

They shouldn't be "forced" to do a second job or borrow money to live a reasonable life.

Because maybe those that are negative actually worked their asses  off when they were younger by taking 2 or even 3  jobs instead of whinging like this  woman, jobs they didnt  like, jobs  no one else would do and did without for many years until they were in a position of relative security

2 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Pretty sad....that wouldn't cover my cigarette costs per month!

in which case I would quit smoking if in her position and do without until i could  afford to smoke again, as a  teenager i walked 4  miles a  day to work to save money for a motorbike over 12  months to pay cash for it...............friends  borrowed, you cut back to vitals only.

1 minute ago, newatthis said:

I hope they help around the house for this money. They have to learn early that it does not grow on trees.

Reminds me of the retard parents in the UK who seem to think its compulsory to buy their kids a  car as  soon as they can drive instead of making them save for it and learning it doesnt come easily, also helps then that they learn to take care of that property as it  took them so long to get it, seen a fair few  smash the car up within months and think nothing much of it almost like a rite of  passage......worlds  gone mad

Just now, FritsSikkink said:

They do.

and thats the way to do it, as a  kid I had to tidy and clean my own room, make my bed, do washing up, wash the car, help paint the house, the only way to learn the value of money.

10 minutes ago, wirat69 said:

Nah, but it is 500 baht per day (for  30 day month)... and food for 3 meals about 120 baht.... leaves 11,400 baht for rent and personal living/loan repayments etc.... it is possible if she does not have transport and Bangkok expenses!!!

Yes it is possible but not enjoyable, 3 meals for 120 THB isn't very good food if you have to eat it every day.

Archived