Thai drivers ignoring the "Roundabout of Life"

rooster59

It could very well be that the Thai mind bends reality, to make a Give Way to the Left, the result of their warp(ed) drive technology

Consider that effectively, what looks to be a Give Way to the Left; might very well be synonymous with how a roundabout is aproached in Victoria Australia:

here it is appraoched and used, following the principle that Vehicles have to Give Way to any other car that is already in the roundabout before they entered it themselves.

What this results in, in real life; is a 'race to the finish' - a battle to get over the line into the roundabout, before that menacing car to one's Right

Sort of seems to be the same result happening in LOS?

Taken from the Book, in Vic Aust:

Do you have to give way to the right on a roundabout?
Some people think you should give way to vehicles approaching from the right on a roundabout. You must give way to any vehicles already on the roundaboutbefore you enter.Sep 27, 2017

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Rally123 said:

Because there is no such rule in Thailand and that is why it can't be demonstrated. Plenty of threads on the forum regarding this.

It's stated quite clearly in almost all the 'unofficial' translations although phrased in slightly different ways.  It appears to me that you can read but you have difficulty in understanding.

6 hours ago, Rally123 said:

Are all the unofficial translations law?

Now you really are clutching at straws.  Of course, as everyone knows, no document is legal in Thailand unless in the Thai language.  These are translations of the law and as far as can be checked, are reasonably accurate.  Have a look at the original Thai document.

5 hours ago, HHTel said:

These are translations of the law and as far as can be checked, are reasonably accurate.  Have a look at the original Thai document.

And as we all know Thailand's laws, immigration or whatever, are written in double entendre. "And as far as can be checked" by who, you? There must be a legal certification of translation somewhat similar to a confirmation of translation from the MoFA. Until I see that then all these 'unofficial translations' are tosh.

Everything here is left open to translation. The immigration rules are a classic example. 

5 hours ago, HHTel said:

The Thai people I know all translate it to be pretty much

Pretty much is not exactly. Who verifies the official translation, the people you know? As far as I'm aware all official legal translations are carried out by the MoFA.  No MoFA stamp of official translation then it's tosh.

1 hour ago, Rally123 said:

Pretty much is not exactly. Who verifies the official translation, the people you know? As far as I'm aware all official legal translations are carried out by the MoFA.  No MoFA stamp of official translation then it's tosh.

I give up.  Translated by lawyers, a friend of mine who runs a translation service, a policeman neighbour etc etc.

If you're playing devil's advocate then well done.

When I've been wrong, I am the first to admit it.  Of course, some people are never wrong!

5 minutes ago, HHTel said:

No MoFA stamp of official translation then it's tosh.

Wrong again I'm afraid.  The MFA can only legalise a document translated from English to Thai.  You cannot legalise a document in English but a certified translation is accepted.

32 minutes ago, HHTel said:

I give up

Okay. No stamp from the MoFA to the signature makes it an unauthorized translation.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) authenticates the signature of the translator, nothing more and nothing less.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/986833-what-does-the-ministry-of-foreign-affairs-authenticate-and-not-authenticate/

3 hours ago, Rally123 said:

Okay. No stamp from the MoFA to the signature makes it an unauthorized translation.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/986833-what-does-the-ministry-of-foreign-affairs-authenticate-and-not-authenticate/

The signature on a translation doesn't have to be authenticated by the MFA except when needed by the recipient.  Accredited translations are just what they say.  i.e. accredited. (officially recognised or authorised).

No MFA stamp does not mean that it's unauthorised.

I've already said.... "I give up".  This is my last post on the matter as you will never learn and will never be wrong!

Archived