500 pairs of 'fake brand' sneakers seized in Sa Kaew

rooster59

500 pairs of 'fake brand' sneakers seized in Sa Kaew

By The Nation

Officials seized 500 pairs of sneakers with fake popular brand labels at a border checkpoint in Sa Kaew's Klong Haad district on Saturday morning.

Customs officials, immigration police and rangers at the Ban Khao Din border crossing, found the sneakers in a push cart hidden in 160 fruit baskets.

The worker who was pushing the cart abandoned it and fled back to Cambodia when officials asked him to stop. He claimed the baskets were empty.

The officials found that the sneakers violated the Tiger and Puma brands.

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-07

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

The worker who was pushing the cart abandoned it and fled back to Cambodia when officials asked him to stop.

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Customs officials, immigration police and rangers

Couldn't chase him because they were wearing the wrong shoes.

Is this serious? Seems there is a shoe mafia because there is no attempt for police to get rid of counterfeit stuff. Ita evwrywhere and now i just buy fakes on lazada and shoppee. Its great.

Theres a whole new complex on the way in to kanchanaburi that sells fake shoes. Its like 90% of the market. this new complex is opposite a police station for which the police go over and get food everyday. Surely they cant ignore it and say its someone elses job or some ignorant thing...? Not reporting it and turning a blind eye is corruption.

This country is a joke if it is catching one or 2 foreigners but none of its citizens.

My wife spent an hour in jail for selling counterfeit stuff. Paid a 500b fine. She was told she will never get in trouble. They just need to make it look like they are doing there job. The foreign brand was wanting to destroy my wife but the thais never let it happen. If it were me on the other hand id be top news!

I don't know about new, counterfeit merchandise, but some of the older American made merchandise, that is used, can be expensive. 

My nephew buys used American made sneakers, of a certain brand, from ebay and then ships them to Thailand.  Him and his buddy earn thousands of dollars on their little business.  

e.g. He borrowed $50,000.00 USD from my wife to buy a condo in Thailand.  He paid the money back in a year, just from the sale of used sneakers!

3 hours ago, radiochaser said:

I don't know about new, counterfeit merchandise, but some of the older American made merchandise, that is used, can be expensive. 

My nephew buys used American made sneakers, of a certain brand, from ebay and then ships them to Thailand.  Him and his buddy earn thousands of dollars on their little business.  

e.g. He borrowed $50,000.00 USD from my wife to buy a condo in Thailand.  He paid the money back in a year, just from the sale of used sneakers!

Think he's telling a few lies. Rare sports clothing and trainers are usually sold on sites set up by the people that deal in these all the time and they know the values so aren't going to be selling them cheap and your nephew is making a huge profit at their expense. My friend collects German brand trainers and pays a few hundred pound at a time for some of the very rare ones but most are 60-200 gbp. He buys them from similar people to him and spends hours looking through sites for that special pair. Im pretty sure ebay is not the hotspot for this type of buying and selling and he certainly isn't making anywhere the amounts your talking about and he's done it for years .

On 10/7/2018 at 9:28 PM, radiochaser said:

On 10/8/2018 at 12:57 AM, ronaldo0 said:

Think he's telling a few lies. Rare sports clothing and trainers are usually sold on sites set up by the people that deal in these all the time and they know the values so aren't going to be selling them cheap and your nephew is making a huge profit at their expense. My friend collects German brand trainers and pays a few hundred pound at a time for some of the very rare ones but most are 60-200 gbp. He buys them from similar people to him and spends hours looking through sites for that special pair. Im pretty sure ebay is not the hotspot for this type of buying and selling and he certainly isn't making anywhere the amounts your talking about and he's done it for years .

Are you serious, with your claim that my nephew is telling lies? 

You don't know who my nephew is.  You don't know what sneakers he and his friend are selling.  You don't know how many pairs they have nor how long their business has been operating.  You have no idea of what their profit margin is for what is sold.  Nor do you know who is buying the sneakers he sends to Thailand. 

Yet, you claim, based on a post that I made, that my nephew is lying?  

The last time I traveled to Thailand I checked three bags into the airlines and most of what was in the bags were sneakers.  I was given $600.00 for carrying two of the bags there and it was given several thousand dollars for my nephews half of the current sales.  I returned to the United States with more money in my wallet than I carried over there!

Every family member that travels to Thailand checks in bags loaded with sneakers.  Sometimes it is a pain to have to manage six bags, when there are two of us traveling, but then each of us gets paid to do it.  (and he pays for the extra baggage charges as well)

Knowing what your friend is selling and how much he is selling shoes for does not make you an expert on someone else's business acumen, now does it?  

How about an apology?

21 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

I was given $600.00 for carrying two of the bags there and it was given several thousand dollars for my nephews half of the current sales.  I returned to the United States

Check in person:- 'Excuse me sir, did you pack all these bags yourself. Are you carrying anything for someone else?' One day at Swampy you will get caught, it's called smuggling.

5 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Check in person:- 'Excuse me sir, did you pack all these bags yourself. Are you carrying anything for someone else?' One day at Swampy you will get caught, it's called smuggling.

But I know Thai people in high places.

They only live on the 60th floor of the Bayoke Tower building.  So I am not too sure that they could help me. 

Does it help if customs knows about the sneakers in the suitcases that I take over there?  They just shake their heads when they see all those sneakers.

And my answer to the "Check in person" at the airport of departure.  Yes and yes.  

You can blame my wife for that.  She loves to pack and repack baggage and makes me help her.  

Didn't I write, that it was a pain taking those bags over there?

Archived