Thai factory worker falls for Romance Scam -  but she didn't tell her husband

webfact

Thai factory worker falls for Romance Scam -  but she didn't tell her husband

3PM.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported on a romance scam story with a difference - the victim was two timing her husband. 

"A" who lives in Klaeng, Rayong, told Sanook that three months ago a handsome airline pilot started chatting with her on Facebook.

She thought her luck was in especially when he showed her a suitcase full of cash and other valuables.

After two months of sweet talk he said gifts were waiting for the factory worker at Suvarnbhumi Airport but "fines" had to be paid first. 

She fell for this transferring three lots of money that amounted to 100,000 baht. 

Not surprisingly her husband noticed a hole in their account and confronted her. 

She called Sanook in an effort to try and get her money back and said that she had the number of the bank account in Bangkok. 

While the reporters were there the fraudster offered to send her back the money if she would part with other details.

Now wise to the scam she said no and hoped that soon the police would get her the money back. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-08

3 hours ago, webfact said:

She thought her luck was in especially when he showed her a suitcase full of cash and other valuables.

....and didn't give a hoot about her husband at that time. Says it all really about the women here.

2 hours ago, falangjim said:

Looks like the husband is a pilot: 'sailors of the air' and one in every port. 555  He's got to feel like a fool inadvertently supporting his wife's 'lover.' 

If i read the OP correctly, i think the pilot's picture is the ( fake ) picture of the scammer.

24 minutes ago, KMartinHandyman said:

Now I’m really confused ????‍♂️

Meaning Thai girls are notorious for getting a someone acting like they are the one and only  in order to get money benefits, when they actually have a boyfriend or husband who don't care as long as the money is coming in.. 

Meaning Thai girls are notorious for getting a someone acting like they are the one and only  in order to get money benefits, when they actually have a boyfriend or husband who don't care as long as the money is coming in.. 

So you didn’t understand in reading the article that the woman was giving her husbands money to a scammer?

10 hours ago, bluesofa said:

The old saying springs to mind: A fool and her husband's money are soon parted.

All too common.

The financial pastures are always greener over the next hill - in theory.

In all honesty, is there going to be anyone that has an ounce of sympathy for this woman?

If my wife I would not pursue the 100000 baht, I`d just throw her out. In fact if it cost the husband 100000 baht to discover the true character of his wife, then he`s got off cheap.

So the scammers have started with live video streams now , really ?  So he is maybe in disguise but the scammer doesnt care if he's recognized or not , he is safe in Africa somewhere. 

So to summarize , put on the pilot uniform , get the suitcase ready full of fake dollar bills and start the live stream ! And get ready to earn a fortune. 

Maybe 100 women scammed and 100k from each of them .

• 4 months later...

Archived