Two foreign tourists fatally injured in Bangkok mall shooting

webfact

One wonders if there is any way to spin this, so that the Burmese can be blamed for the deaths. Little P. must be losing sleep over this one. This cannot be good PR for the nation. First, a boatload of Chinese drown, due to lax safety standards, and an extremely greedy boat operator, who could see a huge storm on the radar, at the time the boat left. I could see it, surely he must have seen in. Next, a Chinese tourist gets slapped around, 13th century style, by an immigration official, and next two tourists get gunned down at a mall? Not a good couple of months, for the nation. Can they get Big Joke involved? He seems to know some ways to make these problems go away.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for posting the gun deaths per capita chart.

Both PHP and TH have American attitudes towards and American laws regarding guns. Both countries have been filled to the brim with American military and American political subversion, not to mention American guns.

Remember the good old days when the US military was arming the Thai military, while the CIA was arming the Thai police, and the two factions were fighting for control of the country? No surprise where we are today with gun violence in Thailand.

At any rate, the sensible thing to do is arm all tour guides in Thailand. Responsible people need to be on hand to stop a gun assault before it happens. And perhaps the presence of guides with guns will quiet the Chinese down a bit as well.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

15 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

kids with ak47s? be very concerned! When i read it i see rifle and think oh just a long barell single shot 22 or even 303 and alike. something that takes too long to load, aim etc. but an ak47. Thats seriously troublesome!!

Great job bib for being absolutely useless and assiting in the need for everyone to cary guns.. 

You can buy them all day in Cambodia for $150.00............ammo by the caseload, grenades, you name it.

20 hours ago, hansnl said:

7.62 X 39 is the cartridge for the AK family, Russian standard.

7.62 X 51 or the civilian .308 is a NATO cartridge.

Furthermore, an assault rifle is also a rifle.

The difference is that a military "assault" rifle has selective fire, semi automatic and automatic.

The iconic AK-47 and it's clones are very available on the black market.

So it is quite possible, seen the found shells, the rifles were AK-47.

Real forensic gurus can deduct a lot from the spent shells, type of weapon, kind of gunpowder, the age of the cartridge and the maker of the cartridge.

I doubt very much that it was an AK47 for the simple reason that an AK47's practical rate can dispense 100 rounds per minute fully automatic or 40 rounds per minute for a semi-automatic. 

Now if it was an AK47 there should have been more carnadge because you don't take one of these rifles out to shoot a hand full of guys, that or the shooter was a lousy shot.

RIP to the victims, strength to their families to try and move forward and the death penalty swiftly to the guys when caught, as for tourism going down hill from this and other episodes, well it is what it is and about time the RTP got off their rear ends, but cannot see that happening soon, or at all.

The police need to get on top of these "gang warfare's" whether it's between local youths or Universities

the police always have a tip-off of who the perpetrators are... open gunfire using rifles in a public shopping mall is indicative that Thai society is breaking down without real policing !!

Time to get tough and get these idiots off the streets!!

5 hours ago, Time Traveller said:

Didn't take long before someone starts slandering America an event tht had nothing to do with America. I'm surprised you didn't work out to blame Trump for this one, or a you still trying to think up something?

If you bother to stop hatingon on America for 5 mins, you'd see shootings happen in every country. Keep you bigotry to yourself. 

Shootings dont happen to the same degree in every country though do they !

It is a fact that the US stands out amongst developed countries ( see the graph posted earlier ) in terms of gun deaths.

Now you may not enjoy that fact but its no good shooting ( no pun intended ) the messenger.

If you really care about US gun deaths then join one of the groups trying to lessen the annual carnage.

21 hours ago, secondfusilier said:

Senit said police have yet to investigate the type of rifles used but spent shells from the AK47 assault rile were found at the scene.

That makes no sense at all.

If they don't know the type of rifles how do they know that the spent shells (empty cases) were from an AK47.

The AK47 uses 7.62mm ammunition but so do many other rifles/assault rifles.

Agreed, all the police can tell from spent cases is the size of the spent cases!

There are multiple types of 7.62 ammo, plus an AK47 type rifle can be chambered in many calibres.

22 hours ago, mok199 said:

Why is this not bigger news than 4th from the top in the BKK section..

Exactly, shocking, I have seen Thais fighting in Nana over a pool game, two gangs throwing bottles and wielding pool cues all over the street but no guns, that was a few years ago.

Things are bad when this type of thing happens with guns, big joke should get off the case of over stayers and round up these morons.

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I doubt very much that it was an AK47 for the simple reason that an AK47's practical rate can dispense 100 rounds per minute fully automatic or 40 rounds per minute for a semi-automatic. 

Now if it was an AK47 there should have been more carnadge because you don't take one of these rifles out to shoot a hand full of guys, that or the shooter was a lousy shot.

In a purely technical sense, the AK on full auto is very difficult to control accurately without proper training (as indeed are many other full autos, which is why for a time, the US went to 3 round burst, and M-14s were locked out). It is a spray and pray weapon, which is conversant with its development under Soviet Military doctrine wherein mass armies of untrained cannon fodder charge madly at the enemy firing from the hip.

The worst are folding stock (concealable) AKs, which twist madly under fire. When firing one of those, I find that at 50 meters, one needs to aim low and left at target hip level to ensure that half the rounds hit a vital zone, and about 25% will fly over the target regardless. Compare this to a weapon like an MP5, which can dump a full 30 rounds into a kill zone. Its all a comination of ergonomics (the AK is the worst), cyclical rate (the AK is mid range), recoil (moderate in an AK) and accuracy (any asian military AK will be very innacurate)

I dont know how far the shooter was away from the victims, not the number of rounds fired. But it is conceivable that it was in fact a full auto AK regardless of the lack of carnage.

Any AK you get here will be an assault rifle. Only in the Western civilian market are they Semi auto only.

Cheers! Your useless cocktail party info for today!

29 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

In a purely technical sense, the AK on full auto is very difficult to control accurately without proper training (as indeed are many other full autos, which is why for a time, the US went to 3 round burst, and M-14s were locked out). It is a spray and pray weapon, which is conversant with its development under Soviet Military doctrine wherein mass armies of untrained cannon fodder charge madly at the enemy firing from the hip.

The worst are folding stock (concealable) AKs, which twist madly under fire. When firing one of those, I find that at 50 meters, one needs to aim low and left at target hip level to ensure that half the rounds hit a vital zone, and about 25% will fly over the target regardless. Compare this to a weapon like an MP5, which can dump a full 30 rounds into a kill zone. Its all a comination of ergonomics (the AK is the worst), cyclical rate (the AK is mid range), recoil (moderate in an AK) and accuracy (any asian military AK will be very innacurate)

I dont know how far the shooter was away from the victims, not the number of rounds fired. But it is conceivable that it was in fact a full auto AK regardless of the lack of carnage.

Any AK you get here will be an assault rifle. Only in the Western civilian market are they Semi auto only.

Cheers! Your useless cocktail party info for today!

Cheers, very informative information, if I end up in a situation that I need an AK47, will casually reach over for some...

Image result for pictures of ninja knives

On 10/8/2018 at 5:52 AM, Nyezhov said:

My personal philosophy is to have situational awareness. Fat, sweaty and stupid as I am, I have been licensed to carry a concealed weapon for 40 years in the US. I have military training, LE weapons training, and intensive civilian weapons training, including tactical pistol, rifle, shotgun and subgun.

Its hard tell anyone what to do in the case of a mass shooting scenario, especially here,  where good folks are unarmed and the level of police firearms training is suspect. All I can say is be aware of your surroundings, condition yellow I call it. If you hear gunshots (assuming you can recognize the sound) you need to take cover immediately. That doesnt mean run and hide, but hit that ground and gut crawl behind or under something. Better dirty and being laughed at than a victim.

My prayers for the victims and hope the Thai authorities catch these little punks and after a proper trial, give them a bullet.

'After a proper trial, give them a bullet'

Why bother with the trial if you just want to shoot them anyway?

Also thanks for the mass shooting advice but I think people would have to react depending on the situation at hand Maybe better to run, maybe better to hide.

Best way to avoid being involved in a shooting is to stay away from people who feel the need to carry a gun, (concealed or not)

6 hours ago, Davmaac said:

'After a proper trial, give them a bullet'

Why bother with the trial if you just want to shoot them anyway?

Also thanks for the mass shooting advice but I think people would have to react depending on the situation at hand Maybe better to run, maybe better to hide.

Best way to avoid being involved in a shooting is to stay away from people who feel the need to carry a gun, (concealed or not)

Why bother with a trial? Becasue thats what folks are entitled to? Surely you do not call for execution out of hand do you?

Your welcome for the advice. Im glad you agree with it.

As to folks carrying guns, are you from the US? If not, you might not realize that folks with licenses to carry have one of the lowest crime rates. But dont let facts get in the way of rhetoric.

On 10/8/2018 at 3:37 PM, dunque said:
On 10/8/2018 at 10:18 AM, dcsw53 said:

LOS = Land of Shootings

This occurred 6 days after the anniversary of the slaughter of 58 in Las Vegas last year - Thailand has a long way to go...

Actually Thailand has been leading the US for many years in gun death rate. - But don't you let statistics, like US at 3.85 deaths per 100 K vs Thailand at 4.45 per 100K for gun deaths stand in your way when claiming otherwise. :thumbsup:

12 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

And I dont understand that point either

Oh........... your quote "that folks with licenses to carry have one of the lowest crime rates".

Did the Las Vegas murderer have a gun licence? A "crazy" - plenty more before him and no doubt many more to come. I rest my case. 

Disgusting. I feel bad for the Indian tourists, but I'm glad the Lao man survived. As a Lao man myself, the last thing I want to hear about is Lao people being attacked by condescending Thai scumbags. We are warned about how much Thai people are a menace to society. Only Lao elders are well aware of this. Yes, I'm suggesting Thailand and its people, at random, are dangerous.

I don't advocate capital punishment for minor offenses, but the Thai Kingdom needs to adopt the Philippine president Duterte's secret vigilante death squad regime to deter violence. These death squads are hired by local police chiefs to execute known drug dealers and addicts and they seem effective. Locals say they feel safer walking around at night.

Violent Thai criminals need to be dealt with by death squads. But only good guys should be hired by good guys, not criminals hired by corrupt local police chiefs and bureaucrats. That seems impossible in a country like this. The answer must either be militant Buddhist monks who should stop killing Muslims and kill their own Thai criminals instead. Or the biggest tsunami since Phuket should come wash away all the filth. Or copycat Batmen who aren't afraid of scum like them.

In the Philippines, the offending criminals would get shot point blank or brutally stabbed in the neck and head for quick and discreet execution to avoid attention. Most targets would have their entire heads wrapped up in duct tape before execution. Unfortunately, this is done without trial or conviction.

It's a booming business, however. Criminals have a price over their heads (think Dead or Alive posters). And these lucrative rewards, ironically, attract criminal hitmen who are already deep inside the criminal underworld.

13 hours ago, maureeses said:

Disgusting. I feel bad for the Indian tourists, but I'm glad the Lao man survived. As a Lao man myself, the last thing I want to hear about is Lao people being attacked by condescending Thai scumbags. We are warned about how much Thai people are a menace to society. Only Lao elders are well aware of this. Yes, I'm suggesting Thailand and its people, at random, are dangerous.

I don't advocate capital punishment for minor offenses, but the Thai Kingdom needs to adopt the Philippine president Duterte's secret vigilante death squad regime to deter violence. These death squads are hired by local police chiefs to execute known drug dealers and addicts and they seem effective. Locals say they feel safer walking around at night.

Violent Thai criminals need to be dealt with by death squads. But only good guys should be hired by good guys, not criminals hired by corrupt local police chiefs and bureaucrats. That seems impossible in a country like this. The answer must either be militant Buddhist monks who should stop killing Muslims and kill their own Thai criminals instead. Or the biggest tsunami since Phuket should come wash away all the filth. Or copycat Batmen who aren't afraid of scum like them.

In the Philippines, the offending criminals would get shot point blank or brutally stabbed in the neck and head for quick and discreet execution to avoid attention. Most targets would have their entire heads wrapped up in duct tape before execution. Unfortunately, this is done without trial or conviction.

It's a booming business, however. Criminals have a price over their heads (think Dead or Alive posters). And these lucrative rewards, ironically, attract criminal hitmen who are already deep inside the criminal underworld.

????

Archived