Udon Thani Airport Car Park

4MyEgo

Hi Guys

Going away for 10 days in about 10 days time and although I have parked and paid 200 baht per day at Udon Thani Airport Car Park (undercover) once before for 10 days, I am wondering if anyone knows who runs the car park and if they know the name or contact number, website as I am wondering if I can pre-book a space (Buckley's) I figure, but worth a try as the last time we parked there it was the last spot, and I would hate to have to park away from the airport parking station which at least offers carport style undercover parking and security.

Appreciate feedback, otherwise will have to do the 90km trek to see what can be done, if anything. Taxis, minivan's no thanks been there done that, in the past, no show, or not enough room to fit bags (family) or they drive at speeds that you wouldn't want you or your family to be in, i.e. 120-140km and when you tell them to slow down they typically smile, so no need for the useless cowboys.

If you’re an early flight shouldn’t be any problem finding a space.

i flew out of there a couple of times this year my flights where like 8ish AM. 

Don’t know the last time you flew out of Udon Thani but there are two terminals now and two parking areas. Check the signs when you past the security check to make sure you park near you Airlines terminal. 

The old section has a couple of airlines from that area. Nokair and ? Air Asia is up just past the old section at the new facility has Burger King and some other eateries nice new area. 

When you drive in first parking section is old terminal further down is new terminal. Watch signs on the right for which airlines are at each parking section. 

Tried a search of Airport and website isn’t updated. I think parking

is 300 baht a day now. 

Enjoy your flight

23 hours ago, CGW said:

I doubt you would be able to pre-book a place! I live close by and pass the airport daily, what time is your flight? I can do a quick check to see if the carpark is full at that time.

Fly out at 1.05pm during a weekday and will probably get there around 11.00am.

I just checked the last time we flew out it was around the same time i.e. 12.45pm but on a Sunday and we got the last covered spot at the furthest parking area, i.e. almost opposite or opposite the new terminal, now as the last time was on a Sunday, we would have arrived at around 10.30am and being the weekend might have something to do with it being a Sunday as opposed to a weekday where there might be more spaces available, it was also end April.

If your going by, please do have a look around the 11.00am mark on a weekday and let me know if you see any spaces left in the covered section.

I do plan to do a drive by in the next couple of days anyways and also ask them for a website or telephone number and if we farangs can pre-book, but like I said, doubt it.

Much appreciated either way.

3 hours ago, DJ54 said:

If you’re an early flight shouldn’t be any problem finding a space.

i flew out of there a couple of times this year my flights where like 8ish AM. 

Don’t know the last time you flew out of Udon Thani but there are two terminals now and two parking areas. Check the signs when you past the security check to make sure you park near you Airlines terminal. 

The old section has a couple of airlines from that area. Nokair and ? Air Asia is up just past the old section at the new facility has Burger King and some other eateries nice new area. 

When you drive in first parking section is old terminal further down is new terminal. Watch signs on the right for which airlines are at each parking section. 

Tried a search of Airport and website isn’t updated. I think parking

is 300 baht a day now. 

Enjoy your flight

Last time I flew out was a Sunday back in April last year and it was 200 baht per day for long stay, I also did have a look at that site you provided beforehand, nothing for Udon Thani, they just throw it in as part as their advertising, will head out in the next couple of days and go see them, will also update prices, contact numbers and website if they have one for future reference, and see if they will also pre-book or hold a spot for me, maybe slip them a baht or 2...lol

23 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

If your going by, please do have a look around the 11.00am mark on a weekday and let me know if you see any spaces left in the covered section

I drove through at around 11 am today, not many places left directly in front of the terminal, the area further down, left where the "coffee shop" is as you turn right to exit the airport with the SV parking sign above (that may be the office?), which is now covered parking, had lots of spare places.

42 minutes ago, CGW said:

I drove through at around 11 am today, not many places left directly in front of the terminal, the area further down, left where the "coffee shop" is as you turn right to exit the airport with the SV parking sign above (that may be the office?), which is now covered parking, had lots of spare places.

Cheers

Thanks for doing that mate, I will do my best to get there around 10.30am to secure a spot, failing that I will venture further down to the spot your talking about, although I didn't know there was a "coffee shop" down that way, only two Thai style restaurants on the left after the terminal building, although there were some works going on past those restaurants earlier this year when I was there for a domestic flight, i.e. January.

I will still go to Udon Thani for some shopping before my flight, so will make an effort to drop in and have a good look around at 11.00am this on Friday, a week out from my scheduled flight to see how many spaces they have left, a quick chat with the girl at the boom gate re any chance of holding a space and seeing what is further down the road as you said, and also updating here with price per day as it was 200 baht per day 18 months ago, hope they haven't jacked up the prices like someone said, i.e. they thought it was 300 baht per day, but not sure.

28 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I didn't know there was a "coffee shop" down that way, only two Thai style restaurants on the left after the terminal building, although there were some works going on past those restaurants earlier this year

My directions are probably not the best, after the car parking in front of the terminal you take a right to go back to the out, the coffee shop is on the left on that road, car park behind it, it used to be the long term parking. Runs parallel to the car-park in front of the terminal, across the exit road.

I think it is still 200 baht, least that was the maximum price shown on the boards.

3 minutes ago, CGW said:

My directions are probably not the best, after the car parking in front of the terminal you take a right to go back to the out, the coffee shop is on the left on that road, car park behind it, it used to be the long term parking. Runs parallel to the car-park in front of the terminal, across the exit road.

I think it is still 200 baht, least that was the maximum price shown on the boards.

I know exactly where your talking about now, been past that "coffee shop" about a dozen times and didn't even know it existed...lol

Cheers again, appreciate all your help, have a good one.

On 10/10/2018 at 3:39 PM, CGW said:

Update: Went to the airport today, arriving at 11.10am, the open car park which is before the covered car park that I was talking about, is now also covered (great), and I found that one to be pretty full, although I always park opposite the newer terminal building which is the street immediately after the first car park, that said there were plenty of spaces so I know if I arrive at about the same time, I am good to go.

Also that works I mentioned early past those two restaurants is completed, but not open, it a massive open parking area which I am assuming is an extension of the car parking, so I suppose when they put in the boom gates, it will be open, but as for covering the open spaces, well that might also be in the pipeline ?

Parking is still 200 baht a day which is great.

Cheers

• 5 months later...

When I Fly out of Udon,I Get a Taxi from home in Nong Khai 600 Baht, So if I'm Away for say 5 Days it works out CHEAPER,1,000 Baht for Car Park Plus Fuel for return trip say 700 Baht = 1700 Baht......Return Taxi from Home 1200 Baht & NO Fuel Cost....Just a Thought + You're Car won't get damaged parked at HOME.......

Archived