No visa, lapsed visa means deportation within a month: Prawit

webfact

4 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Fake news i'm thinking and not even well thought one, giving sily numbers of foreigners that don't make sense and citing 'complaints by citizens'

hogwash i say, typical of the man who felt like saying something (that is if he said it at all) to show that he's still alive and relevant....

Ha ha! I think they reckon that's all of us.

Prawit's still alive? How can you tell - did you see him blink?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, mikebell said:
1 hour ago, webfact said:

the government had received complaints about foreigners involved in illegal activities and businesses in several provinces including Bangkok.

Also complaints about unusually rich Dep PMs.  Will it be sorted within a month for him?

Sure, the complaint will be dropped with that time.

"The bureau announced on its website on Monday that there were 1.6 million foreigners living in Thailand between January and August.

Canadians were the biggest group – 9,872 migrants – followed by 9,583 Dutch people, 9,566 Bangladeshis and 9,483 Italians."

1.6m foreigners living in Thailand, and the biggest group doesn't even account for 10k of those? Me thinks these statistics are a little off.

On 8/31/2018 at 8:03 AM, maxisrael said:

The bad news is the price hike, The good news is i stopped drinking and buying wine and i don't like beer either so i will live a healthier life ?

Just curious who stopped buying the boxed wine ? the only losers imho are the wine sellers and i doubt there will be an increase of tax income for the government with this prices.

33 minutes ago, Katipo said:

"The bureau announced on its website on Monday that there were 1.6 million foreigners living in Thailand between January and August.

Canadians were the biggest group – 9,872 migrants – followed by 9,583 Dutch people, 9,566 Bangladeshis and 9,483 Italians."

1.6m foreigners living in Thailand, and the biggest group doesn't even account for 10k of those? Me thinks these statistics are a little off.

Maybe the author accidentally turned to page three of the list.

Perhaps he used to work for The Sun????

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

I am amazed that Canadians make up the largest group of foreigners in Thailand. I rarely ever meet another hoser here. I do see a lot of folks from Burma, Cambodia, Laos, China, Europe and Australia though

Counted by a Newfie, you know, one fish, two fish, another fish, another fish.

Sorry. ????????????????

More copycat American style political theatre, get everybody focused on immigration, while the looting continues unchecked, complete with daft threats and solutions. They are clearly showing they don't have a grip either in citing a few thousand Canadians as the highest number of migrants, there is no way that is accurate.

Deportation after a month...(?) I think if they want to threaten people a better way to put it is that we'll put you in jail for a month, otherwise why mention the month delay. Then again perhaps this is, once again, just badly reported/translated.

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

It's Thailand's own fault for never enforcing their own rules, even on their own citizens. I guess foreigners stand out and are easy targets. Whatever they put in place just makes it harder for genuine visa/extension holders to live here, but will barely dent the numbers of foreigners flying under the radar. 

Why does it make people like myself who stick to the rules any harder to stay here - please explain 

it’s very easy to stay here - takes maybe 2 hours of my time over an entire year - not so bad .

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Those who can pay for their flight are normally gone much quicker than this, with about 7-10 days the normal time to process them. It is those without money who stay in IDC for months. Does this mean that Thailand will now be paying for the fares, for those who dont have it, so as to get them on their way quickly? I suspect not, so more meaningless drivel.

Right. The price of an airfare adds up to a lot of plates of cabbage soup at the detention centre. I can't see Thailand paying to send deadbeats home.

5 minutes ago, peterb17 said:

Why does it make people like myself who stick to the rules any harder to stay here - please explain 

it’s very easy to stay here - takes maybe 2 hours of my time over an entire year - not so bad .

2 hours? Only the printing of my bankdocuments already costs me more time..the whole visa thing to be with my thai wife costs me 2 weeks a year i think...including visaruns.

As of now 1000 super low paid labors for various reasons.

As my previous posts, before elections they demonize the Foreigners, as if Thai's are super angel tourists roaming around the world.

After election, they will welcome more tourists for their Tax revenues. Better to issue 6 months short term working visas for low salary jobs, so that they can be happy here for 6 months, and happy back home too.

It's Thailand's own fault for never enforcing their own rules, even on their own citizens. I guess foreigners stand out and are easy targets. Whatever they put in place just makes it harder for genuine visa/extension holders to live here, but will barely dent the numbers of foreigners flying under the radar. 
Without retirement extension I wouldn't live here. All these under 50's unable to afford a metv running around like blue assed flies, ducking and weaving, border runs and then denied re entry by some dude who is having a bad day followed by desperate TV posts.. Please help me.. Why bother?

A case of the tail wagging the dog

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The bureau announced on its website on Monday that there were 1.6 million foreigners living in Thailand between January and August.

And this is the way that Porky shows his gratitude towards us farangs who, even numerically, prop up his ailing nation. Perhaps he should be kicking ass for the fact that there have been these visa abuses since before he was born but the Thai Immigration maze has made it impossible for all but the best puzzlers to distinguish the goodies from the baddies.

1 hour ago, Cadbury said:

Big Joke is only acting it seems. And here was me thinking his appointment was confirmed as Head of Immigration and set in concrete.

Could it be that he is only acting until prior to the election when he will do a switcheroo and suddenly become a high profile political nominee for Team Prayut.

That might explain all the media mania that surrounds him. Just a sneaking suspicion given the sneaky election stunts this government regularly pulls.

I suppose it raises another question: If half of these people are only acting, do they have a union card for the Thai equivalent of Equity/Actors Equity Association.

Or perhaps they need tips on how to get into an actors union?

5 minutes ago, Ossy said:

And this is the way that Porky shows his gratitude towards us farangs who, even numerically, prop up his ailing nation. Perhaps he should be kicking ass for the fact that there have been these visa abuses since before he was born but the Thai Immigration maze has made it impossible for all but the best puzzlers to distinguish the goodies from the baddies.

Or as someone once described it: distinguish the goolies from the baldies.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The bureau announced on its website on Monday that there were 1.6 million foreigners living in Thailand between January and August.

Canadians were the biggest group – 9,872 migrants – followed by 9,583 Dutch people, 9,566 Bangladeshis and 9,483 Italians.

Even if they do make the distinction between "living" in Thailand and being here on a short term visa, I still can't see Canadians making up the largest group, unless they may be referring to people with Permanent Residence or who have properly "immigrated" ?

I know there are a couple other Canadians in the country eh, but not that many. Otherwise we'd see more "hockey" related sports bars and "Canadian" breakfasts (instead of "American" or "British") on menus, and more bar girls would be says "khop khun ka - eh" and "Luv you too mut - eh" (and so on and so on - eh) !

Gogo girls would be dressed in red flannel shirts and toques and hockey pants eh and we'd see things like Molson's Canadian and Labatt's Blue beer for sale.

It could be that a lot of Americans and Brits "identify" as Canadian though, taking advantage of our good nature and what's left of a formerly quite nice international reputation.

Of the 1.6 million foreigners, I'd suspect that the largest numbers are Lao, Cambodian and Burmese, followed by Malaysians and Chinese, then Indians and probably Brits. (Only because there are more Brits in the world than there are Aussies and Canadians combined. You'd have to add the Kiwis in with the Canucks and Aussies to match the total number of soap dodgers.)

I'm looking at the breakdown on their Statistics spreadsheet as of Jan 2018 and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. (https://www.immigration.go.th/immigration_stats)

Aha - found the table where they got the numbers for the article.

Lol - those numbers are on there, but there are nowhere close to being the "biggest" groups !

Those numbers are from a column labelled "รวม" ("Included" according to Google translate). They include all people that have arrived on 15 or 60 Day visas as well as other short term visas.

And surprise, surprise. I just sorted the list using that same column as the primary and guess who has the largest numbers ?

Burmese. Followed by Cambodians and Laos.

The next 3 largest have a bit of a surprise as it shows Japanese followed by Chinese then Indians. Brits come in 7th.

So I had 4 out of 6 right. Didn't think there'd be more Japanese than Chinese though. Thought there'd be more Malaysians as well.

Anyways. Lots of interesting information in that spreadsheet. 

Want to know who the top 3 are for Thai Elite cards ? Hint - #3 is the UK.

Arg - closed the spreadsheet - meh - can't be bothered to play with it anymore now that I know Canadians don't make up the "largest" group of people living here !

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I am amazed that Canadians make up the largest group of foreigners in Thailand. I rarely ever meet another hoser here. I do see a lot of folks from Burma, Cambodia, Laos, China, Europe and Australia though

Maybe they confuse Canadians with Americans, eh? I could be a Canadian, I had season tickets at Maple Leaf Gardens and used to laugh at the way Jack Valiquette skated.....

And the hookers on Church Street. Thats another story.

2 hours ago, Tradewind777 said:

This is more Trumpian nonsense deisgned to take the focus attention away from deeper pressing domestic matters.

Just like Trump blames raping Mexicans and greedy Chinese job stealers, Europeans and others who “don’t pay their way for defence”. None of the proposed initiatives will benefit the enforcer but it certainly diverts attention of the mostly xenophobic support base these mongrels try to satisfy. 

Wrong thread, mate. You are looking for the Trump melt-down thread.  

2 hours ago, Cadbury said:

. . . until prior to the election when he will do a switcheroo and suddenly become a high profile political nominee for Team Prayut.

Why, Cadbury . . . you plagiaristic rascal . ????. . only joking, but that's almost word-for-word, what I said a fortnight ago and confirmed over the weekend, with news that the cabinet table has been enlarged, enough for the 4 ministerial seats that Big Joke will be sitting on.

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

These figures are possibly based on the Nationalaities of foreigners who are actually registered as staying here, Canadians being the most honest who have entered and remained in the country by the correct channels. Sadly, as anyone who has lived here so long will tell you, they will be the ones who will be targeted, the ones that abide by the rules.

The other 1 million Burmese, Cambodian and Indians etc who entered/remain here illegally won’t be touched (with the exception of big joke rounding up a hand full every now and then).

Archived