No visa, lapsed visa means deportation within a month: Prawit

webfact

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

The problem is growing at an alarming rate and is now obvious and needs dealt with.

There are now obvious signs of South Asians working illegally in major shopping centres such as MBK and elsewhere, performing occupations reserved for Thais, an increasing number of South Asian businesses operating without local staff and many other indicators that the visa and work permit rules are being thoroughly abused by foreign or Thai owners and their foreign workers.

Of course the Thai authorities know this, and the evidence is the nationalities of those arrested in the current crackdowns. 

We might not like the profiling but they are doing it for a reason. 

Was stopping in  hotel in Pattaya last year. It appeared to be Indian owned/operated.

The 2 guys on reception said they were Burmese, but I would say probably Burmese-Rohingya.

Not that I really give a hoot, just that I've noticed this stuff.

36 minutes ago, Ossy said:

Why, Cadbury . . . you plagiaristic rascal . ????. . only joking, but that's almost word-for-word, what I said a fortnight ago and confirmed over the weekend, with news that the cabinet table has been enlarged, enough for the 4 ministerial seats that Big Joke will be sitting on.

I recall mentioning it passing before also but now upon learning that he is only in an acting capacity as boss of Immigration I am more than convinced than ever there is more to all his media parading than meets the eye. 

3 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I am amazed that Canadians make up the largest group of foreigners in Thailand. I rarely ever meet another hoser here. I do see a lot of folks from Burma, Cambodia, Laos, China, Europe and Australia though

I thought all the Canadians were reading ThaiVisa and had left already.  Was I wrong?

2 hours ago, Katipo said:

"The bureau announced on its website on Monday that there were 1.6 million foreigners living in Thailand between January and August.

Canadians were the biggest group – 9,872 migrants – followed by 9,583 Dutch people, 9,566 Bangladeshis and 9,483 Italians."

1.6m foreigners living in Thailand, and the biggest group doesn't even account for 10k of those? Me thinks these statistics are a little off.

Yes I think those stats are way off. The latest figures I could find from Australia estimate that there are more than 25,000 Aussie's living in Thailand,and I'd think there's more from UK and America than that.

Once upon a time when Thailand was a fun place to be you could laugh off this kind of stupidity, but at the moment with the constant deluge of this kind of half witted drivvle i'm finding it difficult to justify being here........ What a shame what's happening to this once fun country at the hands of these old geriatrics...... Geriatrics and action men that would both mess their trousers at the clap of hands.......  Sad..........

On instructions,,,,, no after discussion with our newly appointed Acting Immigration Chief this is what is going to be allowed to happen........

And I agree, they have pussy footed around Immigration flaunting for years & allowed major criminal elements to become established (brown bags being the order of the day)

Respectful, upright expats living here should be clapping. not writing derogatory smart ar,,,

comments

33 minutes ago, sambum said:

Have to "watch" out for this guy - he means business!

I guess he hasn't thought about all the "overstayers" who have dropped off the radar?

"Big Joke" is very good at making a media splash... now that he has been promoted to Immigration Chief, he will likely feel the need to continue what got him the job (acting) in the first place.  I expect over the next 18 months they will continue to crack down - so yes - anyone illegal (especially if they are living close to their last reported address) will be in the cross-hairs.  

9 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Once upon a time when Thailand was a fun place to be you could laugh off this kind of stupidity, but at the moment with the constant deluge of this kind of half witted drivvle i'm finding it difficult to justify being here........ What a shame what's happening to this once fun country at the hands of these old geriatrics...... Geriatrics and action men that would both mess their trousers at the clap of hands.......  Sad..........

You should have been here when the Army and the Police force had running battles/firefights. 

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Maybe they confuse Canadians with Americans, eh? I could be a Canadian, I had season tickets at Maple Leaf Gardens and used to laugh at the way Jack Valiquette skated.....

And the hookers on Church Street. Thats another story.

As a Canadian People regularly assume I am an American. I would be interested if Americans get mistaken for Canadians from time to time.  I mean a lot of you guys can skate and a few can curl.

4 hours ago, Esso49 said:

Why wait a month ? No Visa, lapsed visa, fraudulent ones whatever. On the plane back next day

"The plane" would probably want to be paid for the seats the deportees occupy. Not all illegals possess return tickets or the wherewithal to pay for them.

31 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I thought all the Canadians were reading ThaiVisa and had left already.  Was I wrong?

Still here...  I would not be surprised if Canadians were the largest "western" contingent on overstay :o. You just have to look no farther than Canadian Customs and Immigration that spend more time hassling Canadians re-entering... why... well because we are well known for breaking the law on things like smuggling... (even if it is just understating etc.).  Some of our richest families made their money smuggling during prohibition... Is smuggling yourself any different :o

3 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

As a Canadian People regularly assume I am an American. I would be interested if Americans get mistaken for Canadians from time to time.  I mean a lot of you guys can skate and a few can curl.

Unlikely, it is just that Americans and Canadians sound sort of similar -- especially to non-North Americans...   and since Americans make up 90% of that statistical pool, odds are assuming American first will usually be right.

5 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

We cant drink as much. And we dont have Toques. ????

1 minute ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Unlikely, it is just that Americans and Canadians sound sort of similar -- especially to non-North Americans...   and since Americans make up 90% of that statistical pool, odds are assuming American first will usually be right.

Eh?

4 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I am amazed that Canadians make up the largest group of foreigners in Thailand. I rarely ever meet another hoser here. I do see a lot of folks from Burma, Cambodia, Laos, China, Europe and Australia though

My thoughts exactly maybe there is a hockey team in Thailand nobody knows about. 

5 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

"Big Joke" is very good at making a media splash... now that he has been promoted to Immigration Chief, he will likely feel the need to continue what got him the job (acting) in the first place.  I expect over the next 18 months they will continue to crack down - so yes - anyone illegal (especially if they are living close to their last reported address) will be in the cross-hairs.  

I agree with everything you say except the 18 months. I have said all along that this is a political stunt and it will end after the election in February. This is good publicity for the 2 P's so that they can continue as PM and DPM of a democratically elected government

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Those who can pay for their flight are normally gone much quicker than this, with about 7-10 days the normal time to process them. It is those without money who stay in IDC for months. Does this mean that Thailand will now be paying for the fares, for those who dont have it, so as to get them on their way quickly? I suspect not, so more meaningless drivel.

Yes desperate can't or won't pay the deport free fee lol. Oh nobody is listening to Prawit same same

2 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

OK, but let's imagine that Future Forward wins a landslide and starts to reform many things, and in reality I can assure you that many many Thais really want Thailand to move forward and quickly become a first world country with highly professional high capable sincere and honest people developing and implementing the policies and strategies for their ministries and quickly moving Thailand up the scale and 100% respect for the law and no police corruption. 

Are these folks interested in what's a fun place for your average farang? Not really, not in their priorities, and that shouldn't surprise any of us. 

Not that long back I had a planned long class discussion with my Thai MBA students (English program), and as planned there was a vote to indicate what country would be a good role model for Thailand. About 90% voted for Singapore' look like, feel like, respect for the law; Singapore, in terms of education, economic development, economic success, respect fot the law, a professional police force no police corruption etc.

And they are well aware that the major historical roadblock which has held Thailand back is the history of politics in Thailand, not just the last 4 years, but the past 40 years, and the history of incapable people / highly incapable insincere and corrupt people heading up Thai ministries, government agencies etc. 

I'm not saying, and I repeat I'm not saying these people hate or dislike farang. Also, there are many middle class, poor and wealthy Thai folks who have had, in their life very little or close to zero contact or interaction with farang.

Is that a negative? No, just reality.

39 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

OK, but let's imagine that Future Forward wins a landslide and starts to reform many things, and in reality I can assure you that many many Thais really want Thailand to move forward and quickly become a first world country with highly professional high capable sincere and honest people developing and implementing the policies and strategies for their ministries and quickly moving Thailand up the scale and 100% respect for the law and no police corruption. 

Are these folks interested in what's a fun place for your average farang? Not really, not in their priorities, and that shouldn't surprise any of us. 

Not that long back I had a planned long class discussion with my Thai MBA students (English program), and as planned there was a vote to indicate what country would be a good role model for Thailand. About 90% voted for Singapore'; look like, feel like, respect for the law; Singapore, in terms of education, economic development, economic success, respect fort the law, a professional police force and no police corruption etc.

And they are well aware that the major historical roadblock which has held Thailand back is the history of politics in Thailand, not just the last 4 years, but the past 40 years, and the history of incapable people / highly incapable insincere and corrupt people heading up Thai ministries, government agencies etc. 

I'm not saying, and I repeat I'm not saying these people hate or dislike farang. Also, there are many middle class, poor and wealthy Thai folks who have had, in their whole life very little / close to zero contact or interaction with farang.

Is that a negative? No, just reality.

4 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

i am not amazed, i come from a nation as far north as canada,

and i can tell you that you dont know cold, or you would know right away why they fled

Archived