No visa, lapsed visa means deportation within a month: Prawit

webfact

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Are these folks interested in what's a fun place for your average farang? Not really, not in their priorities, and that shouldn't surprise any of us. 

Not that long back I had a planned long class discussion with my Thai MBA students (English program), and as planned there was a vote to indicate what country would be a good role model for Thailand. About 90% voted for Singapore' look like, feel like, respect for the law; Singapore, in terms of education, economic development, economic success, respect fot the law, a professional police force no police corruption etc.

That is very interesting.

I just got back from Chiang Mai recently and you would be surprised how many people are moving out of SIngapore and to Chiang Mai/Thailand.  Many problems in Singapore and the cost of living generally is much much higher then here.  I do not think a nice house 20 minutes outside the city can be purchased in SIngapore for $50,000.

It may be a good role model for your MBA students but no way Thailand will ever be SIngapore.

Not in a million years......

PS:  I think that is a good thing.

3 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

That is very interesting.

I just got back from Chiang Mai recently and you would be surprised how many people are moving out of SIngapore and to Chiang Mai/Thailand.  Many problems in Singapore and the cost of living generally is much much higher then here.  I do not think a nice house 20 minutes outside the city can be purchased in SIngapore for $50,000.

It may be a good role model for your MBA students but no way Thailand will ever be SIngapore.

Not in a million years......

PS:  I think that is a good thing.

Points taken, my students were not saying they want to live in Singapore, but they do admire the levels of development etc. 

2 minutes ago, poanoi said:

i am not amazed, i come from a nation as far north as Canada,

and i can tell you that you dont know cold, or you would know right away why they fled

Pfffffft, don't know cold. It's so cold where I came from the politicians have their hands in their own pockets.

27 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Pfffffft, don't know cold. It's so cold where I came from the politicians have their hands in their own pockets.

Spent a few winters in Northern Alberta and was quite happy to get back to tropical Scotland. ????????????

5 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I am amazed that Canadians make up the largest group of foreigners in Thailand. I rarely ever meet another hoser here. I do see a lot of folks from Burma, Cambodia, Laos, China, Europe and Australia though

I am happy to say that i see none of them around here ,,,,Please can we keep it that way,,,, nice and quiet.

6 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Bet you don't have any video of it?

Its in Thai media

Of course prawit is claiming the boos were welcoming him lol

How much do you bet? There is a video of it available online try Mono29 News (its in Thai but has a video of the boos)

1 hour ago, Suradit69 said:

I seriously doubt anyone gets mistaken for a Canadian here ... unless of course he's spotted bashing a baby seal.

Seal.....delicious.

I have been living here on and off for 9 yrs, I have a business in New Zealand. We import goods from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, India and Vietnam, I have a Thai wife for 9yrs. I have an APEC CARD.  Which allows me to enter any of the 22 Member countries without a visa for 90 days. I tried so hard early on to buy some products from Thailand to the sport them to New Zealand. The customs agents we contacted told us to be prepared to pay the customs people many thousands of Baht. In an envelope. So we decided to give Thailand a miss to buy from.

it really makes me laugh reading the emigration police going for Falangs. The government does not seem to go for their customs departments.

report it and make sure you made your will. That is the way it is.

i tried 2, times applying for a marrage visa in Khon Kaen, each time it was  24,000Baht. With their finger on their lips. Shush, Shush. They Cannot control their own, what confidence do people have.

15 minutes ago, digger70 said:

I am happy to say that i see none of them around here ,,,,Please can we keep it that way,,,, nice and quiet.

"nice and quiet"

You obviously missed the recent posts about noise pollution in Thailand! And actually, any Canadians that I have met have been perfectly reasonable conversationalists - not like a lot of the people from further South (in the World!) who like to let everybody within 5 blocks hear them talk!

17 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Does that include 'Newfies?'

555, good question.  

Have you ever been in a pub, with Newfie's, Irish and Brits having a few cocktails together?  The only ones that can differentiate them are Newfies, Irish and Brits.

1 minute ago, sambum said:

"nice and quiet"

You obviously missed the recent posts about noise pollution in Thailand! And actually, any Canadians that I have met have been perfectly reasonable conversationalists - not like a lot of the people from further South (in the World!) who like to let everybody within 5 blocks hear them talk!

I didn't miss that post. All I like to say is that I Prefer  Peace and quiet , I don't want to meet anyone  Including any Farangs .We are happy in our village.

I love the way that the Canadian, Dutch, Italian and Bangladesh figures are all so similar..... I reckon he’s demanded figures and someone has just chucked him some numbers to keep him happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

11 minutes ago, CanuckThai said:

555, good question.  

Have you ever been in a pub, with Newfie's, Irish and Brits having a few cocktails together?  The only ones that can differentiate them are Newfies, Irish and Brits.

StJohns Calgary and Edmonton and further north.

Always an entertaining mix to have a beer with ( when it wasn't frozen ) ????????

It would really be interesting if this country would lose the extra revenue for the overstay....  just from this calculation 0f 38,504 people here is the revenue they would lose(besides having to pay for the plane tix)

38,504 x 500 baht(1 day)=19,252,000 baht
38,504 x 20,000 baht(max fine)=770,080,000 baht

I wonder if he is even thinking about this... 

10 minutes ago, overherebc said:

StJohns Calgary and Edmonton and further north.

Always an entertaining mix to have a beer with ( when it wasn't frozen ) ????????

Always an amazing bunch to spill some suds with!

I still bounce into YYC, YEG and YMM a couple of times a year (15+ years to go paying CPP ...etc)

I wonder what he thinks about the 100,000 or so Thais illegally working in S. Korea? 
The last I read the Thai government was negotiating with S. Korea to allow them to stay so that Thailand wouldn't be swamped with deportees.

Obviously it's not do as we do, but do as we say.

6 hours ago, Tradewind777 said:

This is more Trumpian nonsense deisgned to take the focus attention away from deeper pressing domestic matters.

Just like Trump blames raping Mexicans and greedy Chinese job stealers, Europeans and others who “don’t pay their way for defence”. None of the proposed initiatives will benefit the enforcer but it certainly diverts attention of the mostly xenophobic support base these mongrels try to satisfy. 

I thought this topic was not about Trump.

7 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I am amazed that Canadians make up the largest group of foreigners in Thailand. I rarely ever meet another hoser here. I do see a lot of folks from Burma, Cambodia, Laos, China, Europe and Australia though

hey mate dont bring us Aussies into it .

5 hours ago, peterb17 said:

Why does it make people like myself who stick to the rules any harder to stay here - please explain 

it’s very easy to stay here - takes maybe 2 hours of my time over an entire year - not so bad .

Because it used to be super easy. You could go to any embassy and get a muliti b visa with just a letter from an employer.  Unlimted visa exempts, no bans for overstaying, i could go on and on. Starting early 2000 they started cracking down and it has never stopped. 

They need to make a more clear fare visa system to filter out criminals from people that get confused or overstay because of allot of

confusion with visas and agencies and stuff 

also if people are living and need to work to support a thai family there needs to be a fare system in place 

If I employ a Forang I have to pay triple the average wage then they have to take a week off every few months to do border runs

people thag need to supoort their thai families should have more abilities to work without fear of immigration

people who come on a tourist vida should be limited as this is a big way for criminals to stay without claiming they work

havint a work permit actually helps to see who the criminals are

if you work legally and work permits are given out for working without allot of head aches then this should filter out the criminals 

criminals normally enter on a tourist visa then don’t leave

or find a nominee wife to get a marriage visa. 

Thailand is allot safer to walk the streets due to the nationalist approach to foreigners 

thai people being in control helps kee the country safer

Archived