British Embassy Bangkok to Stop Certification of Income Letters

33 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The link is in Thai and very slow to open or does not open at all.

The site does not have a time stamp, so can't say whether is has been revised or is new.

What I find interesting that under documents there is proof of income required like pension, interest etc. (point 3. in the last section).

But there is no mention of an income letter from embassy.

Was this income letter mentioned in previous orders/policies?

I simply don't know.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

I bet the rest will follow, this is most likely a request by the Thais to scrutinize the monthly income.

Knowing a few Brits who did the two bank money transfer scam - transfer funds from bank A to bank b account or from the wife's account monthly and showing the Embassy they have the "income".

• Thanks 2

Spoke to them on the phone, asked the question whether as for visa's only but the response was no and it Includes extensions of stay.

Advised to keep checking the Embassy website for further info, was told they are still speaking to the Thai authorities. I pointed out that the BE was one of the few to require evidence before issuing a letter.

He seems to think the Thai authorities want to see the income of 65,000/40,000 a month coming into your Thai Bank Account if you are not using cash in Bank.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I doubt that. I imagine that we are all going to have to deposit the 800K. Thanks to a useless Embassy 

Yes me to, but that's how it reads to me as an alternative to having the 400/800k on deposit.

2 minutes ago, garyk said:

How do i show proof of 65K baht / mo. income. Can I just show my bank statements showing monthly deposits of at least that much?

I can easily get electronic statements from my bank (Kasikorn) but will Immigration accept these of will they insist on 'original' hard copies?  Who knows!!

17 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

The link is in Thai and very slow to open or does not open at all.

The site does not have a time stamp, so can't say whether is has been revised or is new.

You have to click "Eng at top right side of the page for the english version. It appears immigration is having problems with their server today. Normally much faster.

Same it has been the a long time. it says the same thing in the police order.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MUSTYJACK said:

....and for those who need to renew their visas in December/January, they don't even have the three months necessary to meet the bank account regulations.

Apply for the letter before Dec 12, isn't it valid for 3 months? Assuming they immigration are still accepting them at the time

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alphason said:

Apply for the letter before Dec 12, isn't it valid for 3 months? Assuming they immigration are still accepting them at the time

The letter is valid for 6 months, but will Immigration accept them after Dec 2018.

2 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Maybe Thai banks can issue official letters confirming that a minimum of 65,000 Bt each month has been deposited in your account with them. This will be the same kind of letters that the bank issues for the seasoned 800K.

even easier if like my previous post 22.   But maybe they will no longer accept letters ( due to the dodgy scams) rather want to see actual bank books to witness the history of all credits ?

Edited by Esso49

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Seems to me that its just hand the same statements over that you gave the Embassy to produce the letter and saves you £50 !

Be interesting to see how many now switch to "thai wife" for lower figure ?

Except, of course, that Immigration will want translations of your original documents into Thai!

That will mean a trip to MOFA in Bangkok and that place is a zoo!!

• Like 2