BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

"I know Big Joke - give me your money!" - 'Thierry Perenon' surfaces again

"I know Big Joke - give me your money!" - 'Thierry Perenon' surfaces again

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A man claiming to be an officer working for the Thai police has resurfaced to try and rip off the admin of the CSI LA  site over the Koh Tao alleged rape case. 

CSI LA were contacted by someone claiming to be "Thierry Perenon" who said that he knew Maj Gen Surachate Hakparn or Big Joke. 

Idle extortion threats were made that inferred that the UK teen at the center of the rape allegations was lying and that the good name of Maj-Gen Surachate had been besmirched. 

The owner of CSI LA - believed to be a US national of Thai extraction in the US - is actually wanted by Big Joke for spreading damaging fake news. 

Surachate told Daily News that he had no idea who Thierry Perenon is. 

Perhaps he should. 

Thaivisa notes that Thai police have admitted in the past that a French man of this name had helped the Department of Special Investigations (DSI) in the past. Though not a sworn officer he had assisted under a foreigner network program" in Pattaya. 

Thaivisa further notes that a person claiming to be Thierry Perenon was featured in two stories earlier in the year.

These were failed extortion attempts against those arrested in the Pattaya Russian Sex Course investigation and the attempted extortion of several hundred thousand baht from British YouTube blogger Danny Mac. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-09

2 minutes ago, webfact said:

The owner of CSI LA - believed to be a US national of Thai extraction in the US - is actually wanted by Big Joke for spreading damaging fake news. 

Was it fake or just embarrassing?

22 minutes ago, webfact said:

"I know Big Joke - give me your money!"

To which I'd reply  "I don't care if you know God or Buddha, Get lost"...….or more damning words to that effect.

Even the help,is into extortion, it seems.

regards worgeordie

Hmmm......looks like frenchie hasn't got the "no tip" memo.

1 hour ago, Darcula said:

Hmmm......looks like frenchie hasn't got the "no tip" memo.

Perhaps it needed to be in French: pas de pourboire

30 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Perhaps it needed to be in French: pas de pourboire

Or Scottish French

Je na dinnie tip pas.

We don't know if it is this guy sending message himself or just a scammer who went to his FB page, saved pictures of him and use them to scam and scare people....

I still prefer the nice polite 200 Baht attached with your license, followed by a smile, and return of license minus the 200 Baht. That is the Thailand I have come to love and enjoy.

18 minutes ago, Michael Stribling said:

Foreigner Network Program. Snitches. Not a damn thing worse than a snitch except maybe a chow thief. 

or mattress thief

2 hours ago, anthobkk said:

We don't know if it is this guy sending message himself or just a scammer who went to his FB page, saved pictures of him and use them to scam and scare people....

He is known for doing it, the DSI were supposed to be investigating him for impersonating them but he has never been arrested , I wonder why?

2 hours ago, oldrunner said:

I still prefer the nice polite 200 Baht attached with your license, followed by a smile, and return of license minus the 200 Baht. That is the Thailand I have come to love and enjoy.

Strap your helmet on mate, you never know it might even save your life one day as well as the 200 baht

4 hours ago, meinphuket said:

image.png

He was on my FB. His married to  Thai had some affiliation with Yamaha racing