"Don't let foreigners sell at Khao San - only Thais can do that", Bangkok governor tells minions

webfact

On 10/9/2018 at 10:30 PM, ChakaKhan said:

Can anyone explain the Amity Treaty to me in laymans terms as far as working in LOS if a US citizen?...:wai:

Explanation.

Easy to do if you want to pay a lawyer a lot of money and at the end you probably won't be guaranteed a work permit.

14 hours ago, overherebc said:

Explanation.

Easy to do if you want to pay a lawyer a lot of money and at the end you probably won't be guaranteed a work permit.

Odd thing is I DO have a WP from years ago working here as a Chef--I refused to turn it in when i quit..

But ive heard it useless cos its expired(which seems to me could just be reactivated)

5 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Odd thing is I DO have a WP from years ago working here as a Chef--I refused to turn it in when i quit..

But ive heard it useless cos its expired(which seems to me could just be reactivated)

Doubt that it could be reactivated. Could even be a 1000 baht fine for failing to cancel it but that's unlikely if it's from years ago.

On 10/8/2018 at 10:23 PM, webfact said:

by turning it into a kind of Walking Street with a one lane road 

Thus one side of the road for us (walkers) and one side for them (drivers).  Interesting.  Does that mean the drivers of vehicles going in either direction can us one side of the road, and in so doing defy any laws because of the confusion and collisions as they meet head-on on the same side of the road, but at the same time not hit any pedestrians on the other side of the road?  Is this just another hairbrained and hot air idea?

'nuf sed

Question for you Khao San experts .... DO Chinese tourists stay down there. I was going to say backpackers but more like rolling suitcase  packers.

I assumed that KS was more a western backpacker  zone, but as I haven't been there in over 10 years have no clue. As they have "revitalized" Khao San by kicking out sidewalk vendors and backpackers don't seem to like it much, who is going to fill their place? Is it the Chinese tourists or Indian? 

Archived