Korean Fried Chicken In Nyc

jazzbo

I lived in the South and Oklahoma for 15 years before moving to Thailand so I guess so...

The New York Times has run 108 articles on "southern fried chicken" since 1981 but they still found the Korean approach unique...and I know about the buttermilk.

Sorry Mr. Clipped -- must be all the muscle relaxers the docs are giving me -- did not see the THAI...the closest I have had was an street hawker selling excellent fried chicken near Thonburi -- close to what you described..and it was delicious.

I guess my reason for posting this was for the technique namely their method of cooking the chicken, taking it out and letting it cool, then cooking it for a second time.

It reminded me of a classic French technique for cooking potatoes: Slice the potatoes thin then fry them once in oil at 350 F; take them out and then fry them in oil at 400f. They puff up like Chinese lanterns or sopapillas.

I guess my reason for posting this was for the technique namely their method of cooking the chicken, taking it out and letting it cool, then cooking it for a second time.

It reminded me of a classic French technique for cooking potatoes: Slice the potatoes thin then fry them once in oil at 350 F; take them out and then fry them in oil at 400f. They puff up like Chinese lanterns or sopapillas.