Jump to content
BANGKOK 22 March 2019 21:42
webfact

Chiang Mai Chinese tourism down! Let's be a "happy family" and learn to speak Mandarin!

Recommended Posts

On 10/13/2018 at 8:59 AM, simoh1490 said:
On 10/13/2018 at 8:33 AM, YogaVeg said:

Who am I to believe, you or my lying eyes? 😂😂😂

 

 

Nobody cares one jot who or what you believe, least of all me, you can deal with the inputs of others any way you wish.

Sound argument rationale - if you can't win the argument just tell the other person you're right and that you don't care what they believe. 

 

 

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2018 at 9:16 AM, YogaVeg said:

Hey, no offense buddy, but yeah my first-hand experience takes precedence.

It's just mildly amusing when folks tell me my daily experiences for 2 months are mearly an anomaly.

 

I could just as easily have the same experience for the rest of my life as be suddenly shown otherwise...

 

Who's to say what plays a part of this equation here?

Maybe you and I frequent radically different places? Maybe I'm extremely lucky and you aren't?

Maybe I'm experiencing the norm and your experiences are the anomalies?

Maybe I'm showing up respectfully and trusting, and you are showing up edgy and expecting the worst, and folks are responding in kind?

Perhaps the manner with which I approach the situation, with a positive vibe and respectful energy, encourages everyone around me to behave more appropriately?

 

In any event, I'm not being dismissive of your speculations nearly as much as simply honoring my first-hand experiences. 

 

2 months of daily experience is more of a pattern than an anomaly in my view. 🍻

Maybe you should go to Tesco or Big C more often, lose your guard there for a minute and you have a queue jumper.

2 months of experience behind your computer i guess. 

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Maybe you should go to Tesco or Big C more often, lose your guard there for a minute and you have a queue jumper.

2 months of experience behind your computer i guess. 

In my hundreds of visits to various supermarkets I havent noticed much queue jumping by Thais at all. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The manic said:

In my hundreds of visits to various supermarkets I havent noticed much queue jumping by Thais at all. 

Likewise. I can only remember once, about a year ago. Yet one visit to an airport and it almost certainly happens with a Chinese person

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Maybe you should go to Tesco or Big C more often, lose your guard there for a minute and you have a queue jumper.

2 months of experience behind your computer i guess. 

Pro tips:

1- Don't "lose your guard" 

    i.e. pay attention!

2- Guess again

3- Try a respectful attitude when you interact with people. The energy will be reflected back at you. Both in queues and on forums.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My experience is that many of them who we think are Chinese , actually are Burmese or from the hill tribe people like Akha. 

 

Plenty of them working in Chiang Mai , and probably also try to learn Chinese to handle the tourist invasion. Could also be some Thai/Chinese families who run businesses, but I  would be very surprised if there are a lot of workers from mainland China , they are breaking the rules for sure , no work permits etc. 

And Big Joke will be on their tails pretty soon . 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the word is getting out that CM is kind of boring.

So, they go to a few temples, visit a waterfall or go look at a view, then what?

They are not ATV, trekking, shooting, or ziplining or other adventures.

After a day or two they are cruising the malls and taking photos at Nimman-bored.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Maybe the word is getting out that CM is kind of boring.

So, they go to a few temples, visit a waterfall or go look at a view, then what?

They are not ATV, trekking, shooting, or ziplining or other adventures.

After a day or two they are cruising the malls and taking photos at Nimman-bored.

 

     I am sure that where you are living , is so much better .

5 AM and you are posting on TV , suppose you just got back home from a wild night out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw my trusted and well-respected hairdresser yesterday, a Chinese man whom I've known for many years and we were discussing the lack of tourists in CM. He was very clear, he's certain the reason the Chinese aren't coming to Thailand of late is that of the weak Yuan, he reckons it has nothing to do with safety or the Phuket boat sinking - this is a byproduct of the Trump/trade war issue he says. 

Edited by simoh1490

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

I saw my trusted and well-respected hairdresser yesterday, a Chinese man whom I've known for many years and we were discussing the lack of tourists in CM. He was very clear, he's certain the reason the Chinese aren't coming to Thailand of late is that of the weak Yuan, he reckons it has nothing to do with safety or the Phuket boat sinking - this is a byproduct of the Trump/trade war issue he says. 

Could you ask him about investing in bitcoin and whether the price will go up or down next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Could you ask him about investing in bitcoin and whether the price will go up or down next year

Had enough of you matey, it's the big IL time, byee!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sanemax said:

 

     I am sure that where you are living , is so much better .

5 AM and you are posting on TV , suppose you just got back home from a wild night out?

I have made it clear in the past I like Chiang Mai in fact heading back tomorrow.  It is low key and a good lifestyle for retirees. But I think tourists generally want a little more going on and CM is light in that area.  If you have not figured that out yet you are pretty out of touch for someone that lives there.

As far as 5am, I actually woke up for my golf group that plays early twice a week.

Nice try though....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I have made it clear in the past I like Chiang Mai in fact heading back tomorrow.  It is low key and a good lifestyle for retirees. But I think tourists generally want a little more going on and CM is light in that area. 

And that is a major plus in my book! Less tourists, thank heaven. For those who want a less hectic environment, want study massage or cooking or Thai for cheap, seek cheaper accomodations, cheaper food, cheaper massages, CM is an excellent choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...