BANGKOK
jamie2009

Correct Procedure to Obtain an Extension of Stay/Retirement Visa.

I intend to get a Single Entry Non Immigrant O Visa from Hull, my intention was too then get an Extension of Stay (Retirement Visa) 30 Days before it expired. 

As I travel 3/4 times a year too the U.K. I am sure I read on the Forum there is another Extension, Multi Entry I can apply for ?

You have the option of using multi entry non immigrant O visas for up to 90 day stays - obtained from a Consulate and not many will issue for retirement - more common for marriage.

Obtain a multi entry non immigrant O-A visa which provides a one year stay on each entry during the year it is valid.  Obtained from Consulate with proof of financials/medical/police report.

Extend a non immigrant O visa as mentioned for one year at immigration in Thailand and then obtain a multi re-entry permit to allow travel/returns during the one year permitted to stay.

15 minutes ago, jamie2009 said:

I intend to get a Single Entry Non Immigrant O Visa from Hull, my intention was too then get an Extension of Stay (Retirement Visa) 30 Days before it expired. 

Are you 65 or over and drawing a state pension? If not you will not get one in the UK. If yes you could also get a multiple entry non-o visa at the embassy in London.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Are you 65 or over and drawing a state pension? If not you will not get one in the UK. If yes you could also get a multiple entry non-o visa at the embassy in London.

Forgot to mention over 65 and in receipt of the U.K. State Pension.

5 minutes ago, jamie2009 said:

Forgot to mention over 65 and in receipt of the U.K. State Pension.

Not problem then to get the single entry non-o visa at Hull. 

Then apply for the one year extension of stay and then a multiple re-entry permit to keep it valid when you make your trips out of the country.

2 minutes ago, jamie2009 said:

Can the 800000 baht be in a joint account or has it to be in a sole account ?

If has to be in your name only. Some offices will accept a joint account with 1.6 million baht in it though.

On 10/16/2018 at 9:04 AM, ubonjoe said:

Not problem then to get the single entry non-o visa at Hull. 

Then apply for the one year extension of stay and then a multiple re-entry permit to keep it valid when you make your trips out of the country.

What is the minimum number of days I need have left on my Non Immigrant O Visa too apply for an Extension of Stay ?

You can apply on the last day of permitted entry (nothing to do with visa expiration date - which may have gone bye).

6 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You can apply on the last day of permitted entry (nothing to do with visa expiration date - which may have gone bye).

Apologies I will have a 90 Day Non Immigrant Single Entry Visa based on being in receipt of my U.K. State Pension obtained from Hull. I was under the impression there had to be a minimum numbers days left on it to allow me too apply for an Extension of Stay

6 minutes ago, jamie2009 said:

I was under the impression there had to be a minimum numbers days left on it to allow me too apply for an Extension of Stay

There is no minimum number of days to apply for an extension. You can apply at any time during the last 30 days of your 90 day entry from your visa.

There is only a minimum number of days to apply for a non immigrant visa at immigration. Perhaps confusion between visas and extensions of stay