Another dead tourist found floating at Koh Tao: Police fly body out for autopsy in Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, irishken said:

Of course they had to be foreign pharmaceutical drugs as everyone knows to buy the more expensive ones from your own country before coming to Thailand where they are cheaper.  

Well - that's not correct....

Moldova is no 55 of the poorest countries in the world and Thailand no 117 so we can assume that it was cheaper in Moldova...

https://www.atlasandboots.com/poorest-countries-in-the-world-ranked/

6 minutes ago, kcpattaya said:

It certainly works-up to its reputation "The Island of Death"...
Can't imagine why people still go there, nor can't understand why the island is not shut down by the authorities...

Probably because of the money from massive amounts of tourists that go there every year and survive. Also lack of evidence, you know, not rumours and speculation. Also, useless police force on that island. Thailand is not known for its ability to control it's police forces.

33 minutes ago, Mitker said:

My first thought: finally they decided to adopt a serious approach to this endless list of dead bodies found on KT by having the job done "better" in BKK

2nd thought: it looks like they waited until a possibly genuine suicide took place in order to organize a large, publicized show in order to try to whitewash past botched investigations

(if the report of clothes, shoes, ID and phone being found together at the beach - with no obvious signs of foul play - is correct, we may have the first credible suicide case on this island)

Your 2nd thought was what I thought immediately. All for show when this seems obvious that drowning was the cause here.

Quick, better get Big Joke back down there to sort it, later to be advised, it was all a misunderstanding by the media, the security guard spotted the items on a beach in Phuket, not Koh Tao, but the body floated all the way down to this beautiful island.

12 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Quick, better get Big Joke back down there to sort it, later to be advised, it was all a misunderstanding by the media, the security guard spotted the items on a beach in Phuket, not Koh Tao, but the body floated all the way down to this beautiful island.

He's in Immigration now, no longer in Tourist Police.

So he probably wouldn't be involved here, unless he was to come along and want to charge the dead Moldovan guy posthumously with overstaying his visa!!!! :cheesy:

1 hour ago, irishken said:

Of course they had to be foreign pharmaceutical drugs as everyone knows to buy the more expensive ones from your own country before coming to Thailand where they are cheaper.  

so could'nt possibly be prescription drugs then?
the report said he suffered from 'wheezing....maybe asthma or similar?

1 hour ago, asiamaster said:

Yes probably accidental drowning and not suicide or foul-play.  I used to be a good swimmer but a few years ago I almost drowned when swimming from a boat to the shore which despite my chronic bronchitis looked doable. But there were some unexpected strong currents... RIP

RIP currents......

1 hour ago, Megasin1 said:

Moldovia, I always thought that was a made up place that they used in the Princess Diaries and they have an embassy too, remarkable, I bet they verify peoples income, it's about time they remodelled Koh Tao into the shape of a skull and surrounded it with an impenetrable mist. If big joke consults his tidal maps, soothsayers and bar owners club of Koh Tao I am sure he will be able to solve this riddle with the speed of a thousand gazelles. In the meantime whilst we await the crime fighting skills of the caped crusader to right all the wrongs in the world I will just carry on blissfully ignoring where it is located and hope that I never get ship wrecked there.

I think you may be confusing a country with a soap opera...

Moldavia was the site of the infamous massacre at the wedding in Dynasty...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynasty_(1981_TV_series)#"Moldavian_Massacre"

As for getting shipwrecked in Moldova, best of luck there - it's landlocked... ????

4 minutes ago, mrfill said:

I think you may be confusing a country with a soap opera...

Moldavia was the site of the infamous massacre at the wedding in Dynasty...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynasty_(1981_TV_series)#"Moldavian_Massacre"

As for getting shipwrecked in Moldova, best of luck there - it's landlocked... ????

Megasin1 was talking about Koh Tao...not Moldova

1 hour ago, alanrchase said:

Plenty of posts because it is Kho Tao. Not one post on the body of a foreigner found floating off Phuket today.

Probably because this article is highlighted at the top to make it stand out.  But the body found in Phuket is far more suspicious.  From the article - "The body was retrieved from the water and brought to the beach. Bruise wounds were found on the man’s neck and blood was also coming out of his ears. His body was taken to Thalang Hospital for further examination to find the cause of death."

Archived