Another dead tourist found floating at Koh Tao: Police fly body out for autopsy in Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Nip said:

At what stage do the foreign embassies come together and set aside the implications with regards to upsetting their hosts and trade and think about their citizens and issue a warning regarding travel to the island. . . In the workings of a Thai Police investigation a Safe House is one in which they force confessions the transferring of this unfortunate man's body to the police hospital in Bangkok is ... well we all know why.

No one bothers to read said warnings until 10 mins after they need the information contained.

Now I hope that all the hype turns out that there is no aerial

killers and just serial liars and all of us forangs get hit hard due to fake news. If it turns out these foreigners have been using drugs then they shall make the penalities for drugs very high 

the fake news might have some

slihjt truth to their stories but their are allot of distorted truth also

i just hope not all foreigners shall end up getting trouble because of bad lying forangs

2 hours ago, Vacuum said:

At 1.30 am on Tuesday morning a security guard working for a dive company on Sairee Beach had seen clothes, a phone, a room key, shoes and and some ID left on the beach.

The items were still there at 3am and he alerted the authorities.

Did you forget to bold "a security guard" ?

More lies 

2 hours ago, Mitker said:

My first thought: finally they decided to adopt a serious approach to this endless list of dead bodies found on KT by having the job done "better" in BKK

2nd thought: it looks like they waited until a possibly genuine suicide took place in order to organize a large, publicized show in order to try to whitewash past botched investigations

(if the report of clothes, shoes, ID and phone being found together at the beach - with no obvious signs of foul play - is correct, we may have the first credible suicide case on this island)

There are others ways to die besides murder or suicide.

The overwhelmingly cause of death all over the world, including Koh Two, is illness,

followed probably by accidents.

Given the dozen or so suspicious deaths there over the last few years perhaps Stacey Dooley

or Grant Mitchell* should shoot a documentary there.

2 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Many years ago a Thai said to me the easiest way to kill someone is drag them into the sea and stand on them until they stop breathing  I thought he was messing about but maybe there is some truth in what he said ????????RIP

That doesn't sound easy at all, the victim would have to cooperate to quite a significant

degree, for me at least as I'm not really the murderous type.

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Oh dear. Here we go again. This place can't keep out of the news involving dead bodies can it?

I am not sure that only the location "Koh Tao" is always the problem.
Could it be that the 'kind of tourists' there is another reason ?

What is going on at this Island Resort ?

There  really needs to be some serious and credible investigations untaken to get to the root cause of all these deaths.

The amount of deaths on this Island really goes beyond a " normal " number for the size of the Island and number of Inhabitants / Tourists that are on there

1 hour ago, sweatalot said:

Not unexpected -

but anyway I believe that even on Koh Tao people might dy by accident - sometimes

Oh no, we can't have reasonable posts in a thread about Koh Tao! You must be sometype of Koh Tao apologist lol ????

1 hour ago, BigC said:

Now I hope that all the hype turns out that there is no aerial

killers and just serial liars and all of us forangs get hit hard due to fake news. If it turns out these foreigners have been using drugs then they shall make the penalities for drugs very high 

the fake news might have some

slihjt truth to their stories but their are allot of distorted truth also

i just hope not all foreigners shall end up getting trouble because of bad lying forangs

If it turns out these foreigners have been using drugs they bought on the island then what?

34 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

There  really needs to be some serious and credible investigations untaken to get to the root cause of all these deaths.

The amount of deaths on this Island really goes beyond a " normal " number for the size of the Island and number of Inhabitants / Tourists that are on there

Not really as there have only been 2 people murdered here over the 11 years plus I've lived here, if you don't believe me then check out this website https://www.farang-deaths.com/

55 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Do you have actual numbers / statistics to back this up or just based on your feeling? 

PS. I agree there seems to be unusually shady cases there.

8 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...The removal of the body from Koh Tao on the orders of Surat Thani provincial police chief Maj-Gen Apichart Bunsrirot - who has demanded a full investigation - is bound to add fuel to the fires after a series of unexplained deaths and incidents on the notorious island. .."

Another dead person! Bloody hell!

Of course there are going to be questions asked; people drop like flies on the bloody island. I can only say that I am pleased that they are taking the body away for further, hopefully proper, examination. It ought to be Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) from here on out; who the hell will trust Koh Tao cops?

Remember; 

"...Hannah Witheridge and David Miller, Ben Harrington (UK), Nick Pearson (UK), Luke Miller (UK) Christina Annesley (UK), Elise Dallemagne  (Bel), Dimitri Povse (Fra) Silje Mathisen (Nor), Hans peter Suter (Sui) and  Bernd Grotsch (Ger) have all lost their lives in circumstances their friends and family believe are highly suspicious and none of the families, other than the mother of David Miller are at all happy with the police investigations, the family of Valentina Novozhenova (Rus) who went missing never to be seen again are also extremely unhappy.

Thailand REALLY, REALLY needs to have a proper investigation of that bloody place, and until it is complete...

BOYCOTT!!!

Thank you. Dark Tao needs to be avoided like the Bubonic plague. And Sairee Beach again? Is there any doubt that Nomsod the serial killer was involved? Please. The police know exactly who did it, as usual, and he is completely above the law. Any and all laws. 

At least the biggest joke is not involved. That is a relief. 

3 hours ago, hobz said:

Bunch of drunk ppl swimming in dangerous waters alone, what could go wrong.

This could be the case. But how come there are never any witnesses and why do these people suddenly decide to go alone and swim about in the sea when there are no other people around? Who were the last people to see him alive and what time of day?

There reports don`t give all the facts, rotten journalism like a jig saw puzzle with parts missing so we don`t get the full picture.

16 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Dark Tao needs to be avoided like the Bubonic plague.

Hey that's a good idea. Probably work better than all those dire BOYCOTT! warnings on this here website. Put up a bunch of these signs at all the KT Ferry locations:

579384_3123910180137_1336092911_2153359_289409522_n.jpg

This could be the case. But how come there are never any witnesses and why do these people suddenly decide to go alone and swim about in the sea when there are no other people around? Who were the last people to see him alive and what time of day?

There reports don`t give all the facts, rotten journalism like a jig saw puzzle with parts missing so we don`t get the full picture.
Maybe something due to the fact it was ealry hours of the morning?
Most bars are closed at 1ish

And to add this spot where the clothes were found is the opposite end of the beach to the late bars.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

this is the part I find unbelievable.

RIP.

More unbelievable is:

At 1.30 am on Tuesday morning a security guard working for a dive company on Sairee Beach had seen clothes, a phone, a room key, shoes and and some ID left on the beach.

The items were still there at 3am and he alerted the authorities. 

The victim was found later floating by a pontoon twenty meters offshore from O'Chai Bungalows. He was presumed drowned and had been dead for around 12 hours.

so they found him around 2 PM the next day? all the morning nobody noticed a corpse floating 20mt from the shore?

1 hour ago, philinkohtao said:

Not really as there have only been 2 people murdered here over the 11 years plus I've lived here, if you don't believe me then check out this website https://www.farang-deaths.com/

Ermm - poster said "deaths" not "murders". Although some of the deaths could rightly be described as "suspicious", they are not murders until it is actually proved that they have been murdered :cheesy:

Sounds like a panic reaction by the police........ the thing is is HAS to be just another coincidental death.........if it ever turned out to be a series of connected incidents in any way now, imagine how the authorities would look.

Archived