Another dead tourist found floating at Koh Tao: Police fly body out for autopsy in Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, webfact said:

16 hours ago, Nip said:

At what stage do the foreign embassies come together and set aside the implications with regards to upsetting their hosts and trade and think about their citizens and issue a warning regarding travel to the island. . . In the workings of a Thai Police investigation a Safe House is one in which they force confessions the transferring of this unfortunate man's body to the police hospital in Bangkok is ... well we all know why.

As far as the British embassy is concerned it's concerns for it's expats are zero, as far as tourists go that must be into the minus !!

Don't expect them to give warnings on anything.

20 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...The removal of the body from Koh Tao on the orders of Surat Thani provincial police chief Maj-Gen Apichart Bunsrirot - who has demanded a full investigation - is bound to add fuel to the fires after a series of unexplained deaths and incidents on the notorious island. .."

Another dead person! Bloody hell!

Of course there are going to be questions asked; people drop like flies on the bloody island. I can only say that I am pleased that they are taking the body away for further, hopefully proper, examination. It ought to be Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) from here on out; who the hell will trust Koh Tao cops?

Remember; 

"...Hannah Witheridge and David Miller, Ben Harrington (UK), Nick Pearson (UK), Luke Miller (UK) Christina Annesley (UK), Elise Dallemagne  (Bel), Dimitri Povse (Fra) Silje Mathisen (Nor), Hans peter Suter (Sui) and  Bernd Grotsch (Ger) have all lost their lives in circumstances their friends and family believe are highly suspicious and none of the families, other than the mother of David Miller are at all happy with the police investigations, the family of Valentina Novozhenova (Rus) who went missing never to be seen again are also extremely unhappy.

Thailand REALLY, REALLY needs to have a proper investigation of that bloody place, and until it is complete...

BOYCOTT!!!

yes close down the dam thing,why people even bother going there, o i forget plenty of drugs and party over there it is the troubled ones paradise i guess

normal people stay away from there anyway

13 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

As far as the British embassy is concerned it's concerns for it's expats are zero, as far as tourists go that must be into the minus !!

Don't expect them to give warnings on anything.

From the UK Embassy - Bangkok website 'CRIME'

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand/safety-and-security

Violent sexual assaults and unprovoked attacks have been reported in popular tourist destinations, including in the Koh Samui archipelago and Krabi province. These are particularly common during the monthly Full Moon parties and generally occur late at night near bars.

Drink spiking has been reported in tourist destinations around Thailand, with both male and female victims. Be careful about taking drinks from strangers and at clubs and parties, or leaving your drinks unattended, particularly in Koh Tao, Koh Samui, Pattaya and at the Full Moon party on Koh Phangan, where date rapes have been reported.

Alcohol and drugs can lead to you being less alert, less in control and less aware of your environment resulting in accidents, injuries, robbery, assaults and lost travel documents. If you drink, know your limit. Drinks served in bars overseas are often stronger than those in the UK. Some British nationals in Thailand have suffered severe psychiatric problems because of drug use, resulting in some suicides.

1 minute ago, wazzupnow said:

yes close down the dam thing,why people even bother going there, o i forget plenty of drugs and party over there it is the troubled ones paradise i guess

normal people stay away from there anyway

Are you getting your islands mixed up?

1 minute ago, JLCrab said:

leaving your drinks unattended, particularly in Koh Tao, Koh Samui, Pattaya and at the Full Moon party on Koh Phangan, where date rapes have been reported.

Bit of a cheek lumping Pattaya in with those dens of iniquity. I have only had my drink spiked twice in Thailand, once in Pattaya and once in Bangkok. On neither occasion was I raped.

2 hours ago, hobz said:

Could be. Could also be that police there is super incompetent and always try to sweep everything under the rug to protect tourism so it looks like they are protecting killers but actually they are just clumsy and trying to protect image of island.

So let's take an example where they find someone and can't explain what happened. 

Instead of saying "we don't know what happened" they will quickly dismiss it as an accident, because they are lazy, incompetent and they don't want stuff to drag out.

Ofcourse if they are protecting a killer they would do the same.

are you confusing the RTP with Thai Visa users? Everything that happens on KT which is not immediately explainable is declared another gruesome murder on here. 

I really vote for a separate forum for KT so that Samui residents don't have to filter through all the BS that is written here on any KT fatality. 

21 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...The removal of the body from Koh Tao on the orders of Surat Thani provincial police chief Maj-Gen Apichart Bunsrirot - who has demanded a full investigation - is bound to add fuel to the fires after a series of unexplained deaths and incidents on the notorious island. .."

Another dead person! Bloody hell!

Of course there are going to be questions asked; people drop like flies on the bloody island. I can only say that I am pleased that they are taking the body away for further, hopefully proper, examination. It ought to be Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) from here on out; who the hell will trust Koh Tao cops?

Remember; 

"...Hannah Witheridge and David Miller, Ben Harrington (UK), Nick Pearson (UK), Luke Miller (UK) Christina Annesley (UK), Elise Dallemagne  (Bel), Dimitri Povse (Fra) Silje Mathisen (Nor), Hans peter Suter (Sui) and  Bernd Grotsch (Ger) have all lost their lives in circumstances their friends and family believe are highly suspicious and none of the families, other than the mother of David Miller are at all happy with the police investigations, the family of Valentina Novozhenova (Rus) who went missing never to be seen again are also extremely unhappy.

Thailand REALLY, REALLY needs to have a proper investigation of that bloody place, and until it is complete...

BOYCOTT!!!

Ordered to remove the body and send to Bangkok, without any forensic evidence collected, Hmmm sounds like a political cover up for this deadly location. How many more times do people have to die in this hell hole before so-called officials do a proper job in investigating? Obviously, someone is high up in the food chain. 

18 minutes ago, The Teacher said:

Ordered to remove the body and send to Bangkok, without any forensic evidence collected, Hmmm sounds like a political cover up for this deadly location. How many more times do people have to die in this hell hole before so-called officials do a proper job in investigating? Obviously, someone is high up in the food chain. 

Stop being led by tabloid news, its just not teacher like.  How many have died on other islands in the same period?  Haven't a clue, right?

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Bit of a cheek lumping Pattaya in with those dens of iniquity. I have only had my drink spiked twice in Thailand, once in Pattaya and once in Bangkok. On neither occasion was I raped.

wasn't your lucky day obviously ????

15 hours ago, philinkohtao said:

Not really as there have only been 2 people murdered here over the 11 years plus I've lived here, if you don't believe me then check out this website https://www.farang-deaths.com/

Most of the deaths are obvious

allot if diving acccident but then it is a diving island

people in road crashes which happens everywhere people die from sickness happens everywhere 

like this says there have only been 2 murders plus since the foreign suspect have been arrested there have been none 

the UK media are trying to make every death look suspicious to fool the public into believing there is a serial killer on the island

they are doing this to get what I believe to be real serial killers out of jail 

2 hours ago, Lucky mike said:

Like a Thai movie only real ! Scary stuff....

Wouldn't be surprised if there is already a book or movie in the pipeline, it'd perhaps explain why the same stories keep popping up every couple of months, surely there are other stories from the past 4 years for slow news days.

What ever the causes or reasons for any death on this island, the international press are going to be aware.

So the local authorities need to think carefully bout how they handle it and are seen to be handling it.

One has to say that swiftly movingthex body to BKK looks like a very questionable decision as it immediately gives credence of any conspiracy theory or any other theory about what's going on on the island.

13 minutes ago, kwilco said:

One has to say that swiftly movingthex body to BKK looks like a very questionable decision as it immediately gives credence of any conspiracy theory or any other theory about what's going on on the island.

And if they kept the body in SuratThani Province for autopsy courtesy of the local yokels one might then say it looks like a very questionable decision as it immediately gives credence of any conspiracy theory or any other theory about what's going on on the island.

7 hours ago, JLCrab said:

What the SuraThani Provincial police commander  -- not the local Koh Tao police -- said was:

“His death was caused by drowning,” (Maj.Gen.) Apichart said. “We believe it was most likely an accident. At this moment, we have not found any link to criminal actions.”

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2018/10/11/koh-tao-tourists-drowning-ruled-as-accident/

I was talking about previous more suspicious cases in general.

I think this case is not suspicious at all.

5 hours ago, huberthammer said:

are you confusing the RTP with Thai Visa users? Everything that happens on KT which is not immediately explainable is declared another gruesome murder on here. 

I really vote for a separate forum for KT so that Samui residents don't have to filter through all the BS that is written here on any KT fatality. 

Lol, you clearly misunderstand me. Im saying that most likely there is no serial killer there as it all can be explained by shitty police work.

21 hours ago, Mitker said:

My first thought: finally they decided to adopt a serious approach to this endless list of dead bodies found on KT by having the job done "better" in BKK

2nd thought: it looks like they waited until a possibly genuine suicide took place in order to organize a large, publicized show in order to try to whitewash past botched investigations

(if the report of clothes, shoes, ID and phone being found together at the beach - with no obvious signs of foul play - is correct, we may have the first credible suicide case on this island)

I went through the same thought process - but to be fair, the police are in a 'no win' situation at this point.

Damned if they carry out 'investigations' locally, and similarly damned when they finally make a decision to move the body (of a more likely, genuine accident) to Bangkok for the autopsy.

10 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

An open mind on this one but in all the time I spent on Koh Phangan's beaches I don't recall anyone going for a solitary late night swim in the sea.

Skinny dipping in the pool perhaps hehe.....

Let's see where this one goes....someone will know something but this island is still full of kids, drugs and excessive living as befits a bunch of young peeps having fun.

Is there a nutter or group of them operating there....?

We don`t know if the guy went swimming alone or not because the news report only says the guy`s body was found and does not give any other details. I also guarantee there won`t be any updates on this, case closed. 

Also be interested to know the source of this news report that only gives partial details.

I guess we just have to accept there is accidental deaths at Koh Tao to. 

Just read a couple of pages, and some is ranting tha same same without thinking. 

I will just remind you, I said accidental deaths as well, as there is suspecious. 

4 minutes ago, phycokiller said:

I dont see anything coming from this, their protection is coming from the very top

Yes, the water in the ocean falls from the sky. 

I think they should try to arrest the ocean for murder.

21 hours ago, wealthychef said:

Why?  I find Thailand to be full of honest people personally.  Does not at all seem weird to me.  

you didnt consider the other option did you?

if i was going to put my belongings somewhere it be sooner near a bunch of Thais, NOT tourists (a few countries excluded)

52 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

you didnt consider the other option did you?

if i was going to put my belongings somewhere it be sooner near a bunch of Thais, NOT tourists (a few countries excluded)

I did actually but did not mention it.  While there might be a higher chance with tourists, most tourists are also honest.  I'm just not shocked.  I wouldn't advise leaving your stuff on the beach every night, but the fact that this guy's stuff was not stolen in 3 hours is not at all surprising.   I would be willing to bet that would be the case at least 90% of the time.  Just my personal experience.  Sorry if you've had it worse somehow. 

Archived