Video: Young student set upon by older girls at Phayao school

webfact

Video: Young student set upon by older girls at Phayao school

5pm_V.jpg

TNA MCOT broadcast a video that was posted on Facebook that showed senior female pupils attack a younger girl at a school in Phayao. 

The post was made by a person who said they were a relative of the girl.

The older girls punched, kicked and yanked the younger child by the hair after putting lipstick on her. 

She was left in tears. 

It was not known where it occurred exactly but the authorities have been urged to investigate. 

Source: TNA

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-11

Mother demands punishment for students who attacked her autistic daughter

By The Nation

38c19e5b39ae616ac6724137592738be.jpeg

The mother of an autistic Prathom 3 schoolgirl at a Phayao school who was videotaped being bullied and assaulted by Mathayom 2 students has demanded that her daughter's attackers are punished.

599a4bb1c3afdfd6eb2f688fd5526960.jpeg

The mother also said she has been offered compensation not to pursue the case and asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement, which she refused.

A Mathayom 2 student who allegedly videotaped the assault, whose name is withheld due to his age, said on Facebook that he was sorry for the incident and the case has already ended with his group being placed on probation by Ban Dong School in Dok Kham Tai district. 

His comment was in response to strong criticism by Thai social media users who were enraged by a viral two-minute-long video clip of the autistic girl being bullied by senior students. Her hair was violently pulled and she screamed and cried loudly before one of the senior students put her hand over the victim's mouth. 

As the two initial posts by the boy showed no remorse, thousand of people scolded him and friends in the comments section, while many also urged the the school to punish the unrepentant children. 

The video clip was released to public on Wednesday via the Facebook post of the victim's uncle, who vowed to get these bullies punished. The post - which was viewed by some 400,000 people who condemned the bully - was deleted on Thursday. 

On Thursday afternoon the uncle posted that the case was now in the hands of the provincial governor and he was confident they will get justice.

1ef83cc867468fb99c4cb8348797a745.jpeg

Ban Dong School director Nanthapol Fusrikul - who had been called for an urgent meeting with deputy provincial governor Wutthichai Saowakomut and related senior officials on Wednesday about the bullying - said the incident took place on October 5 and the school had investigated. 

The Mathayom 2 students admitted to the teachers probing the case that they "bullied and rough-handled" the girl but did not detain her or intend to seriously assault her.

Nanthapol said that the school talked to the parents of the children involved, who agreed to pay Bt5,000 to the victim's parents to put an end to the incident. 

He said the school also issued warnings to the children involved and placed them on probation as per the Education Ministry's regulation. If they re-offended, they would get their behaviour score cut and face a suspension from class, he added.

However, the victim's mother said she was angry that her daughter was bullied and vowed to press for the bullying children to be punished. 

She said that the school had offered to get each of the eight involved children to pay  Bt500 compensation to the family to end the incident. She said she was asked to sign a document to not pursue the case but she turned down the offer.

The Mathayom 2 students involved in the assault and the victim were given physical and psychological tests at hospital on Thursday morning, Phayao Primary Education Service Office 1 director Pathom Cheuamor said. 

A settlement discussion involving all parents was planned for Thursday at City Hall and later, all the parties would go to the district police station to discuss criminal procedures, Pathom said. 

According to “An Everyday Lesson: #ENDviolence in Schools” report released last month by Unicef, physical fights and bullying are disrupting the education of 150 million 13-15-year-olds worldwide and half of the students in that age group are experiencing peer violence in and around school.

In Thailand, the school-based Student Health Survey conducted by the Department of Health in 2015 found that 29 per cent of students aged 13 to 15 years reported being bullied in the previous month, and 26 per cent were involved in a physical fight at least once in the previous year.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30356245

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-11

I am not usually an advocate of violence but in this case either a pencil to the neck or a gouged eyeball would have been an appropriate response. Sure would have stopped these punks in their tracks. What can one even say? The poor gals life is not hard enough already? Where is the compassion?

The kids of today can be a scary lot. Sometimes I am very grateful I do not have any. 

9 minutes ago, cookieqw said:

never touch the head and never show your feet at thais, but clearly these two live and die by rules are not being followed here

I'm sure that Thais watching the video found that the most disgusting part. Repeated kicks with the soles of their feet on the girl. One of them even pushed the sole of her foot in the poor girls mouth. The ultimate degradation in Thailand and the girls would have known what they were doing.

Unbelievable that they weren't immediately expelled from the school.

Hit them where it hurts.

1. Expulsion from school for 1 month but still require homework and passing of school exams each week after school.

2. 5000฿ fine for each student bully, paid to the victim's family.

3.Each bully must spend one day a week for three months performing the home duties and chores for the victim.

4.Each bully must write a 1000 word essay about why being a bully  is self-degrading and shameful behavior.

This is an educational experience they will remember for many years to come, as will their parents no doubt.

If I had done something like these girls did my parental retribution would have been far worse, as my parents told me early in my life. They told me that whatever price I had to pay to society would at least be doubled at home. I have certainly never forgotten that.

...then they want to talk about foreigners giving Thailand a bad name....???

...this is some of the lowest of the low behavior anywhere on the planet...

...a virtually helpless...innocent victim....

....and savage...overgrown....disgusting animals....passing for people...students no less...

...doing the worst of the worst to anyone in their culture imaginable....

...but to even imagine...let alone....do such acts....

...warrants swift and acute intervention....

...no excuses...no apologies...

...or these monsters will just get worse and worse.....

...and others of their ilk....will be undeterred as well...

...(...but did anything ever come of the student that was locked in a closet...and set on fire...???)...

...never heard anything ever again....

...jeez....

...the mother should not have to demand anything....

....the upholders of Thai society and justice....where are they...???

Bullies are scumbags. No excuses. But to bully an autistic child, or any disabled child, is really low.

They should be severely punished and made to help with disabled children. Might educate them. Autistic children aren't jealous, envious, dishonest, or violent towards others. These scumbags are.

I fail to understand how seemingly all of this stuff that happens in Thailand gets swept under the rug with an apology, a few baht and not a shred of punishment involved.

Well, not all, but you get my meaning. So very few face the reality of the punishment they should be facing for doing something despicable.

these bullying beings are not students, and likely never will be.
at best, they are children attending school,
whereas they should be attending psychiatrical assessment to decide whether they are a potential menace to others and should be locked up.

On 10/12/2018 at 7:59 AM, rodney earl said:

I fail to understand how in a land that is supposed to believe in understanding, compassion and to do good how or why there is soo much hate and cruelty here and when a young 4 year old girl gets mauled and killed by dogs nothing seems to be done.

All that is a sham...a scam...a lie...smoke and mirrors. All lip service and talk, BS and saving face. 

You new here? 

Archived