"Black criminals and over stayers" targeted after prayers in Chanthaburi

webfact

"Black criminals and over stayers" targeted after prayers in Chanthaburi

6pm.jpg

Pictures (2): INN

A large group of black Africans were shocked when Chantaburi immigration turned up after prayers at a religious gathering in the eastern Thai city. 

As 100 worshipers flooded out of a religious center they were confronted by a force of 50 Chantaburi immigration police, tourist police, local cops and military. 

INN said in both its headline and subsequent report that this was an investigation against people of color and specifically black Africans who were doing business in the gem trade. 

6pm1.jpg

The authorities were looking for over stayers and criminals, reported INN. 

The Chanthaburi immigration led by Lt Col Chatwet Pongsak had arrived with a vehicle that was a computer equipped mobile command center to check the African's credentials.

Some tried to flee the scene in their vehicles. 

Some had passports but those that did not were checked out on the spot in the mobile command center. 

All were found to be legally in Thailand and no arrests were reported. 

The INN report made no reference to the faith of those checked out by the police - just that they were all black being investigated for overstaying and illegal entry into Thailand. 

Source: INN

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-11

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, webfact said:

The Chanthaburi immigration led by Lt Col Chatwet Pongsak had arrived with a vehicle that was a computer equipped mobile command center to check the African's credentials.

Are immigration moving into the 21st century? Or were they just on facebook ordering takeaway food?

no one was arrested.. more than 100 people. they all had visa... those people are gems dealers. they are doing legal businesses in Thailand for years. The title of the post doesnt really make sense. Black criminals but at the end they were not.

it's just discrimination of the black, same what they do with farangs, for sure we are next, so don't go to church

What a load of rubbish...U mean because they r black or white, they should not be singled out for visa checks....

The Thai Imm av every right to single out anyone, n any color....they want..in their country....If u av been following lately the blacks av a record which speaks for itself...

Another day another story and as happened yesterday, innocent people were harassed and all found to be legal. I really really hope this crap hits international media because this is the worst kind of human rights violation. To the guy (skills32) who say 'No problem' it is a problem and we will all be targeted one day. Even if you have the visa being taken down to Police Station (Arrested) as they did yesterday will not bode well. It is still in most peoples minds what a large (50 or more) Army and Police arrested 60-70-80 years old playing bridge in Pattaya and took them off down to the cells, photos of some with walking frames trying to get into the back of pickups. <deleted> !

In the late 60's in England many females were targetted by 'muggers' ..[a new word in England]..In ALL reported cases the assailants were described as 'coloured'..The police began stop and search of young blacks that were the children of immigrants.. The left wing screamed racial profiling.and stop and search was ended...Go to England and see the result.

22 minutes ago, smew said:

Get rid off all the criminals no matter where you catch them, no matter what religion no matter what colour their skin. Bravo to the boys on brown !

I have no problem "being targeted" (immigration doing their checks as they are entitled to in their own country. I have my papers in order. I am legal and have nothing to fear. 

Same in China. Since 1992 there and have been going through many "targeted raids" (immigration checks) and had never a problem and I was not bothered with it - even they were having checks in my apartment block for a period of two weeks. They had every right to do so.

I am 100% behind to get the bad apples out of the country as they tarnish the image of those who are there legally.

You should see the raids in Guangzhou what they do at "Chocolate City" where all blacks and middle eastern people live. Nobody calls these "racists". Even if they do they do not care as they try to keep crime in check.

The less there is illegals and criminals the better it is for all of us. At least that is what I believe.

38 minutes ago, generealty said:

Another day another story and as happened yesterday, innocent people were harassed and all found to be legal. I really really hope this crap hits international media because this is the worst kind of human rights violation. To the guy (skills32) who say 'No problem' it is a problem and we will all be targeted one day. Even if you have the visa being taken down to Police Station (Arrested) as they did yesterday will not bode well. It is still in most peoples minds what a large (50 or more) Army and Police arrested 60-70-80 years old playing bridge in Pattaya and took them off down to the cells, photos of some with walking frames trying to get into the back of pickups. <deleted> !

Immigration check is human rights violation? Of course. The horror. I have been abroad from my home country since 1988 (in Asia, incl. Japan) and never had any issues. If I would have, nothing forces me to stay in a country that treats me unfairly.

1 hour ago, BarnicaleBob said:

Racial and religious profiling by immigration, what race or religion will be the next target?

Rubbish comment, they have been targeting ALL kind of farangs for months now, they already captured a bunch of whites living in Thailand illegally, or did you missed those German guys with 19 years overstay? I got them at my house too and I'm not black

We are all guests in The Kingdom. Immigration Police are just following orders from higher up. If YOU are legal, no problem. If YOU are illegal, then you have a big problem. Regarding the men of colour, it does touch on racial profiling. Some bad apples have made a problem for their own kind. 

Black, white, brown, or Tele-Tubby red, yellow, green or purple - if you are non-Thai, then you are a potential criminal as well as a potential over-stayer.  Length of time residing legally and peacefully in Thailand makes no difference.

7 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

Thai's are very racist,more through ignorance than malice though,as they are taught at school they live in the greatest country in the world,Thai people are special and better than all others.

Considering that the Thai word for foreigner is Kon Daang, or literally - "different people" as opposed to Thai people.  Xenophobia is baked right into the culture.

5 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

Thai's are very racist,more through ignorance than malice though,as they are taught at school they live in the greatest country in the world,Thai people are special and better than all others.

Yea its true, My misses thought that from the hype of the government and media, like why else would millions people come to the greatest country in the world except to bask in its glory?  So anywho I took her back to my country,she nearly photographed every house in the street even in our poorest suburbs have nice houses and streets. she now thinks Thailands a sht hole. I said yea but its cheap thats why most people come, I just didnt want to say and the girls haha. 

It’s their country and they have every right to keep it safe and secure.. they can check any one any time and at any where they like.. this really should  go on till they weed out all the unwanted and illegal.. good job... they know where the trouble comes from and they know their job well.. good job 

47 minutes ago, connda said:

Considering that the Thai word for foreigner is Kon Daang, or literally - "different people" as opposed to Thai people.  Xenophobia is baked right into the culture.

I think you will find it is khon tangchart คนต่างชาติ

why do they keep open borders if they have such a pain in their

backs with foreigners ??? close the borders as myanmar and

the troubles will be over !

ps. these dozens of photos of wanted criminals at gas stations

everywhere in thailand it's probably Cambodians ?

To all the people making noise no one said the immigration should not check on people. My problem is with the post itself. Why use the word black criminal and at the end you just contradict yourself. why use the word criminal? I respect the immigration and its ok tp check as we know we have a lot of foreigners overstayin their visas but dont judge people without proof. be professional...

Archived