Video: Thais lay into inappropriate "Coyotes" doing farewell dance at temple funeral

webfact

10 hours ago, keith101 said:

If this was so inappropriate then why weren't they stopped unless of course the family of the deceased had asked for them to do it .

Given assumptions by a "news" report.

Nothing was expanded towards any rhymes and reasons for this situation. 

Perhaps accepted by the parties in question.

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Another comment said that the friend would have gone to heaven - but when Yommaban (the keeper of the Thai underworld) saw this dance he would drag them down to eternal suffering in hell. 

Sadly they can't see the moronic stupidity of their thoughts.

On 10/12/2018 at 11:31 AM, NCC1701A said:

I told my girlfriend she does not need to do these kind of gigs anymore but there she is dancing her heart out. :cheesy: 

You better be sure she at least wears her potent amulets to ward off the clutches of the evil Yommaban!!

On 10/12/2018 at 2:58 PM, Juan B Tong said:

I'm up for dancing at my temple roasting, but I told Mrs. Tong that I would like lots of twerking.

Definitely, the more the better in baggy legged very short shorts..... 

On 10/11/2018 at 10:35 PM, Bluespunk said:

Nonsense. 

Ah, I feel the same, but you know, we could both be wrong.

Agnostic, pronounced 'A gnostic' literary means that we don't know. This definition has been co-opted by religious folks to mean an unbeliever, which a corruption of the term making it unusable now.

I personally believe, especially as I get older (more mature) that despite my 68 years I really don't know s**t about what's going on. The people who claim they do are indulging in extreme and dangerous self-deception IMO.

I'm not disputing you because I just don't know, but I'm sure that my fantasies don't influence reality at all. This is also true of all the 'believers' of course.

"Onward thru the fog" sums it up for me.

On 10/12/2018 at 12:42 AM, marko kok prong said:

Trailer trash.

I'm guessing that you are a forensic psychologist by training.

A lay person would never have been able to make such a pronouncement from the scant information available.

Well done!

6 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Ah, I feel the same, but you know, we could both be wrong.

Agnostic, pronounced 'A gnostic' literary means that we don't know. This definition has been co-opted by religious folks to mean an unbeliever, which a corruption of the term making it unusable now.

I personally believe, especially as I get older (more mature) that despite my 68 years I really don't know s**t about what's going on. The people who claim they do are indulging in extreme and dangerous self-deception IMO.

I'm not disputing you because I just don't know, but I'm sure that my fantasies don't influence reality at all. This is also true of all the 'believers' of course.

"Onward thru the fog" sums it up for me.

I’m an atheist, however my point was more any god wouldn’t drag the dead soul from heaven to hell, because of the actions of others. 

14 hours ago, RocketDog said:

I'm guessing that you are a forensic psychologist by training.

A lay person would never have been able to make such a pronouncement from the scant information available.

Well done!

Indeed i am sir,and once when in shall we say somewhat reduced circumstances,i lived in a trailer,so thanks for the congrats. I think i am on solid ground here.

On 10/12/2018 at 6:48 PM, DJ54 said:

Didn’t see what the Nationality of the deceased was. In North China 

this is common so even with strippers a celebration for the deceased. Also draws more attendees.... seriously 

Same in Taiwan complete with professional wailing mourners and more dancers than you could shake a stick at. Much more fun than the weddings.

Archived