MotoGP in Buriam.

I was thinking of going this year but thought I would wait to see how the event was managed.

I watched it on TV and it was a great race.

If there are any expats living in Buriam, or anyone who went to the race, can you offer any reports on what the city and track and event was like, over the weekend of the race.  Things like queues.  Difficulty with transport to the track. Track facilities. Airport or bus station issues.  Price gouging.  Crime.  Availability of food and beverage in hospitality venues for the masses as I have never been to Buriam.

Can you say what was good and what was not so good about the track, city and facilities?

I know accommodation was pretty full in Buriam for it.

Any information or tips would be appreciated because depending on reports from people who went to the event, or people living in Buriam, I might go next year if it is on the calendar.

To the moderators.  I will make the same post in the North East Thailand section to try to get the views of local expats in Buriam as well as tourists who went to the event so I hope you allow it to run in both places.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Stay in Korat.

Hotel in Korat on Saturday then Sunday trip to the track for the races then return to Korat for the night.

if you go to the Motorcycles in Thailand Forum you will find various threads discussing the same thing. 

On 3/27/2019 at 12:32 PM, soihok said:

Stay in Korat.

Hotel in Korat on Saturday then Sunday trip to the track for the races then return to Korat for the night.

if you go to the Motorcycles in Thailand Forum you will find various threads discussing the same thing. 

As said in the other thread, I have no problem staying in a town other than Buriram and commuting, but once I decide on that, I need to secure transport to Buriram over the weekend. 

I gather there will be public transport, did they go straight to the track? 

Any chance of hiring a car and a  reliable driver? 

Archived