Jump to content
BANGKOK 18 July 2019 14:15
simoh1490

I Lost 7 Kgs

Recommended Posts

This is old news for many but for me it's something new:

 

In recent years of living in Thailand my weight had started to increase, as it did so I adjusted my diet and got as much as exercise as I could. Along with the weight gain my blood sugar and cholesterol also started to increase. Eventually, I hit 87 kgs which is not where I wanted it to be and nothing I did would bring that weight down.

 

Then I spent three months in the UK where it was frequently quite cold, approaching 4 degrees at times, pretty soon my weight started to drop and by the time I returned to Thailand three months later I was 7 kgs lighter - my blood tests before I left the UK showed some of the best results I've seen for years.

 

So was it exercise, life style, diet or temperature that caused all of this? It's true I did exercise more but my diet was without any restrictions whatsoever and I frequently indulged in deserts and foods that I would never consider in Thailand because they were so calorie dense. For me the answer very clearly is the temperature, the body burns fat when it's cold and medical science agrees.

 

People wanting to lose weight should try it, it's very rewarding.,

 

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/scientists-discover-link-between-temperature-and-fat-loss-a6761681.html

 

Edited by simoh1490
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

You are right, temperature mainly caused that. Actually it is your metabolism which is affect by temperature. But during your living in Thailand your metabolism is also affected by some other factors such as more sugar in food (as you mentioned), probably more alcohol and party with buffet (for many, not maybe for you) and the lack of exercise under a high temperature. Once you've been in England you metabolism increased and start to burn the fat.

Now the trick is how to live in Thailand and keep fit 🙂

In my opinion and long experience on the field of weight management, and for living in Thailand for more than 10 years, I can say that once you change country with very different temperature you also have to adjust your diet. Example, if you observe the way traditional Thais people are eating (in the country side) they stay fit because they eat several times per day but in small amount, the they keep a high level of metabolism function. But this is not only about the frequency and the quantity but also about what they eat! Any Thai people who eat the western junk food, and having additionally their traditional very sweet thai dessert will put on weight very fast indeed.

So in short, we also have to change our mind a bit, eating more often but less quantity (having intermittent fasting is very useful) and decrease all our western food such as meat, carbs and pastries, as well as fizzy drinks or any kind of refined sugars products.

PS: I'm not here to advertise my health business, just react to your post and comment my opinion. I'm also here to offer help to those who want to increase health through a better nutrition.

Regards,

Coach

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

welp, i hate freezing and i hate starving too,

to further complicate things i also can not walk more than a few minutes a day, or even stand up, so i resort to DNP,

it sux ass to sweat like that, but it also sux ass to be fat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2018 at 6:42 PM, poanoi said:

welp, i hate freezing and i hate starving too,

to further complicate things i also can not walk more than a few minutes a day, or even stand up, so i resort to DNP,

it sux ass to sweat like that, but it also sux ass to be fat

you use dnp in thailand?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is great. Thanks for sharing your success story on weight loss. Eating less and exercising on a daily basis is really a must in order to achieve a healthy body.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This is great. Thanks for sharing your success story on weight loss. Eating less and exercising on a daily basis is really a must in order to achieve a healthy body.
Not true you don't need to eat less,. Calorie restrictions leaving you hungry are bound to fail long term.

Exercise is great for health but if you are eating the wrong foods it won't help much in losing weight.
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, madmen said:

Not true you don't need to eat less,. Calorie restrictions leaving you hungry are bound to fail long term.

Exercise is great for health but if you are eating the wrong foods it won't help much in losing weight.

You still don't have a clue about diet, its always about burning more then you consume. Thus eating less be it with keto or otherwise. Keto does not magically change the laws of nature. I wish you and other keto fanatics would learn some basic science.

 

You only lose weight if you eat less then what you burn. No need to be hungry when you restrict calories keto does it and your not hungry other diets do too. It also depends on the deficit.

 

Exercise always helps and works in synergy with diet. Exercise might not help burn many calories but it does help with insulin and it helps with body re-composition. 

 

Once processed foods are gone it does not matter much if you go keto or an other diet as long as you stick to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with Rob on this. I am also in the process of downsizing. A buddy got me on to keto and I had some good initial results. About 7 kg. My keto method was: doing my best to eliminate carbs, but if not possible, at least not going over 35 g per day. I was also consuming lots of oils, and extra veggies. But because it was keto, I did not concern myself with calories. I ate largish meals loaded with fats.

But after I lost 7 kg, I hit a wall, and actually started to gain some weight back. despite being hardcore keto. Frustrated, I decided to start limiting portions and the weight began to come off again. I also noticed that as long as I kept the portions down, it no longer mattered so much if I was strict on the keto. I lost weight even when I was cheating with the carbs. I have lost another 10 kg since this change.

My diet now is: Eat whatever I want, especially the stuff I like. But keep the serving down to about half a cereal bowl sized portion (3 meals a day but breakfast is often even smaller). Also I still do what I can to avoid carbs, but I cheat frequently.

If you are worried about being hungry, ten minutes after you eat you will see the hunger usually goes away. Especially if you drink lots of water. If you remain hungry, eat a keto friendly snack. Hunger is not going to kill you anyway and it's good for your body to go through fasts. I am rarely hungry on this diet.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if it was my diet but I lost 20 pounds a short while ago.  Must have lost it in the street  😁

 

Sorry, couldn't resist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

I'm with Rob on this. I am also in the process of downsizing. A buddy got me on to keto and I had some good initial results. About 7 kg. My keto method was: doing my best to eliminate carbs, but if not possible, at least not going over 35 g per day. I was also consuming lots of oils, and extra veggies. But because it was keto, I did not concern myself with calories. I ate largish meals loaded with fats.

But after I lost 7 kg, I hit a wall, and actually started to gain some weight back. despite being hardcore keto. Frustrated, I decided to start limiting portions and the weight began to come off again. I also noticed that as long as I kept the portions down, it no longer mattered so much if I was strict on the keto. I lost weight even when I was cheating with the carbs. I have lost another 10 kg since this change.

My diet now is: Eat whatever I want, especially the stuff I like. But keep the serving down to about half a cereal bowl sized portion (3 meals a day but breakfast is often even smaller). Also I still do what I can to avoid carbs, but I cheat frequently.

If you are worried about being hungry, ten minutes after you eat you will see the hunger usually goes away. Especially if you drink lots of water. If you remain hungry, eat a keto friendly snack. Hunger is not going to kill you anyway and it's good for your body to go through fasts. I am rarely hungry on this diet.

yes, the hardest part is getting used to starvation diet,

but after a week or two the raging hunger dies off

to a very large extent.

the remaining issue is that for some reason, i still want to stuff my face with anything every now and then.

i cancelled woman so breast is out, but a couple of slices

of salami with a few slices of boiled egg does the trick.

i can not have anything else in the fridge or else i just eat, and eat, and eat

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, brokenbone said:

yes, the hardest part is getting used to starvation diet,

but after a week or two the raging hunger dies off

to a very large extent.

the remaining issue is that for some reason, i still want to stuff my face with anything every now and then.

i cancelled woman so breast is out, but a couple of slices

of salami with a few slices of boiled egg does the trick.

i can not have anything else in the fridge or else i just eat, and eat, and eat

 You know, male chickens have breasts too.

But good suggestions. Eggs are very useful as a snack. only 100 calories and zero carbs. Sausages are great too.  I keep little bags of peanuts around. Works for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I'm with Rob on this. I am also in the process of downsizing. A buddy got me on to keto and I had some good initial results. About 7 kg. My keto method was: doing my best to eliminate carbs, but if not possible, at least not going over 35 g per day. I was also consuming lots of oils, and extra veggies. But because it was keto, I did not concern myself with calories. I ate largish meals loaded with fats.

But after I lost 7 kg, I hit a wall, and actually started to gain some weight back. despite being hardcore keto. Frustrated, I decided to start limiting portions and the weight began to come off again. I also noticed that as long as I kept the portions down, it no longer mattered so much if I was strict on the keto. I lost weight even when I was cheating with the carbs. I have lost another 10 kg since this change.

My diet now is: Eat whatever I want, especially the stuff I like. But keep the serving down to about half a cereal bowl sized portion (3 meals a day but breakfast is often even smaller). Also I still do what I can to avoid carbs, but I cheat frequently.

If you are worried about being hungry, ten minutes after you eat you will see the hunger usually goes away. Especially if you drink lots of water. If you remain hungry, eat a keto friendly snack. Hunger is not going to kill you anyway and it's good for your body to go through fasts. I am rarely hungry on this diet.

Thing is people believe that keto is not about calories but it is just like any other diet you just don't notice it. However at a point you get stuck like you did and then you need to eat even less. So that just proves its also based on how much you eat.

 

So you lost 17 kg already.. (or im reading it wrong)  or a bit less as you gained some back. Whatever its a great loss and well done. Just need to keep it off later. I know you used to train too that can help you keep it off. Normally I don't gain my weight back but sometimes life has a way of messing things up (sleep problems stress ect) and you fall of the wagon. But my normal routine of eating and training works. Just have to stick too it. 

 

When i try to lose weight I am sometimes hungry other times not. Depends a bit on how much I eat. Anyway well done and keep going till you get where you want to be. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You still don't have a clue about diet, its always about burning more then you consume. Thus eating less be it with keto or otherwise. Keto does not magically change the laws of nature. I wish you and other keto fanatics would learn some basic science.
 
You only lose weight if you eat less then what you burn. No need to be hungry when you restrict calories keto does it and your not hungry other diets do too. It also depends on the deficit.
 
Exercise always helps and works in synergy with diet. Exercise might not help burn many calories but it does help with insulin and it helps with body re-composition. 
 
Once processed foods are gone it does not matter much if you go keto or an other diet as long as you stick to it.
Nonsense. Educate yourself on ketosis and then try again

Lost 20 kg on it by eating MORE than I did with high carb based diets

Untill you understand the science of ketosis you will just sound silly.. Sorry
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, madmen said:

Nonsense. Educate yourself on ketosis and then try again

Lost 20 kg on it by eating MORE than I did with high carb based diets

Untill you understand the science of ketosis you will just sound silly.. Sorry

Your the only one who is silly, but maybe one day you will see the light. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, robblok said:

Thing is people believe that keto is not about calories but it is just like any other diet you just don't notice it. However at a point you get stuck like you did and then you need to eat even less. So that just proves its also based on how much you eat.

 

So you lost 17 kg already.. (or im reading it wrong)  or a bit less as you gained some back. Whatever its a great loss and well done. Just need to keep it off later. I know you used to train too that can help you keep it off. Normally I don't gain my weight back but sometimes life has a way of messing things up (sleep problems stress ect) and you fall of the wagon. But my normal routine of eating and training works. Just have to stick too it. 

 

When i try to lose weight I am sometimes hungry other times not. Depends a bit on how much I eat. Anyway well done and keep going till you get where you want to be. 

 Yes I did train, I'm impressed you remember that from about ten years ago. I was using weights to assist with weight loss. I did pretty good back then, but it slowly crept back and I got fed up (pun) and I decided to do something about it. I like the way I have the diet worked out now. I enjoy my food, but I eat less. I am satisfied because now I am used to the smaller meals. I think because this is more of a lifestyle change, than a change of what I eat, I will be able to stick to it. I think I need less food than I used to and I needed to stop eating like I was a teenager.

I hope to get back to lifting too, but no time at the present to setup a weight room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...