BANGKOK 18 July 2019 15:45
simoh1490

I Lost 7 Kgs

12 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Yes I did train, I'm impressed you remember that from about ten years ago. I was using weights to assist with weight loss. I did pretty good back then, but it slowly crept back and I got fed up (pun) and I decided to do something about it. I like the way I have the diet worked out now. I enjoy my food, but I eat less. I am satisfied because now I am used to the smaller meals. I think because this is more of a lifestyle change, than a change of what I eat, I will be able to stick to it. I think I need less food than I used to and I needed to stop eating like I was a teenager.

I hope to get back to lifting too, but no time at the present to setup a weight room.

Yes i remember it i remember people who train as i like it. Currently its much easier to setup a weight room with lazada and all. I am upgraded mine a few times still using it. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/6/2019 at 11:26 PM, madmen said:

Nonsense. Educate yourself on ketosis and then try again

Lost 20 kg on it by eating MORE than I did with high carb based diets

Untill you understand the science of ketosis you will just sound silly.. Sorry

You may have THOUGHT you ate more & you MAY have eaten more food, however you WILL have consumed LESS calories and/or increased your caloric usage. 

Edited by eezergood
mistake

to answer the OPs question, it's not the cold necessarily, its the increase in metabolic rate that may have helped.  I am the reverse to you, hot weather seems to increase my MR and I lose weight as a consequence. As to calorific intake, it's not so simple as to say it's calories in versus calories used. It's how the body converts food to energy and if it stores the reserve as fat or, in the case of protein, ejects it as waste. A high protein based diet with a radically low carb intake will lose the weight rapidly, even though the calorie intake is higher than the books suggest for a man/woman.  Dr Atkins knew this when he first introduced his successful diet plan.  I find that 4 months on this type of diet, followed by 18 months of normal eating, keeps my weight steady. I also find that the killer is sugar, in all its processed forms, so alcohol is pretty much out for me. 

Since the move from the hot season to the rainy season I have seen my weight increase by nearly 2kgs. I have not increased my food intake and, if anything, I have increased the amount of time I spend on working out (mostly cardio on a rowing machine).  I just can't understand the increase in weight. Does my body retain more water in cooler weather? It is about the only reason I can think of for my weight gain. 

12 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Since the move from the hot season to the rainy season I have seen my weight increase by nearly 2kgs. I have not increased my food intake and, if anything, I have increased the amount of time I spend on working out (mostly cardio on a rowing machine).  I just can't understand the increase in weight. Does my body retain more water in cooler weather? It is about the only reason I can think of for my weight gain. 

Yes it could be water retention. I have no clue otherwise if you say you did not eat more and you did exercise more there is only one other option.. you gained muscle.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GarryP said:

It could be that increased cardio has built more muscle tissue  - which weighs more than fat. 2KGs gain/or loss is neither here nor there.

• Like 1

It has been scientifically proven that any weight loss program succeeds, but will ultimately fail - including Keto, IF Ketosis is not activated during the regime.

The rationale, since humans evolved is that the body will prevent a person from dying from lack of nourishment. How the body does this, is to lower the metabolic rate to compensate - and therefore a dieter has to consume less calories to remain at that weight. If the same food intake is taken the dieter will gain back the loss. That has been scientifically proven - unless the dieter has altered his/her lifestyle. That could mean eating a lot healthier, and possibly by restricting the 'eating window' to permit Ketosis to be activated during the non-eating window. 

A simple effective window would be no more than 18-6, and even better at 20-4. During the 'eating window' the OMAD (One Meal A Day) approach could work well. 

The most efficient way to induce Ketosis is Intermittent Fasting  - and once the body adjusts to that regime the metabolic rate remains at a constant (or even increased) level while ketosis consumes fat, and thus ensuring continual weight loss which will not be regained - as it has been considered that the body has adjusted to the new weight - I understand this has not been scientifically 'proven' to date, but nevertheless it is a correlation, if not a causation. 

• Like 1

Great result! I'm on a diet now and try to go to the gym at least 3-4 times a week. But it's only -3 kg by now

22 hours ago, stephenterry said:

It has been scientifically proven that any weight loss program succeeds, but will ultimately fail - including Keto, IF Ketosis is not activated during the regime.

The rationale, since humans evolved is that the body will prevent a person from dying from lack of nourishment. How the body does this, is to lower the metabolic rate to compensate - and therefore a dieter has to consume less calories to remain at that weight. If the same food intake is taken the dieter will gain back the loss. That has been scientifically proven - unless the dieter has altered his/her lifestyle. That could mean eating a lot healthier, and possibly by restricting the 'eating window' to permit Ketosis to be activated during the non-eating window. 

A simple effective window would be no more than 18-6, and even better at 20-4. During the 'eating window' the OMAD (One Meal A Day) approach could work well. 

The most efficient way to induce Ketosis is Intermittent Fasting  - and once the body adjusts to that regime the metabolic rate remains at a constant (or even increased) level while ketosis consumes fat, and thus ensuring continual weight loss which will not be regained - as it has been considered that the body has adjusted to the new weight - I understand this has not been scientifically 'proven' to date, but nevertheless it is a correlation, if not a causation. 

The most efficient way to induce Ketosis is to limit carbs. If you do intermittent fasting but load up with carbs during the eating period, you will never get there. Low carb, plus IF does the job!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FracturedRabbit said:

The most efficient way to induce Ketosis is to limit carbs. If you do intermittent fasting but load up with carbs during the eating period, you will never get there. Low carb, plus IF does the job!

The ONLY way is to limit carbs - aside from using exogenous ketones