121 arrested in Thonburi for illegally modified motorcycles

rooster59

121 arrested in Thonburi for illegally modified motorcycles

By The Nation

Police arrested 121 adults and teenagers on Thonburi roads on Friday night after their motorcycles were found to be illegally modified for road racing.

In a press conference at 2am on Saturday, Pol Maj Gen Kampanart Sophanoden, commander of the Metropolitan Police Division 9, said police set up road checkpoints on Thonburi roads on Friday night until the early hours of Saturday to prevent road racing and stopped motorcycles that were illegally modified.

He said 85 motorcycles were seized and 53 adults and 68 people under the age of 18 were arrested.

One of those arrested tested positive for drug use and 302 methamphetamine pills and 18.4 grams of crystal meth were found on him.

Police also checked 95 motorcycle repair shops in Thonburi on Friday and charged 13 shops and seized 51 exhaust pipes that would make a noise over the legal limit.

Kampanart added that police also arrested a Facebook page admin for using the page to organise road racing. He was identified as Paisit Sri-ubon, 27, the 78th Facebook page admin who has been arrested.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30356371

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-13

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Kampanart added that police also arrested a Facebook page admin for using the page to organise road racing. He was identified as Paisit Sri-ubon, 27, the 78th Facebook page admin who has been arrested. 

they don't catch on very fast do they?

36 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

If just traffic police do their jobs everyday and stop this noise motorcycles it will be better but I never see them working 

here in jomtien they are everywhere beach road, 2 road racing but what police do 

NOTHING 

What time is that...I never see them

If just traffic police do their jobs everyday and stop this noise motorcycles it will be better but I never see them working 
here in jomtien they are everywhere beach road, 2 road racing but what police do 
NOTHING 
Where? Never seen or even heard of it

Should guy with too loud motorcycles be punished? Yes.

Should corrupt police, military, politicians, administration, and and and be punished? Yes.

What should be the higher priority?

It seems lots of people in lots of forums love the idea that the police is doing something at least against some people.

I read often enough these racers should be severely punished - the death penalty is mentioned from time to time.

Why do many of those people like to concentrate on the teenage racers? Are they the biggest problem in Thailand? Are they even anywhere near the top of the problem list in Thailand? I don't think so. But it seems these mostly poor guys are perfect for the corrupt police to show they do their job (at least one day per month).

20 minutes ago, blackhorse said:
1 hour ago, Henrik Andersen said:
NOTHING 

Where? Never seen or even heard of it

Same answer to your as baansgr. 

You even blind or deaf..... 

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Should guy with too loud motorcycles be punished? Yes.

Should corrupt police, military, politicians, administration, and and and be punished? Yes.

What should be the higher priority?

It seems lots of people in lots of forums love the idea that the police is doing something at least against some people.

I read often enough these racers should be severely punished - the death penalty is mentioned from time to time.

Why do many of those people like to concentrate on the teenage racers? Are they the biggest problem in Thailand? Are they even anywhere near the top of the problem list in Thailand? I don't think so. But it seems these mostly poor guys are perfect for the corrupt police to show they do their job (at least one day per month).

You ask are this a top of the list 

My answer and I can assure you meny other Thai people same opinion 

Yes it is a big problem just look of the dead toll, accidents, etc 

This will just continue to be bigger and bigger problems for Thailand 

Just now, Henrik Andersen said:

You ask are this a top of the list 

My answer and I can assure you meny other Thai people same opinion 

Yes it is a big problem just look of the dead toll, accidents, etc 

This will just continue to be bigger and bigger problems for Thailand 

Imagine the police would do their job and imagine they would be honest.

They would enforce all traffic laws all the time.

They would fine everybody who ignores red lights and everybody who ignores zebra crossings.

They would make sure people don't drive while they play with their mobile phone.

The would arrest drunk drivers - including the rich and powerful.

This list could go on and on.

So what is the bigger problem? A few racers or the totally corrupt police?

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Imagine the police would do their job and imagine they would be honest.

They would enforce all traffic laws all the time.

They would fine everybody who ignores red lights and everybody who ignores zebra crossings.

They would make sure people don't drive while they play with their mobile phone.

The would arrest drunk drivers - including the rich and powerful.

This list could go on and on.

So what is the bigger problem? A few racers or the totally corrupt police?

A few racers??? 

There are ten's of thousands 

police just want money from the poor. Too pathetic to do anything else.

All these people that complain probably have their dogs running up and down the soi poopn everywhere.

I just started building my own motocross track. completely rebuilt a secondhand kx450. A heap of effort and people have already complained about the noise but the bike has only just been started and ran for 10min only.

I was told my big road bikes are too loud. I might ride them once a month at most nowadays. People just looovvveee complaining but dont dare complain about a temple bell!

<deleted> up <deleted>ree...

9 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

police just want money from the poor. Too pathetic to do anything else.

All these people that complain probably have their dogs running up and down the soi poopn everywhere.

I just started building my own motocross track. completely rebuilt a secondhand kx450. A heap of effort and people have already complained about the noise but the bike has only just been started and ran for 10min only.

I was told my big road bikes are too loud. I might ride them once a month at most nowadays. People just looovvveee complaining but dont dare complain about a temple bell!

fkd up kuntree...

This should give you an idea about the noise level. When your motocross track is finnished, please have someone timing your lap times with and without a silencer and report the difference here.

Thai logic is being applied and has not changed in the 20 years I have lived in Bangkok.

Police - remove bikes, accept "small fine" do nothing else except give a warning with no further repercussions applied or mentioned.

Riders (passengers and parents included) - pay fine, give a wai, say sorry, and go on their way without any thought of changing.    (Even the so-called attitude/education lessons are of no use to these people.)

Consequences, the police still make plenty of pocket money as they neither do not nor cannot enforce the laws they are supposed to uphold.  No change of riders attitude and the parents are still oblivious to what their children are doing, riders have motorcycle returned after fine paid and warning given.  Both sides are happy as equally each side continues merrily and obliviously on its way and neither side is concerned about the stress, annoyance, and discontentment or those suffering from noise excessive factors, injuries or the dead created through their actions, that they leave behind.

'nuf sed

32 minutes ago, wotsdermatter said:

Thai logic is being applied and has not changed in the 20 years I have lived in Bangkok.

Police - remove bikes, accept "small fine" do nothing else except give a warning with no further repercussions applied or mentioned.

Riders (passengers and parents included) - pay fine, give a wai, say sorry, and go on their way without any thought of changing.    (Even the so-called attitude/education lessons are of no use to these people.)

Consequences, the police still make plenty of pocket money as they neither do not nor cannot enforce the laws they are supposed to uphold.  No change of riders attitude and the parents are still oblivious to what their children are doing, riders have motorcycle returned after fine paid and warning given.  Both sides are happy as equally each side continues merrily and obliviously on its way and neither side is concerned about the stress, annoyance, and discontentment or those suffering from noise excessive factors, injuries or the dead created through their actions, that they leave behind.

'nuf sed

It's called 'not to lose face'.

Archived