BANGKOK
rooster59

Yet more confusion over the removal of Income Certification Letter for British expats

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

My take on it would be that he wouldn't be criticising the Thai government by complaining that one of their IO's isn't following the regulations stipulated by the government, he would be helping them. Having said that I wouldn't do it because in all likelihood nothing would come of your complaint but now you have one p1ssed off IO who wants your scalp.

Unwise to piss them off. A lot they can do to piss you off.

I collected my passport today with visa extension valid for 13 months. Jut smiled sweetly, "Korb khun krap" and was very careful not to mention the war (with the embassies).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

My take on it would be that he wouldn't be criticising the Thai government by complaining that one of their IO's isn't following the regulations stipulated by the government, he would be helping them. Having said that I wouldn't do it because in all likelihood nothing would come of your complaint but now you have one p1ssed off IO who wants your scalp.

Actually the IO that I was referring to is no longer there, and rumours abound as to the reason, but I'm not about to add to them on here! And you are probably right in saying that nothing would come of your complaint - it might be different if there were a few dozen!

Hello all,

This issue of Embassy Certification Letters is now a year old and I wonder has anyone been able to get such a letter or even a retirement visa extension since then?

I'm about to apply without said letter at Nakhonratchasima.

What are my chances?

20 minutes ago, thongplay said:

Hello all,

This issue of Embassy Certification Letters is now a year old and I wonder has anyone been able to get such a letter or even a retirement visa extension since then?

What are my chances?

Got mine in December and renewed in March. Maximum date of 6 months ahead of renewal so you are too late now. (Assuming you are from one of the Countries whom have now stopped issuing).

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, thongplay said:

Hello all,

What are my chances?

There are many people who have got their extension since the withdrawal of the UK embassy letter.

Now you have to show proof of income into a Thai bank.  There are literally hundreds of posts on here with details and experiences.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, thongplay said:

Hello all,

What are my chances?

15 minutes ago, HHTel said:

There are many people who have got their extension since the withdrawal of the UK embassy letter.

Now you have to show proof of income into a Thai bank.  There are literally hundreds of posts on here with details and experiences.

@HHTel is quite correct there have been plenty of successful renewals, both married and retirement.

And as a testimonial of that, I'm one of them. I used the income method in support of my married application and received the approval just last week.

What are your chances @thongplay? They're as good as the income evidence that you present.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, thongplay said:

Hello all,

What are my chances?

Unless you have been keeping 800k in a Thai bank account or have been regularly transfering 65k from abroad into your Thai bank account, I am afraid you have no chance. Best of luck

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

@HHTel is quite correct there have been plenty of successful renewals, both married and retirement.

And as a testimonial of that, I'm one of them. I used the income method in support of my married application and received the approval just last week.

What are your chances @thongplay? They're as good as the income evidence that you present.

I converted my retirement extension to a married extension on income only and I had to supply piles of paperwork in duplicate up here in Khampaeng Phet. one set for KPP and a second set for CM.

She threw about 60% of it away and that left about 25 documents doubled.

I printed out 2 copies from my Garmin map which gave details of distances, turns, villages etc which she tossed out in favour of a hand drawn map from my wife, using of course their paperwork written in Thai. She did the same for the photos which had some Thai writing on it.

Next year will be easier as I have done the hard work now.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Sounds like a fairly typical experience. 🙂 

During the days of the embassy income letter, my proof of income was 1 sheet of paper. When I presented the 'post letter era' version it morphed into 37 sheets!

Like you say, we've done the hard work now and I have figured out how to reduce it to around 20 sheets for next year and make it simpler for them to understand. But if they continue to insist on 'month by month' I can't get it any less than that.

Yes, we had the same experience as you regarding the map. My well presented Google maps were rejected in favour of my wife's crappy hand drawn version and the IO got lost deep in rural Issan!

Hey Ho. Their country, their rules. What the heck!

The IO team, 4 of them came 3 days after I did the extension and didn't get lost. It would have been difficult to do so.

Out of the office,straight round the roundabout, over the bridge and take the route 1 southbound. 5 km down the road do a U turn at Kong MeLai to the route 1117 and stay on that for 51.7 Km and we are on the right.

The IO team, 4 of them came 3 days after I did the extension and didn't get lost. It would have been difficult to do so.

Out of the office,straight round the roundabout, over the bridge and take the route 1 southbound. 5 km down the road do a U turn at Kong MeLai to the route 1117 and stay on that for 51.7 Km and we are on the right.

I would have gotten lost at the first turn. Left or right out of the office? Just joking

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Haha 1

On 10/15/2019 at 2:04 PM, HHTel said:

I got my extension at Pattaya IO using only the income received into my American bank account. It cost me

14 thousand baht. It CAN be done, but be prepared to pass a brown envelope.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

I got my extension at Pattaya IO using only the income received into my American bank account. It cost me

14 thousand baht. It CAN be done, but be prepared to pass a brown envelope.

Room 7, I presume.

3 minutes ago, champers said:

Room 7, I presume.

No, Overstay Desk, though I had not overstayed. Told to pick up my passport in three days. A different officer was at the desk when I came in, but my passport was among a stack of them on the desk. Took about five minutes from the time I walked in the door.