Two Cameroon men arrested in Surat Thani for overstaying visa by three years

Jonathan Fairfield

Two Cameroon men arrested in Surat Thani for overstaying visa by three years

By The Nation

n1.png

Image: Mgr Online

Two Cameroon men have been arrested in Surat Thani's Phra Saeng district for overstaying their visa by three years to teach English at a remote school.

Pol Col Wanchana Bowornboon, Surat Thani immigration chief, said the two men were arrested at a school in Moo 8 village in Tambon Sinpoon. One is 31 years old and another 45 years old.

Wanchana said immigration officers will check foreigners in line with a policy of Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan who wanted to crack down on foreigners who live illegally in the kingdom.

The two will face charges and deportation, Wanchana added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30356378

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-13

I see the guys still have their smartphones. Is this standard practice?

We do need to see some action taken against the employers who often just want to save money by not getting work permits. This smacks of the same immigration thing where the owner of the property is supposed to notify immigration if you stay there, but you get fined if they don't. Why not fine the people who were supposed to report your stay?

4 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

I see the guys still have their smartphones. Is this standard practice?

We do need to see some action taken against the employers who often just want to save money by not getting work permits. This smacks of the same immigration thing where the owner of the property is supposed to notify immigration if you stay there, but you get fined if they don't. Why not fine the people who were supposed to report your stay?

You seem to have lots of good ideas about how to run somebody else's country, have you considered taking Thai nationality and becoming Chief of Immigration?

It's sad the children of this school has probably lost all hope of any sort of education.at least these two were working and not being pimps,dealers or scammers around nana.some African people are very clever believe it or not.they say a foreigner can't take a Thai persons job but if it was my children I would rather nat king cole and his mate in the picture taught my kids than 99% of any Thai teachers.its a shame they couldn't go down the right path to get a job here but that's thailand for you.as with most things in life a little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing including education.my betting they've got their sights on good old Europe for their next stop.the land of milk n honey where the streets are paved with gold.

On 10/14/2018 at 4:05 PM, happy chappie said:

at least these two were working and not being pimps,dealers or scammers

And how do you know that?Being a teacher could just be a cover,maybe that is why they keep their faces covered.I could be wrong but we are both assuming something we can not prove.

5 hours ago, jvs said:

And how do you know that?Being a teacher could just be a cover,maybe that is why they keep their faces covered.I could be wrong but we are both assuming something we can not prove.

Sorry but I think if they were pimps,dealers or scammers the last thing they would be doing is getting up early each day to teach for a pittance of salary.your thinking too much.

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:05 AM, happy chappie said:

It's sad the children of this school has probably lost all hope of any sort of education.at least these two were working and not being pimps,dealers or scammers around nana.some African people are very clever believe it or not.they say a foreigner can't take a Thai persons job but if it was my children I would rather nat king cole and his mate in the picture taught my kids than 99% of any Thai teachers.its a shame they couldn't go down the right path to get a job here but that's thailand for you.as with most things in life a little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing including education.my betting they've got their sights on good old Europe for their next stop.the land of milk n honey where the streets are paved with gold.

Yeah, there seems to be a reasonable chance these folks were working and doing some good.  Too bad the Thais just don't have a good workable teaching system where so many foreigners could help and do some good.  And of course too bad there are so many foreigners that in many cases take advantage of the system which then results on hard crackdowns and hurts the good working people

Archived