Hua Hin Immigration

fullcave

Do not get excited.
First of all, hello.

And yes ! where ??? blueport or between 35 and 19, the office that has to move for 1 year. ???
Personally, as in one or the other office, the reception has always been pleasant.
But, it is quite possible that, from time to time, there are employees who have a character of dog (thai).

15 hours ago, blankagain said:

Specificity?  maybe you need to re read the OP's thread starter. It specifically states what office and which officer. Tut tut.

No, it doesn't say which office. Are we talking BlúPort or the 19 Rai office? Also, neither place has windows, they just have desks. Also no specifics about what exact form this alleged rudeness took.

As to whether this is normal in Hua Hin, I would say definitely not. I have found everybody I've ever dealt with to be unfailingly pleasant and helpful in both locations.

• 2 weeks later...

In fourteen years of dealing with the various Immigration offices servicing Prachuap Khirikhan and the Hua Hin locations I have only once had rude service.

On the subject, does the Blu Port office handle Retirement Extensions or is it only the Main Office?

• 1 month later...

Good evening,
for a tourist visa extension, you have the choice between the immigration of Cha Am, THAYANG, 20 km north of Cha Am, office KM 170, next to SIAM COMMERCIAL, HUA HIN, BLUEPORT, shopping center , very pretty right now, or at number 19, immigration.

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Does the Bluport Immigration Office issue letters confirming the applicants address? Typically for Driving Permit renewal.

No Peter, you have to go to main office at 19 Rai. 500 Baht per letter, you need one each for car and motorbike.

• 1 month later...

I, for one, had a delightful experience this week at BluPort.  Two girls at the front passing out numbers, they spoke good English & gave me basic advice on what I needed to do for my extension.  They gave me a form to write down my local address & number, and before I was done, my number was called. The male IO was very polite even though (regrettably) I hadn't shaved that morning or dressed nice.  A quick & efficient process, I was in-and-out in less than 15 minutes.  This was just before closing time. 

I am scheduled to do my first 90 day report in Hua Hin in just over two weeks but I need to go to Bangkok on Friday and then to Udon for three weeks so need to report before I travel, I understand that Hua Hin doesn't facilitate online reporting so does anybody know how long I can do it in advance here please?

Ideally I'd like to go tomorrow, which is 9 days before my scheduled reporting date, in Bangkok I think you can do it 15 days in advance, but I'm not sure here.

Is there a quieter period there, I walked passed there yesterday afternoon and they were queuing outside of the door.

Thanks 

Hello,

Personally, I go to BLUPORT,
the morning at the opening, so 10H, because it's near my home,
  and it goes very fast.
I have already pointed my 90 J ten days before,
knowing that it can be done 15 days before and 7 days after.
But I do not wait for the last moment to make an extension or 90 days.
We never know, we can have an unforeseen.

1 hour ago, thonglorjimmy said:

I am scheduled to do my first 90 day report in Hua Hin in just over two weeks but I need to go to Bangkok on Friday and then to Udon for three weeks so need to report before I travel, I understand that Hua Hin doesn't facilitate online reporting so does anybody know how long I can do it in advance here please?

Ideally I'd like to go tomorrow, which is 9 days before my scheduled reporting date, in Bangkok I think you can do it 15 days in advance, but I'm not sure here.

Is there a quieter period there, I walked passed there yesterday afternoon and they were queuing outside of the door.

Thanks 

Been doing online reporting for about 2 years or more apart from a brief spell where there was an IT issue! As long as you fit the criteria and file within the correct dates, I think at least 7 days before due date but no more than 14 days before, it takes less than 5 minutes.

23 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Been doing online reporting for about 2 years or more apart from a brief spell where there was an IT issue! As long as you fit the criteria and file within the correct dates, I think at least 7 days before due date but no more than 14 days before, it takes less than 5 minutes.

In Hua Hin?

2 hours ago, thonglorjimmy said:

Which office are we talking about - BlúPort? If so, I've been doing 90 day reports there for more than a year and I've almost never seen a queue. There was one time I went during the lunch hour (12-1) and when I came back just before one, there were a couple of people waiting for them to reopen. I went for a stroll around a couple of shops and when I came back 15 mins later, the office was empty. So I would avoid going close to 1 pm (and maybe there's a similar thing when they open at 10) but other than that, it's usually very quiet.

Oh my word! Someone was having a bad day and was rude to you? Call the Police. 

Seriously, rude service is a part of life in any part of the world. People get offended over the smallest things. 

I did my 90 report yesterday afternoon, in and out in well under 10 minutes.

The lady that processed the report noted that my extension of stay expires next month, she actually called it my visa but I thought it better not to pick her up on that ????, she asked if I was going to extend on the cash in the bank method, I told her I'm using the income letter from the British Embassy which I obtained in December and should still be vaild, I did wonder if she was just being helpful, inquisitive or she was lining me up for a referral to an agent, but maybe I was overthinking or being too suspicious. 

Of course I now need to start thinking about my extension in 2020, I use the income method, currently bringing cash over every month from my UK bank using Transferwise into my Kasikorn account, who describe my deposit as their infamous "dummy branch", which probably will not work in the new world we live in.

Perfect, JIMMY, you have learned the lessons well;
you are a big boy.
As for the reminder of your OA extension,
  it's usual (at least in Hua Hin) when, during the 90-day visit, you're close to the OA date.
So, just helpful, nice.
Have a good day

Arrived at BluPort Immigration office at 10:01 this morning. About 6 people already inside! Received #B004. Must have been 20 people there by 10:15. I was really surprised, because there were never more than 3 or 4 people when I arrived at the same time for other 90-day check in's in the past. Only one officer at the desk until a second arrived at 10:15. I was out of there around 10:30. 

Yes, surprising, especially since the security does not remove the soft rope of access to the escalator, that at 10 o'clock, pile.
They all had to rush, who gets there first.
In addition to the 90 J's, there had to be inquiries, tourist visa extensions and the like.
No big deal, it's good and the seats are comfortable.
Have a good day

On 3/5/2019 at 10:13 AM, theoldgit said:

In Hua Hin?

On 3/5/2019 at 9:49 AM, YorkshireTyke said:

Interesting to see what will happen when my next one is due, 15th April, because if one has to show bank book with 800/400k then online will not be possible anymore.

Archived