Uk Police Checks

DaiHard

Does anyone know if this can be done at the UK embassy? I have had no reply (as yet) from my local police HQ back in the UK and time is starting to run rather fast if i wish to be able to renew my visa and permit within Thailand. My school has told me they must see this check before they can renew my contract. They have also told me that other schools in the area say that it can be done at the UK embassy, has anyone any info on this?

I am now really 50/50 on staying or going. My visa and permit run out before May and if my school are not able to renew in the time scale i have then i am out of here for sure.

I get paid very low money, teach the worse kids in the town, and have headache after headache just trying to do my job. Anyone know why i am still here?

Does anyone know if this can be done at the UK embassy? I have had no reply (as yet) from my local police HQ back in the UK and time is starting to run rather fast if i wish to be able to renew my visa and permit within Thailand. My school has told me they must see this check before they can renew my contract. They have also told me that other schools in the area say that it can be done at the UK embassy, has anyone any info on this?

I am now really 50/50 on staying or going. My visa and permit run out before May and if my school are not able to renew in the time scale i have then i am out of here for sure.

I get paid very low money, teach the worse kids in the town, and have headache after headache just trying to do my job. Anyone know why i am still here?

It takes about 8 weeks to get the reply from the UK police after you submitted the appilcation. I am presuming you have done that bit.

If you are being paid so little then yes I would ask the same questions. Why bother.

Edited by Casanundra

Thanks for your answer. I am still trying to get the application form to fill in, the link in the original post was very helpful and they replied to me within 12 hours. They told me to contact the local HQ in the area I last lived, this I did, but I have had no reply from them at all as of yet. My mother is going into her local police office for me tomorrow to see what they have to say, and to pick up a form if she can, but with 3 postal periods plus the time it takes for them to process everything it is looking grim on the time scale I have been given. I did start this process one week before the school received official notice that this would be required but as the police are ignoring my mails....?

Can this be done through the Embassy or can the Embassy supply me with something that will suffice. I am being told they can but only by Thai people so far. Is there a link to somewhere I can download the form from at all?

Any info on the Embassy being able to supply me with a clearance check would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks for your answer. I am still trying to get the application form to fill in, the link in the original post was very helpful and they replied to me within 12 hours. They told me to contact the local HQ in the area I last lived, this I did, but I have had no reply from them at all as of yet. My mother is going into her local police office for me tomorrow to see what they have to say, and to pick up a form if she can, but with 3 postal periods plus the time it takes for them to process everything it is looking grim on the time scale I have been given. I did start this process one week before the school received official notice that this would be required but as the police are ignoring my mails....?

Can this be done through the Embassy or can the Embassy supply me with something that will suffice. I am being told they can but only by Thai people so far. Is there a link to somewhere I can download the form from at all?

Any info on the Embassy being able to supply me with a clearance check would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Your mother can pick the form up at the local police station then get it faxed to you at the post office. You need to sign it and post it back then she hands it in at the Police station with your birth certificate (or you send a photocopy of your passport) and £10. That's the quickest way - you can't get a form from the embassy because each police force has a different method of dealing with it.

Silly system :o  but that's new labour for you.

Edited by DaiHard