Koh Tao rape claim: Big Joke press conference today amid claims of "no DNA" whitewash

webfact

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, cass74 said:

Not a chance, interesting that you want to know when I was there

not really, another member implied they'd been there and knew the place..turned out to have been 2 days 13 years ago..i was just curious as to when you were there and saw what you claim to have seen that made you think the place is unsafe.

29 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

not really, another member implied they'd been there and knew the place..turned out to have been 2 days 13 years ago..i was just curious as to when you were there and saw what you claim to have seen that made you think the place is unsafe.

“What you claim to have seen” - so you’re stating before I’ve even said anything that you don’t believe me

I was there for several weeks in recent years 

3 hours ago, cass74 said:

Regarding this case - because she didn’t trust the KT police as she would have been aware of the handling of the double murder case and just wanted to get off the island and KP police wouldn’t take her complaint that’s it.

None of the above is her fault nor is the CCTV conveniently not working 

yes with hindsght sight she should have gone to a hospital to have a record but she probably had lost all faith in the country to do the right thing and thought it was pointless when the police refused to take a rape complaint but tried to take the evidence off her

youve got to remember this is a 19 year old girl who will have been in shock and traumatised 

Which makes you think, WHY did she go there in the first place ?

Any normal person would not travel to a place, if they thought it was so dodgy.

It stinks of a story to cover her illicit liaison with a KNOWN person, that really has, literally, blown up in her face.  

5 minutes ago, cass74 said:

“What you claim to have seen” - so you’re stating before I’ve even said anything that you don’t believe me

I was there for several weeks in recent years 

i'm not going to search back through you posts to find a 'quote',  you have mentioned more than once that you believe her story because you've been there and seen tao for yourself, i'm asking you what you claim to have seen?

36 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

Which makes you think, WHY did she go there in the first place ?

Any normal person would not travel to a place, if they thought it was so dodgy.

It stinks of a story to cover her illicit liaison with a KNOWN person, that really has, literally, blown up in her face.  

Because being 19 she probably thought nothing bad would happen to her but when it did it will have all come to mind I would imagine

but the above is obvious

if she’d met someone other than her boyfriend there was quite a few reasonable options of dealing with the situation, it really is grasping at straws to say that’s why she’s made the allegation 

47 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

i'm not going to search back through you posts to find a 'quote',  you have mentioned more than once that you believe her story because you've been there and seen tao for yourself, i'm asking you what you claim to have seen?

And you’re still saying “claim to have seen” , if you were actually interested for open minded reasons you would be asking what I’d seen 

you dont have have to look back at quotes it is correct that I’ve said that

But I don’t have any reason to disclose to you exact circumstances 

why are you so dogmatic that it’s a false allegation? 

15 hours ago, cass74 said:

If they’re your views that’s your choice I just hope nothing happens to you on KT because you seem oblivious to the dangers

Ive been to KT and when I first read her allegation I totally got the sequence of events

I have to admit when I first went there although I’d read about everything that had happened there it never occurred to me we’d be  in danger as I’m well travelled, very aware, don’t do drugs and don’t drink to excess.

it has been known for target and companion to be drugged 

Right. You totally got the "sequence of events".

Except for the parts where she was partying with a (foreign) guy staying in the same room of the same hostel as she was (while her boyfriend was on a different island).

The same guy she went for a "walk in the beach" with after leaving the bar.

The same guy who was still there when she (supposedly) passed out in the beach.

The same guy who was still there when she (supposedly) woke up later on to find that she'd been "raped".

Like I said, if this exact same scenario had of happened somewhere else, like in Liverpool or Brighton or Ibiza, you KNOW who you'd suspect of having "done the deed".

(If it was actually a "rape" at all and not a "drunken hook-up while the boyfriend was somewhere else".)

I too have travelled a lot, always alone, and am keenly aware of where I am and what I am doing. Whether it be in Cairo, Amsterdam, Delhi, Dubai, Hamburg, Vancouver or Pattaya. (Yes, amazingly I have walked down Beach Road in the wee hours of the morning, drunk, and never been attacked or pick-pocketed  by hordes of ladyboys, although if you believe everything you read you'd assume that no one who has ever gone there, at that time, has been able to avoid being assaulted/robbed.)

I also have the ability to look at a story and smell the bullshit when it's layered on so thick that you could fertilize half of Isaan with it. Like this story when it broke in the "Samui TImes" which has a reputation for publishing total **** to begin with and then went out of it's way to insinuate that it must have been a certain person who just happened to be the same guy that many suspected was the real culprit in the Witheridge/Miller murders. They even published apparently bogus pictures with the article to try and make it seem like it must have been the same guy.

It was all a little too "pat" and smelled like BS from the start and would not be the first time someone went home from a holiday and then made up a fake story, or the first time someone cheated on their boyfriend and then claimed rape to try and cover up their indiscretions.

15 hours ago, Crash999 said:

What’s the source for this? I heard the first two but haven’t seen this yet. 

I actually had - wait, I have to recount them - seven bookmarks to threads about this particular case and every one of those threads has apparently been deleted !

Apparently in the future I will have to bookmark the threads and then start taking screen shots in case things "disappear" later on.
The whole purpose of those bookmarks was so that if I needed to go back and find some old quote or reference I would be able to do so.

Here's another interesting bit of business.

Let's see how many of you are smart enough to figure this one out.

27 Aug 2018 - from the Mirror:
"She returned to her hostel where friends are said to have pointed out a semen stain on the back of her black t-shirt."

17 Oct 2018 - from the Nation article"
"The mother gave police a blue T-shirt that her daughter claimed contained the attacker’s DNA."

Is it starting to get clearer for you yet ?

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

I actually had - wait, I have to recount them - seven bookmarks to threads about this particular case and every one of those threads has apparently been deleted !

That's a shame. 

I wasn't doubting you, just wondering where the info came from as with these sorts of cases facts can swirl around and get mixed together with speculation. If the woman went to the beach with the roommate, and then woke up next to the roommate. Then it doesn't look very good for the roommate!

4 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Right. You totally got the "sequence of events".

Except for the parts where she was partying with a (foreign) guy staying in the same room of the same hostel as she was (while her boyfriend was on a different island).

The same guy she went for a "walk in the beach" with after leaving the bar.

The same guy who was still there when she (supposedly) passed out in the beach.

The same guy who was still there when she (supposedly) woke up later on to find that she'd been "raped".

Like I said, if this exact same scenario had of happened somewhere else, like in Liverpool or Brighton or Ibiza, you KNOW who you'd suspect of having "done the deed".

(If it was actually a "rape" at all and not a "drunken hook-up while the boyfriend was somewhere else".)

I too have travelled a lot, always alone, and am keenly aware of where I am and what I am doing. Whether it be in Cairo, Amsterdam, Delhi, Dubai, Hamburg, Vancouver or Pattaya. (Yes, amazingly I have walked down Beach Road in the wee hours of the morning, drunk, and never been attacked or pick-pocketed  by hordes of ladyboys, although if you believe everything you read you'd assume that no one who has ever gone there, at that time, has been able to avoid being assaulted/robbed.)

I also have the ability to look at a story and smell the bullshit when it's layered on so thick that you could fertilize half of Isaan with it. Like this story when it broke in the "Samui TImes" which has a reputation for publishing total **** to begin with and then went out of it's way to insinuate that it must have been a certain person who just happened to be the same guy that many suspected was the real culprit in the Witheridge/Miller murders. They even published apparently bogus pictures with the article to try and make it seem like it must have been the same guy.

It was all a little too "pat" and smelled like BS from the start and would not be the first time someone went home from a holiday and then made up a fake story, or the first time someone cheated on their boyfriend and then claimed rape to try and cover up their indiscretions.

We’ll have to agree to disagree because to me even if she was with someone other than her boyfriend on the island that doesn’t make it a false allegation.  If it was something she wanted to cover up there would have been a lot better ways of doing it.

you insinuate she was seeing the lad she was with and then say he should be prime suspect, that doesn’t make any sense

he helped her after and tried to get the CCTV

the differences between if it had happened in the UK are too many and obvious to start listing

I get the ST is not the best but it doesn’t get everything wrong and this came from the girls mother and they weren’t the only ones to report it. I found it interesting that as the girl had seen the attacker and the ST had spoke to the mother and 1 of the photos they produced was as you said a known suspect in the double murder.  As a tourist the girl wouldn’t have known that info.

You seem to know of the alleged suspect, do you think he’s changed his ways since 2014? Do you think it’s right that he’s in a position where he can potentially drug people?  Because you can be aware as you like but if you’re drink is getting drugged at the bar it’s irrelevant how aware you are

we’ll just have to accept we have different opinions on this.  I do think eventually the truth will come out but not via Thai police and I think there will be more victims before it does 

1 hour ago, cass74 said:

I get the ST is not the best but it doesn’t get everything wrong and this came from the girls mother and they weren’t the only ones to report it. I found it interesting that as the girl had seen the attacker and the ST had spoke to the mother and 1 of the photos they produced was as you said a known suspect in the double murder.  As a tourist the girl wouldn’t have known that info.

Unfortunately, that photo was posted by ST on their own- the person wasn't identified by the girl. The article was extremely misleading in that respect.  

She hasn't been able to give a description of the attacker as she says she can't remember what happened. 

2 hours ago, cass74 said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree because to me even if she was with someone other than her boyfriend on the island that doesn’t make it a false allegation.  If it was something she wanted to cover up there would have been a lot better ways of doing it.

you insinuate she was seeing the lad she was with and then say he should be prime suspect, that doesn’t make any sense

he helped her after and tried to get the CCTV

the differences between if it had happened in the UK are too many and obvious to start listing

You seem to know of the alleged suspect, do you think he’s changed his ways since 2014? Do you think it’s right that he’s in a position where he can potentially drug people?  Because you can be aware as you like but if you’re drink is getting drugged at the bar it’s irrelevant how aware you are

we’ll just have to accept we have different opinions on this.  I do think eventually the truth will come out but not via Thai police and I think there will be more victims before it does 

the ST sensationalise all their stories to get KT in the spot light each time because the woman running it wants 'her boys' freed, its quoted somewhere in the TV threads her saying 'i'll do anything to for my boys'.!!...hence why ST they constantly trash Tao!!

the photos were not of a suspect in the murder at all!!
1 photo was of a local mechanic who posted a photo of himself holding a hoe, back in 2014/5

2nd was of a local bar man called sunny, standing smiling (who the ST thought were the same person), and posted it because their 'breaking story' said the girl woke up to 'see a man smiling, then left', so from the start the ST were trying to insinuate that it was connected to the 2014 case......the bar was not the same bar, but that didnt stop them attaching the 'not too far from the spot D&H were murdered', well anywhere in sairee beach can be classed as close (but you'd know that form bering there), then all of a sudden the girl was 'anally raped' ..just like hannah was....just near the same spot....now what are the chances??!!...strange the ST didnt mention the anal rape bit in their breaking story...the girl and mother had already spoken to them remember, that's where they got the story..or did the girl or mother forget to mention the anal rape..maybe the girl was still 'drousy'!

47 minutes ago, Crash999 said:

Unfortunately, that photo was posted by ST on their own- the person wasn't identified by the girl. The article was extremely misleading in that respect.  

She hasn't been able to give a description of the attacker as she says she can't remember what happened. 

I thought she woke up and saw somebody 

have ST just put this together on their own because said person works in the bar she was last in? 

26 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

the ST sensationalise all their stories to get KT in the spot light each time because the woman running it wants 'her boys' freed, its quoted somewhere in the TV threads her saying 'i'll do anything to for my boys'.!!...hence why ST they constantly trash Tao!!

the photos were not of a suspect in the murder at all!!
1 photo was of a local mechanic who posted a photo of himself holding a hoe, back in 2014/5

2nd was of a local bar man called sunny, standing smiling (who the ST thought were the same person), and posted it because their 'breaking story' said the girl woke up to 'see a man smiling, then left', so from the start the ST were trying to insinuate that it was connected to the 2014 case......the bar was not the same bar, but that didnt stop them attaching the 'not too far from the spot D&H were murdered', well anywhere in sairee beach can be classed as close (but you'd know that form bering there), then all of a sudden the girl was 'anally raped' ..just like hannah was....just near the same spot....now what are the chances??!!...strange the ST didnt mention the anal rape bit in their breaking story...the girl and mother had already spoken to them remember, that's where they got the story..or did the girl or mother forget to mention the anal rape..maybe the girl was still 'drousy'!

Yes photo 1 was a mechanic but photo 2 is a barman who now works at a bar that is either new or refurbished - has he always worked there? 

I don’t know why ST didn’t mention the anal rape maybe trying to protect the girl but realeased later to co oberate their story - you all keep forgetting it wasn’t just the ST that has reported it

I came across some interesting articles the other day by Andrew Drummond 

21 minutes ago, cass74 said:

Yes photo 1 was a mechanic but photo 2 is a barman who now works at a bar that is either new or refurbished - has he always worked there? 

I don’t know why ST didn’t mention the anal rape maybe trying to protect the girl but realeased later to co oberate their story - you all keep forgetting it wasn’t just the ST that has reported it

I came across some interesting articles the other day by Andrew Drummond 

yes, strange isnt it that a major thing like anal rape was omitted form their breaking story, after all that surely would be the connection to 2014.

personally i think they were using anonymity of the girl at 1st, then that was lost when the police named her.....quick back tracking and story changes followed.

1 hour ago, frank83628 said:

yes, strange isnt it that a major thing like anal rape was omitted form their breaking story, after all that surely would be the connection to 2014.

personally i think they were using anonymity of the girl at 1st, then that was lost when the police named her.....quick back tracking and story changes followed.

Don’t you think it’s one hell of a coincidence that the person who a lot  on the island think was involved with the double murder is now the barman at the bar where this girl last had a drink? 

She wouldn’t  have known that, I didn’t until this morning 

Is he related to anybody important on the island? 

Don’t you think it’s one hell of a coincidence that the person who a lot  on the island think was involved with the double murder is now the barman at the bar where this girl last had a drink? 

She wouldn’t  have known that, I didn’t until this morning 

Is he related to anybody important on the island? 

Known what this This morning?

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, cass74 said:

Can anybody who lives on the island answer if the barman insinuated by ST to be the suspect in this case is related or has connections to any of the main families 

Just look at photos and posts from the double murder he is very close

The ones on the island will not admit this they could be the next statistic

14 minutes ago, jimmynewbie said:

Just look at photos and posts from the double murder he is very close

Thanks jimmynewbie

I was thinking he must be connected because none of the islanders have answered

18 minutes ago, jimmynewbie said:

So if you say what you know you might end up a statistic so nobody says anything which is the same net result as that nobody says anything because they have nothing to say.

12 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

So if you say what you know you might end up a statistic so nobody says anything which is the same net result as that nobody says anything because they have nothing to say.

They could say no he’s not but they’re choosing to ignore

Archived