Help... I Am Infested With Ticks

Spurr

On 10/16/2018 at 3:14 PM, xtrnuno41 said:

Watch your skin where you are bitten. If you have within 3 days a red lining around the bite, you maybe infected with Lyme disease. Then you have another big problem. As lyme causes many issues in your body, which at first you wouldnt think about the tick bite. If you have them, take them out with a pincet. Be aware you also take out the head when pulling them out. Then you need antibiotics as soon as possible.

Gerelateerde afbeelding

Gerelateerde afbeelding

I've an interesting story about the bullseye rash, bitten by a deer tick who was embedded for hours. I went to the hospital the next day upon noticing the bullseye rash, and the doctor immediately diagnosed "early Lyme's disease" and a course of antibiotics.

(I had also not fully removed all the parts of the tick, they found, further increasing the liklihood of infection)

I asked for testing, and he said no there's no early test but you definitely have it, everyone with the bullseye rash gets it.

That is not necessarily true.

I did some research, and found a facility that does DNA testing on ticks, (always save it after removal), and got it to them within 2 days.

The result was negative, no Lyme's disease (or several other tick pathogens) present in that tick.

The moral of that story is: the bullseye rash is not necessarily definitive of Lyme's disease.

Also: beware doctors automatic diagnosis, you are your own best advocate.

That said, better safe than sorry, and next time I would probably do the antibiotics again. Then I would look to natural protocols. There are several holistic protocols that have high rates of success in dealing with Lyme's disease. It's much easier to treat in the early stages.

On 10/21/2018 at 9:30 AM, Duke of Earl said:

I've an interesting story about the bullseye rash, bitten by a deer tick who was embedded for hours. I went to the hospital the next day upon noticing the bullseye rash, and the doctor immediately diagnosed "early Lyme's disease" and a course of antibiotics.

(I had also not fully removed all the parts of the tick, they found, further increasing the liklihood of infection)

I asked for testing, and he said no there's no early test but you definitely have it, everyone with the bullseye rash gets it.

That is not necessarily true.

I did some research, and found a facility that does DNA testing on ticks, (always save it after removal), and got it to them within 2 days.

The result was negative, no Lyme's disease (or several other tick pathogens) present in that tick.

The moral of that story is: the bullseye rash is not necessarily definitive of Lyme's disease.

Also: beware doctors automatic diagnosis, you are your own best advocate.

That said, better safe than sorry, and next time I would probably do the antibiotics again. Then I would look to natural protocols. There are several holistic protocols that have high rates of success in dealing with Lyme's disease. It's much easier to treat in the early stages.

Maybe it is , but i wouldnt take the change of being infected and not having anti biotics right away. The sooner you start the better it is. Lyme disease isnt really something you want. Your immune system under attack, giving you a lot of issues with your health in the time after you have been bitten. Relating the issues to the bite is what you dont think of first place.

If i had this rash, i ll start the anti biotics ! Probably you were lucky.

Ticks..spread thin layer over floor area with tick powder,..need not be much,just light sprinkle...need not cover everything as ticks will eventually come into contact,keep it down for 7 days or so,or until ticks no longer appear,..same with bedding,furniture etc,light sprinkle,but keep it on.  If you have dogs,an area where they sleep,..two of mine are indoors at night as they bark,that area is given more of the powder as they walk through it,gets into their feet,..dogs themselves just a couple of applications  2 puffs of the stuff on the back is all that is needed ,it works its way around body,ears etc     I order Tick_Off from Lazada ,its cheap ,Tesco I guess sells it,fact is Id use on grassed areas during dry spell....not had one tick in over 12 months and I too was overrun at times

• 5 months later...

great hunters for tics are guinea fowls which some animal shops on local markets are selling.

If you have a flock of 5 the tics are gone within a week or two.

They appear too stupid to find a way back through a fence even the gate is a half meter beside but when it comes to tics (and other insects) they are unbeaten.. 

Disadvantage is they are loud and making noise whenever they think its time for an alarm.

They will walking far away if you not have a fence around your property.

Beside this they will attack snakes, rats, mice and other animals. 

Archived