Video: Gate falls on small child at Ratchaburi house

webfact

Video: Gate falls on small child at Ratchaburi house

8pm.jpg

video screenshot

CCTV showed a rusty iron gate fall on a little girl after an adult prepared to leave the house on a motorbike. 

The little child then got on the bike apparently none the worse for wear. 

Adults rushed to fix the gate back on its runner before inquiring about the child. 

The footage did not show what happened next such as whether the adult then drove off with the child who was not wearing a helmet. 

The story featured on the Facebook page of Thai Rath who called it a warning about rusty old gates. 

It happened in Pak Raet sub-district of Ban Pong district, Ratchaburi. 

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-16

A friend of mine had his gate fall on a young child who was playing with his own child in the garden.  Sadly, the child was killed.

I was building a house at the time and looked very carefully at contractors before having the gate installed. I eventually used a company in BKK. Although much more expensive, that was 13 years ago and it's still very safe.  It's a 6 metre gate and if not installed correctly, I dread to think what may have happened.

If nothing else , Thai kids are stoic.

Most kids back home have learnt to scream blue murder no matter the injury or lack of ... and the adults have learnt that this is time to SUE !

BS comment above about 'property' ...

Archived