Car Crash On 2nd Road Soi 13................

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya People: February 13th 2007

Baht Bus causes traffic chaos

On the 11th of February at 9pm Pattaya Police were called to the scene of a road accident on Pattaya 2nd Road near Soi 13.

Upon the arrival Police found the driver of a Honda Jazz, Miss Naris-Sara Push, who told Police that she was driving along the one way system on Pattaya 2nd Road towards Central Pattaya.

A baht bus which was immediately in front of her suddenly swerved into a Soi causing her to take evasive action which created a somewhat dramatic car crash. Her car flipped over twice and smashed into a number of parked vehicles.

Miss Naris-Sara did not see the vehicle registration or number of the baht bus which did not even stop. Her friend who was traveling in the car with her was slightly injured and was sent to Pattaya Memorial Hospital.

Miss Naris-Sara has agreed to pay for damages to all the vehicles involved and has stated it’s always best to have a Driving License and Insurance. She stated that Central Government could possibility do more to introduce some kind of mandatory training programme for vehicle users in Thailand, both with cars and motorbikes.

She also thought if people behaved in a more caring manner in general on the roads, Thailand and specifically Pattaya would eventually become an even better place to live.

A baht bus which was immediately in front of her suddenly swerved into a Soi causing her to take evasive action which created a somewhat dramatic car crash. Her car flipped over twice and smashed into a number of parked vehicles.

I know I'm passing judgement without all the facts but doesn't that indicate she was travelling at a speed greater than perhaps prudent for that area?

I know I'm passing judgement without all the facts but doesn't that indicate she was travelling at a speed greater than perhaps prudent for that area?

Exactly.

It is no good blaming a personal accident on the behaviour of a vehicle in front. She should have been keeping her distance and maintaining a sensible speed.

Baht Bus causes traffic chaos

On the 11th of February at 9pm Pattaya Police were called to the scene of a road accident on Pattaya 2nd Road near Soi 13.

Upon the arrival Police found the driver of a Honda Jazz, Miss Naris-Sara Push, who told Police that she was driving along the one way system on Pattaya 2nd Road towards Central Pattaya.

Miss Naris-Sara did not see the vehicle registration or number of the baht bus which did not even stop. Her friend who was traveling in the car with her was slightly injured and was sent to Pattaya Memorial Hospital.

Miss Naris-Sara has agreed to pay for damages to all the vehicles involved and has stated it’s always best to have a Driving License and Insurance. She stated that Central Government could possibility do more to introduce some kind of mandatory training programme for vehicle users in Thailand, both with cars and motorbikes.

She also thought if people behaved in a more caring manner in general on the roads, Thailand and specifically Pattaya would eventually become an even better place to live.

I do not know what the driving test is like but it obviously is to simple, presume it is based on tipping the examiner.

It is about time other countries refused to accept Thai driving licenses and IDP's issued in Thailand as valid prof of the drivers ability to drive.

Just to think that any Thai person can arrive in the UK and legally drive a car if they have a license really scares me.

BB

Miss Naris-Sara has stated it’s always best to have a Driving License and Insurance.

No sh1t! Just in case we didn't know that.. hahaha.

It's always best, is it optional? better than what? Tea money. :o

My wife passed the test without ever driving on the public highway which consisted of driving forwards and backwards within a line of cones. To pass the written test she had to pay 1000B, no pay no pass. She then had to learn how to drive on the highway.

And I've seen many already who can't do the backwards driving in one time.

Please allow me to bore you with my favourite pet stat.

30,000 road deaths a year in Thailand.

Yes, a convincing driving test would be one of several steps required to improve the situation. Unlikely to happen though. I've invigilated university finals here and the cheating is widespread. They are genuinely confused when turfed out of the examining room by the crazy farang only to be allowed back in again 5 minutes later by the chief examiner. Failing people in any kind of test is deemed 'mean'.

Het here in Farangland a Thai drove into the back of my mates car on a roundabout, causing considerable damage. English police were called by my friend who wanted the driver locking up becuase he could produce any insurance details.. The police refused because the guy told him his insurance was in Bangkok!!!!!

Thai BIB at least would not fall for that one---our police are now a joke here--when raiding muslim terrorists homes they have to inform the local Imam first then take their shoes off before breaking the door down!!!!