Nuked Threads

Maejo Man

I notice George and/or mods have had a springclean on a lot of the past threads, and on some today. What happened to just simply closing the thread and leaving it there, with the exception of indecent threads? Just asking :o

Hmmmm, interesting, also why did the 'Browser window hijacking' thread get locked? Obviouly it makes me look bad being the last name up before the gates closed, you know, like I was responsible for the lockage....

Carry on.

You were :o

Found at the office computer a

"Common hijacker redirected host.

auto.search.msn.com = 213.159.117.235"

Believe that's the one that does not allow me to change in IE my properties.

But at home, the machine is clean, for a few days I get hijacked, attributed this to newspapers I was reading on-line at the same time as being logged on to ThaiVisa.

Last night was in Thai Visa, clicked 'View New Posts' and got an advertisement for travelling. Deleted this and was out of ThaiVisa. Instead of deleting use the back bottom to stay in the forum.

I really don't know where it comes from.

Made a post under Change Of Conditions For Czech Citizens

Found it this morning, reduced to a one-liner. Believe this was a human intervenience Dr. ? :o

• 3 weeks later...
"Common hijacker redirected host.

auto.search.msn.com = 213.159.117.235"

I mostly use Firefox :D and have no pop-ups, no hijackers etc: also run Ad-Aware, Spybot etc. :D

I used IE a couple of times this week and thought l must have hit a wrong key :o because l was getting the above site loading when l entered a website manually when launching IE. Saw the previous post and ran Ad-Aware and got an alert about a possible browser hijacker. :D

Hmmm, and looking at history there are only half a dozen websites l've used IE for recently, including ThaiVisa. All the other sites used are respectable sites also, so l don't know how l got hijacked. :D