BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

balo

My android app been invaded by Chinese sponsored ads.

Only on my tablet from what I can see, every page I load theres Chinese ads showing up , I am pretty sure they are not real sponsors on Thaivisa. Virus ?

Those Ads are fed from "google" and other "ad agencies" nothing to do with "sponsors" who only appear within the forums and are posted by our sales staff.

It might help if you could provide a screenshot of your issue ?

While the subject of ads is being discussed, I wondered how quite often, some Chinese or Korean person manages to sign up on the forum & blitz post?

Don't new members need posting approval at first?

7 minutes ago, faraday said:

Don't new members need posting approval at first?

No they don't.

48 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No they don't.

If I might make a suggestion, perhaps it should be introduced, as well as an automagic I/p check?

It was a Chines

23 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Those Ads are fed from "google" and other "ad agencies" nothing to do with "sponsors" who only appear within the forums and are posted by our sales staff.

It might help if you could provide a screenshot of your issue ?

It was a Korean spammer ,  I have already received a private message from one of the moderators and the problem has now been solved. The Korean spammer tried to trick the system by opening several accounts and use a VPN .  

1 minute ago, balo said:

It was a Chines

It was a Korean spammer ,  I have already received a private message from one of the moderators and the problem has now been solved. They tried to trick the system by opening several accounts and use a VPN .  

We are at slight cross purposes, what you are referring to were "posts" made by others, I was referring to the "Ads" that appear on the page. 😁 slight misunderstanding 

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

what you are referring to were "posts" made by others, I was referring to the "Ads" that appear on the page.

It showed up under sponsored ads on my Android tablet.  I assumed it was Chinese but it was all in Korean.