What's going on w TV ?

skippybangkok

39 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is spammers posting in Korean. We remove them as soon as we see them or somebody does a report.

It has been happening occasionally for months now.

But the last few days the numbers of these junk posts have been increasing.   It as if someone somewhere has been upset by someone or something and they are spamming just to be a vengeful nuisance.

11 minutes ago, baboon said:

Of course. What else would one expect from that place....?

But why on earth spam a website whose readership will not even speak your language?

Its probably a bot that trawls forums automatically exploiting security options. 

13 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

But the last few days the numbers of these junk posts have been increasing.   It as if someone somewhere has been upset by someone or something and they are spamming just to be a vengeful nuisance.

You need to ask Kim Jong Un that.

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

Its probably a bot that trawls forums automatically exploiting security options. 

Which is actually quite worrying as it's only a step away from this site being hacked and all our data stolen.

I'm convinced that the North Koreans have hacked the Ladyboy poll that's currently running as the results are simply unbelievable.

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Which is actually quite worrying as it's only a step away from this site being hacked and all our data stolen.

I'm convinced that the North Koreans have hacked the Ladyboy poll that's currently running as the results are simply unbelievable.

Its not that bad, they just got around the checks that normally make sure bots (non humans) cant make accounts and post.

I had a small forum myself and  got this too in the past. Soon the makers of forum software will close a hole, then its quit for a while until a new loophole is exploited. Its an ongoing race.

Just now, vogie said:

But what are they trying to achieve by posting this kind of material?

Sales, they just did not have their program check if the forum users can read Korean. As its automated there is no need for that, as there is no effort in the spamming. 

So they spam everyone everything and see what sticks.

1 minute ago, vogie said:

But what are they trying to achieve by posting this kind of material?

Its a speciality Korean Dog menu.  They have been reading the other thread regarding strays in Thailand so perhaps they wanted to provide a solution.

1 minute ago, Esso49 said:

Its a speciality Korean Dog menu.  They have been reading the other thread regarding strays in Thailand so perhaps they wanted to provide a solution.

That's a relief, I read as 'have you done stuff with ladyboys'

Couldn't a better system of verifying new user accounts prevent this? Some sites don't allow posts by new users to appear until they've been moderated. If the initial posts are not legitimate (and the fact that they're in a foreign language script would be a strong hint) no further posts from that user name are allowed.

14 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Couldn't a better system of verifying new user accounts prevent this? Some sites don't allow posts by new users to appear until they've been moderated. If the initial posts are not legitimate (and the fact that they're in a foreign language script would be a strong hint) no further posts from that user name are allowed.

The usenames are changing, just check them out. I suggested before that an algorithm will resolve the issue that filters all languages except the ones allowed.  That would save time for those in TV. Currently the IP gets blocked on the spam senders but that is a moving target as the IP is that of the server, so spammers can get round that very easily.

As I can read Korean I can enlighten some of you !

The posts are:

A solution to the stray dog issues - some of them look very tasty !

A question - what are ladyboys and how easy is it to clone them ?

Which side of the road do Thai’s drive on - YouTube videos seems to say both sides !!

How can one obtain an overstay Visa- - seems to be very popular now.

Why is there no specific line at Immigration for South Koreans ? Only Chinese ? - a good question !

You’re welcome !

* satire ( or an attempt at least ) [emoji51]

9 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

The usenames are changing, just check them out.

It wouldn't matter if the user names change. No new user name would be granted posting rights until the first post from that user has been verified.

I suppose, if the number of new users that are created every day is too high, this might be an over-burdensome task but as mentioned, other sites seem to manage it this way.

17 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

No new user name would be granted posting rights until the first post from that user has been verified.

But then they make a short post or posts in some topic or topics to get around it. We see that since some think they have to do that before they start spamming.

Anyone remember back when when new members had to wait three minutes between making posts? It applied to your first twenty posts I think. It would help if this could be reinstated.

Also limit new users to how many posts and topics they can make in their first hour. Five would work. It would certainly stop the Korean spammer just now who managed to make eighteen new topics in fifteen minutes, and the one on the weekend I saw make it to thirty-seven before being stopped.

Archived