Krabi governor orders the best care for an injured rock-climber

webfact

Krabi governor orders the best care for an injured rock-climber

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

82305.jpg

The Krabi Governor has has instructed care-givers and hospital staff to provide good care for an injured tourist who fell off a cliff at Railey Bay in Krabi.

On Tuesday 34 year old Mr Scmal Bach Priel, who is touring with his American wife, was taken to Krabi Hospital. He was injured after falling during rock-climbing at a cliff in Railey Bay. He was climbing solo at the time.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/krabi/krabi-governor-orders-the-best-care-for-an-injured-rock-climber

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-10-18

Whilst its good for the Governor to attempt to gain "Brownie" points here,  in all my years in Thailand I have nothing but praise for the first responders and hospital staff, private or government run,  whom in my experience has given nothing but the best care and attention possible.  They didn't need an instruction from the Governor or anybody else to do that either. 

American tourist in ICU after Krabi rock climbing fall

1539834328_1-org.jpg

Krabi Governor Lt Col ML Kitibodee Pravitra visits Krabi Hospital yesterday. Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET: An American tourists is in a serious condition in a Krabi hospital after falling from a rock face while climbing at Railay Beach on Tuesday (Oct 16).

Col Chawalit Peachsripea of the Ao Nang Police confirmed to The Phuket News yesterday(Oct 17) that between midday and 1pm on Tuesday he received a report that American tourist Priell Schmalbach fell while rock climbing at Railay Beach, Ao Nang in Krabi.

The report came from people at the scene.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/american-tourist-in-icu-after-krabi-rock-climbing-fall-69016.php#iXUR2uW88YFp4uqZ.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-10-18

5 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

They didn't need an instruction from the Governor or anybody else to do that either. 

According to the headline he 'ordered' not 'instructed'. Crap reporting as usual....

Don't know whether you were there, or speak Thai, but you know that journos and/or translators here don't care much for detail.

18 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Go Fund me page coming very shortly

You are correct. A go fund me page has been set up for his surviving widow.  He was an American third year doctor resident so I am sure he had great health insurance. Most rock climbing is excluded from life insurance but not health insurance. 

Archived