Austrian Consulate Pattaya

luckyluke

Austrians seem to be rare among Thaivisa.

So probably you will have to ask directly at the consulate.

I haven't noticed any news about changes in the usual German language sources.

The trouble with the UK consulate has gone mostly unnoticed.

There was an earlier thread on this same topic.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/675273-embassy-letter-for-proof-of-income/

Another link:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/686233-austrian-consulate-pattaya-provide-‘verification-of-income-‘letter/

No recent update from what I can see, but I do recall a more recent comment on another Pattaya based forum that indicated the Austrian consul had been warned off supplying Income Letters for Brits by the British Embassy, so was not providing that service. No idea if true or not.

As another poster indicated, enquiring at the consulate would be the way to go. But, can't see this now being possible for Brits given current scenarios. But would be a nice earner for the consul with 3,000 potential customers!!

• 4 weeks later...

Received today an @mail from the Honorary Consul-General of the Austrian consulate in Pattaya.

The office will still issue an "Income Letter" to Austrian, Belgian, Dutch, Germans, Luxembourgers as long as T. I. not change officially their directives. 

The documents presented by the expats are usually "checked" by the Vice-Consul;

then a document for Immigration is issued by the Consulate and signed by the Honorary Consul-General or by the Vice-Consul. 

This document (Not an Affidavit) has been issued since many years and duly accepted by Jomtien Immigration. 

I personally had never had to present complementary documents to any officer. 

38 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

The office will still issue an "Income Letter" to Austrian, Belgian, Dutch, Germans, Luxembourgers as long as T. I. not change officially their directives. 

That is consistent with an information from German consulate in Bangkok.

No change in policy.

German consulate always required original documents for proof of income at first application.

Archived