Video: Find this driver "lacking humanity" after tourist collision

webfact

Video: Find this driver "lacking humanity" after tourist collision

1pm_V.jpg

Picture: Onb news

Dashcam footage from Koh Samui posted to Facebook showed a foreign couple on a motorcycle collide with the back of a pick-up on a hill.

The poster of the clip - JJ Teerapong Raophimai - blamed the driver for "reversing" over the couple. He said that the driver did not get out to apologize and just drove off. 

It was not clear if the pick-up had reversed at all or whether it was the fault of the foreigners for riding too close behind.

They were not wearing helmets and ended up injured on the tarmac. 

The poster said that they were hurt and his own car was damaged as a result of the collision. 

They said this was not human behavior and appealed for help in finding the pick-up.

The story was shared 1,300 times on Facebook. 

Source: OMB news

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-18

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a complete <deleted> <deleted>, to push his brakes like this.....but then....clearly an unexperienced motorbike driver and also one that has little knowledge of driving in Thailand.....could've avoided easily, and looks like the driver was trying to teach them a lesson....still a big <deleted> for doing so and should be punished if you ask me

It does appear that the pickup driver deliberately slammed on his brakes. Why else would you need to stop there? The foreign couple were driving too close but it does look like a malicious act on behalf of the pickup driver. 

Just now, Stoker58 said:

Biker should have known better than to tailgate a pickup like that. This is Thailand. You have to drive defensively.

Quite agree. It doesn't matter in which country you're driving, you need to leave plenty of space between you and the vehicle in front:

StoppingDistancesHighwayCode.png.eca83ca689f89ae90ea86f85ca3c1f3a.png

1 hour ago, Stoker58 said:

Biker should have known better than to tailgate a pickup like that. This is Thailand. You have to drive defensively.

Yep just ask the Nacc guy, I always  carry my gun even on the bicycle.

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Quite agree. It doesn't matter in which country you're driving, you need to leave plenty of space between you and the vehicle in front:

Double for rain/damp though ABS should help a lot.

"Only a fool breaks the two-second rule." It's good because it takes about two seconds to say and that's roughly how far behind the vehicle in front one should be. The trouble is it's impossible to leave a big enough gap in Thailand as some a-hole always gets into the gap.

Obviously a dirty trick to pull on the motor bike riders ...but...having said that ...I have zilch sympothy for people who do not wear helmets. ..They seem to think it's up to other road users to "take care"  of them but they shouldn't be expected to take care of themselves.

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Intentionally; sure looks like it !

Malice; probably !

Leaving the scene of an accident; most definitely !

But traffic law also states "The operator of any vehicle must leave enough space between themselves and the vehicle in front for ANY EVENTUALITY"

Still doesn't make it right. . . . . . 

God will punish that Thai. How dumb he is break like that...

Even if, according to the law, farangs were probably too close, and the Thai has right to break... but come on. And leave.

I hope police will hear him.

I've little sympathy for either... 

The motorcyclist was riding like a moron and way too close to the pick-up... no helmets... these are clearly unintelligent people. 

It would also appear that the pickup driver hit the brakes deliberately causing the bike to ride into its rear. If there is any damage to the pickup, its his own tough luck. 

Motorcyclist riding like an idiot, pickup (seemingly) deliberately causing an accident.. once again, on Thailands roads all it takes is two morons and the outcome is as predictable as the sun rise. 

Luckily no innocents or anyone seriously hurt. 

1 hour ago, Rimmer said:

Deliberate brake check maneuver calculated to get them to run in the back of the pickup, youtube is full of similar vids. 

if look closely in slow motion, then you see that the motorbike was able to stop, the reverse lights from the pickup going on, and the pickup coming backwards to and over the motorbike, then taking a run for it...

also, in the beginning of the clip, you'l see the biker flashing his headlights driving just behind the truck... looks them have been trolling each other...

Maybe there was a dog on the road or something, I had to do an emergency stop like this with my car in the past because of that reason. The one in the back is always at fault, if he had kept the security distance nothing would have happened. Sometimes I also "brake test" some tailgaters, but very carefully. I don't like it when I have a dude at 100 km/h at 50 cm from my back. What I do is to light my car brake lights without actually braking to see if he stop tailgating me, it works 80% of the time, when it doesn't work I know I'm in trouble in case of an accident and I try to lose that car from my back.

4 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Plus the farang on the motor cycle had ample time to slow down or to take some evasive action.

He did manage to stop in time. Failing to cause accident by sudden braking, the pickup driver was so upset that he deliberately reversed on the bike which was stationary at the moment of impact.

1 hour ago, Stoker58 said:

How do you drive defense against people reversing into you on a normal road?

The only way I can imagine is staying home.

The biker had enough distance to stop, as they stopped on time.

But when the pickup reverses there is little you can do. If the pickup had reversed more he would also hit the car filming it, does that mean the uploader also didnt drive defensively?

The biker was tailgating the pickup, then swerving back and forth at the rear of the pickup and to the right side of the pickup that was impossible to overtake on that two lane road, and was intimidating. The pickup driver did not violently slam on his breaks, he just braked mildly to a complete halt.

Hopefully this will teach those boys riding a big bike that assumed the road belonged to them a lesson. No sympathy at all for those morons.

Archived