Video: Find this driver "lacking humanity" after tourist collision

webfact

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Deliberate brake check maneuver calculated to get them to run in the back of the pickup, youtube is full of similar vids. 

49 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

It seems that the driver got fed up with them being to close behind,a low act,either that or he had a young unrestrained kid jumping all over the place in the car not uncommon at all.

look at the video again, the driver of the pickup didn't just slam on his brakes, he backed into them. they weren't following so close they couldn't stop.

28 minutes ago, MaksimMislavsky said:

He did reverse on them. Pure malice. Wearing helmets or not has nothing to do with that. The pickup had been deliberately creating obstruction for the bike for a while, too. 

14 minutes ago, irwinfc said:

wth!? i thought it was a brake check, but the pick-up actually reversed into the motorcycle. too bad mr JJ's dashcam has the video resolution of a potato.

Agreed...

The white reversing lights on the pickup even came on as he attempted to reverse over the bikers. 

There are many examples of Cops in the USA emptying their guns into the cab of pickup trucks driven at them like this, for 'the attempted use of a vehicle as a deadly weapon' 

For sure the bikers were travelling too close - even irritatingly too close - but that still doesn't give the pickup driver any excuse to attempt to kill the bikers.

Best option for the pickup driver would have just to have indicated left, then to slowly pull over to let the bikers pass.

The stupid bikers must have surely known that a hot headed incident between a car and a motorbike is only going to have one predictable outcome, and it happened - it could have been much worse for them.

obvious the mcy driver was too close. but watch carefully when brake lights come on - stops, THEN backup lights come on and truck backs a meter or so into the mcy.

Ticky for mcy driver and rider no hats and careless driving, jail the pickup driver for malicious intent to injure. What you know, video shows description of pickup and license plate, lets see if police do anything..... 555

Maybe the motorcycle's headlights reflecting on the truck's rearview mirror was dazzling the driver - I know this to be a problem if the motorcycle were to be at a certain distance behind a car/truck. I just dip the mirror to avoid the problem. Some people pull the trigger. Maybe the motorcycle was too close (in the truck driver's opinion) and thought the foreigners were tailgating him and decided to teach them a lesson? Who knows? It's hard to say from behind. What one sees may not be what one thinks it is. Regardless - still no excuses for the truck driver to do what he did, and the foreigners shouldn't have ridden without helmets.

If everybody would just back off a bit, Thailand (and the world) will become a better place.

58 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Obviously a dirty trick to pull on the motor bike riders ...but...having said that ...I have zilch sympothy for people who do not wear helmets. ..They seem to think it's up to other road users to "take care"  of them but they shouldn't be expected to take care of themselves.

It doesn't hurt you when they don't wear a helmet now does it?

I have no sympathy for cardrivers who are alone in a huge car, clogging up all the roads in BKK so even motocycles can't get through...i think they are very selfish.

9 minutes ago, Thian said:

It doesn't hurt you when they don't wear a helmet now does it?

I have no sympathy for cardrivers who are alone in a huge car, clogging up all the roads in BKK so even motocycles can't get through...i think they are very selfish.

Is that why so many motorcyclists drive on the pavements with no regards at all to the injury they could do to pedestrians, especially young children ?

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

The biker was tailgating the pickup, then swerving back and forth at the rear of the pickup and to the right side of the pickup that was impossible to overtake on that two lane road, and was intimidating. The pickup driver did not violently slam on his breaks, he just braked mildly to a complete halt.

Hopefully this will teach those boys riding a big bike that assumed the road belonged to them a lesson. No sympathy at all for those morons.

Except the truck reversed into them. That is why the reversing lights come on and why the rear goes up a bit. The child driving the truck is the moron and for others, that is NOT a 'big bike', its a twist and go scooter.

3 hours ago, Stoker58 said:

Biker should have known better than to tailgate a pickup like that. This is Thailand. You have to drive defensively.

I reckon there a few points here.

1.      Inexperienced rider

2.      If you don’t get close to the guy in front you annoy the guy behind.

3.      Get the wife to lose a couple of pounds, weight and stopping distances are proportional.

2 hours ago, Wiggy said:

"Only a fool breaks the two-second rule." It's good because it takes about two seconds to say and that's roughly how far behind the vehicle in front one should be. The trouble is it's impossible to leave a big enough gap in Thailand as some a-hole always gets into the gap.

It's always possible to leave a big enough gap. It doesn't matter which country you're driving in. If someone passes you and fills in your gap, you simply back off a bit and recreate it.

This motorcyclist is an atrocious rider. I've seen Thais ride better than this. It's my guess that he doesn't normally ride at all in his home country and has never had any formal training.

No matter, the pick up driver's action was despicable and I hope the police can find him and give a bit of 'attitude correction'. 

12 minutes ago, atsiii said:

I thought I could briefly see reverse lights on the pickup.  Does anyone else see reverse lights?

Yes. there are definatly white reversing lights. However I did not see any brake lights. This wouldn't be the first time I've seen incorrectly wired rear light clusters.

Archived