Who is Scouse Lee B? Police hunt foreigners who vandalised Tha Pae Gate

webfact

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, changmaichillin said:

Sent a link too the Liverpool Echo. Can't be many Lee B's in Thailand and even fewer in Chaing Mai. Really cannot understand the mentality of someone travelling from England to the north of Thailand just to carry out some mindless vandalism. Hopefully the Echo and other news outlets will publicize this and the Muppet (no offense muppets) responsible will be caught. 

If he's on the dole and the benefits office find out, I assume he'll lose even more then.

Perhaps he has full-time employment as a spray-painter at a car bodyshop?

1 hour ago, roo860 said:

A good punishment would be, 28 days cleaning graffiti from public places, has to fund his own living expenses etc, and if it screws up his travel plans, then what a shame.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thailand isn't so lenient.

That's government property and the sentence is years of jail or heavy fine if he's lucky.

Thai jail isn't as nice as western jails, it's like hell in there.

Thailand isn't so lenient.

That's government property and the sentence is years of jail or heavy fine if he's lucky.

Thai jail isn't as nice as western jails, it's like hell in there.

[/url]  

Will probably be a fine, same as those two who ripped the Thai flags down.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

From the Thai news article mentioned : 
https://www.chiangmainews.co.th/page/archives/824420

"MR. FURLONG LEE, 23, a British traveler, and MRS.BRITTNEY LORRETTA KATHERINE SCHNEIDER, 23, of Canada" 

And the fines are heavy since it's an historic site . 
 "The prosecution has imprisonment up to 10 years or a fine of up to 1 million because it is considered as a historic site"

This guy is in real trouble now. 

Perhaps in prison Furlong time.[emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

Produced it where, and on what?

Since coming to Thailand I have hung up my tools; so to speak. However I still enjoy those impromptu occasions when an artist just cannot help announce his/her arrival with a special piece of work.

When I lived in Jamaica I performed on the beaches. in Africa (Nigeria and The Gambia particularly) in the forests. In Spain it was mostly in the shopping areas. in Dagenham (Essex, England) I produced many masterpieces; some of which are still getting admiring looks after 40 years or so.

These 'scribble artists' are bound to make some mistakes as they learn their trade.

So there we have it giddyup! Forced my hand as usual. Happy now!?

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

Since coming to Thailand I have hung up my tools; so to speak. However I still enjoy those impromptu occasions when an artist just cannot announce his/her arrival with a special piece of work.

When I lived in Jamaica I performed on the beaches. in Africa (Nigeria and The Gambia particularly) in the forests. In Spain it was mostly in the shopping areas. in Dagenham (Essex, England) I produced many masterpieces; some of which are still getting admiring looks after 40 years or so.

These 'scribble artists' are bound to make some mistakes as they learn their trade.

So there we have it giddyup! Forced my hand as usual. Happy now!?

Why would I be happy with a self-confessed vandal and admirer of the same?

6 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Why would I be happy with a self-confessed vandal and admirer of the same?

I don't think this particular act was at all either interesting or worth a second glance. These youngsters have to start somewhere though. Now they have been caught (allegedly) it's up to them to justify their actions and take the punishment (if any) that the court gives them.

My advice to the artists would be: offer to clean up Chiang Mai for a couple of weeks and see what materialises. Dress up like a monk. Drink lots of Red Bull and keep the empties (take them into court). Learn the Thai national anthem and sing it to the judge. Take stock and re-assess your skills and future executions. Thai authorities can be a tad humourless so best not to take a can of spray into the courtroom.

22 hours ago, off road pat said:

This is a ancient Monument, A historical place. Not the same as just a wall !!!

It's like the Chinese youth that sprayed his name (tagged) inside a ancient temple in Egypt a year ago !!!

http://dunersblog.blogspot.com/2013/06/june-4-chinese-tourist-vandalizes.html

Their building skills were exeptional back then its a shame they didnt pass down the skills.

Posts making "generalized slurs" and responses to them have been removed.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Archived