Big Joke takes down four Nigerian "Romance Scammers" - and 16 Thai associates too

webfact

Big Joke takes down four Nigerian "Romance Scammers" - and 16 Thai associates too

44307021_695092184179963_2314613117683761152_n.jpg

It was no contest when new immigration chief Maj-Gen Surachate "Big Joke" Hakparn and his team investigated complaints by victims of several "Romance Scams".

News and pictures published on the Maj-Gen's immigration Facebook site yesterday announced the arrest of four Nigerians and 16 Thais.

In eleven cases the criminals had scammed Thai women online into believing the handsome "white" foreigner was their love partner for life.

44171908_695092284179953_1175028251035172864_n.jpg

The victims are strung along after being approached online. Gifts are supposedly sent to them that get stuck in customs.

Then Thai women - often romantically involved with the Nigerians themselves - pose as customs officials to ask for payments to allow the release of the gifts.

Payments are made through bank transfer.

Loses in the latest busts amounted to 1,825,000 baht. 

A vinyl board heralded Big Joke's latest success with capturing the "20 Most Wanted". 

44273471_695092084179973_6333458770110185472_n.jpg

Source: Thai Immigration

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-10-18

19 minutes ago, webfact said:

A vinyl board heralded Big Joke's latest success with capturing the "20 Most Wanted". 

Firstly, I solicit your strictest confidence in keeping this transaction a secret. I am a top official at the Nigerian Government Vinyl Board Factory. We have unclaimed vinyl boards worth US$ 45,000,000 (Forty-five million United States  dollars)......

25 minutes ago, webfact said:

Seems the Nigerians only represent 20% of the problem....the bulk of the problem lies within!

18 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Seems the Nigerians only represent 20% of the problem....the bulk of the problem lies within!

I wonder, if I may be so bold to wonder, when will this gentleman start to arrest the Thai romance scammers?

26 minutes ago, hansnl said:

I wonder, if I may be so bold to wonder, when will this gentleman start to arrest the Thai romance scammers?

It would appear that he just got 16 locals....along with the 4 Nigerians.

3 hours ago, gunderhill said:

Lordy lordy, surely there are only White long nose  Devils and those damn Darkies?

Darkies?? That's what they were called when I was a kid. Perhaps that is not allowed now in

this political correct age.

23 hours ago, webfact said:

In eleven cases the criminals had scammed Thai women online into believing the handsome "white" foreigner was their love partner for life.

And , of course, all the beautiful Thai women promised to love the handsome "white" foreigner for long time if he satisfied her greed.

4 hours ago, hansnl said:

Been hit up many times for 10 to 20 thousand to help the family, the best was 2.2 million to buy back off the bank a repossed house, caught once for 20 thousand, now given up.

If I was a young recruit coming out of the Thai police academy I would like to be like the BJ in the real world being a recruit I can imagine I would run across many that do like change. He must have been in a high end meeting being in the fancy white uniform when he got the code red call. We got'em chief get down here quickly we need a photo of you while there ratting out on one other.       

On 10/19/2018 at 9:52 AM, hansnl said:

Can not... Prisons have not space enough and sharring is part of Thai culture... Sharing other peoples money

Archived