Video: Black tourist taken off the street in Pattaya for not having his passport

webfact

On 11/8/2018 at 6:11 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

Because the UK isn't a racist police state.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

it isn't very logical either, what is wrong with the state issuing you with a document to prove your identity ? As for police state, there is a very powerful computer in Wales with all the info on you that they could wish for, at first they tried to palm it off as a center for driving licenses until the press found out it was about 1000 times too powerful for just driving licenses and they had to come clean.

An example, Some years ago an English friend 60 years old living in Chiang Mai with no contact to the UK whatsoever received a phone call on his Thai mobile from a police station in Manchester :-

"Has a Mr...... made contact with you recently"?

"No, I don't even know the name, why do you ask"?

"We think he has murdered his wife and children and has flown to Thailand"

"What has that got to do with me"?

"You were at the same school together from the age of 9 to 11 and you have lived in Thailand for the last 15 years we thought it may be possible that he contacted you".

That is of far greater concern than an ID card.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Thursday, October 18, 2018 at 3:27 PM, johng said:

He says  his passport is in his bag at the hotel  which is "just there"...

and "no I don't walk with my passport at this time"

So why on earth they dragged him off to immigration  instead of going to the "just over there" hotel room to look in his bag ?????????

The bib are probably familiar with this guy already. Let's not forget that all black drug dealers are also tourists 

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

it isn't very logical either, what is wrong with the state issuing you with a document to prove your identity ? As for police state, there is a very powerful computer in Wales with all the info on you that they could wish for, at first they tried to palm it off as a center for driving licenses until the press found out it was about 1000 times too powerful for just driving licenses and they had to come clean.

An example, Some years ago an English friend 60 years old living in Chiang Mai with no contact to the UK whatsoever received a phone call on his Thai mobile from a police station in Manchester :-

"Has a Mr...... made contact with you recently"?

"No, I don't even know the name, why do you ask"?

"We think he has murdered his wife and children and has flown to Thailand"

"What has that got to do with me"?

"You were at the same school together from the age of 9 to 11 and you have lived in Thailand for the last 15 years we thought it may be possible that he contacted you".

That is of far greater concern than an ID card.

In this time and age informations could be bought at a price. There poeple out there selling so you just have to ask.

5 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

Thailand is just not a good place to be anything but Thai.

Assuming you are not a Nigerian drug dealer and don't spend your waking hours visiting national parks then in what way is living here not good for you in regards to discrimination? 

31 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

All the engineers from America, Britain and Australia make more money than Thai engineers doing the same job.

I get a lot more dates than any 75 year old Thai guy that I know.

I think it depends if you are bright, white and like Thailand. 

Itd a great place we live in a lovely house ,have good neighbours and i could not wish for a lovlier family than my wifes,they took me to their hearts over 20 years ago and still treat me as one of them ,and no they are not poor and want money but quite comfortably off.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, SheungWan said:

So where are you now, exactly?

well I feel like he does and im in Bangkok, just sitting here typing between trips to the can. No more Hoi Khaeng for a while I reckon.

On 12/29/2018 at 3:13 PM, madusa said:

In this time and age informations could be bought at a price. There poeple out there selling so you just have to ask.

The UK doesn't have to ask anybody, they have all the info they want. Seen the number plate recognition machines on cop cars ? one look and it knows if you have MOT, Insurance, a driving license, if you've been disqualified, if the car has been involved in a crime, you name it, so worrying about an ID is a bit pointless.

On 10/19/2018 at 6:19 AM, TMNH said:

Also, there seems to be a bit of hypocrisy seeing that police are looking for "questionable" tourists while they partake in graft themselves. Yes...a BIG joke.

Oh dear. "Hypocrisy." Really. How do you think it is in Cameroon or wherever.

On 12/29/2018 at 11:43 AM, KhunFred said:

Really. So why are there so many expats in Thailand.
How stupid.

PS:  Then again, I hope thaivisa forums puts some people off being expats in Thailand. The less of them, the better.

On 10/18/2018 at 9:59 PM, Jingthing said:

Perhaps profiling can be justified based on nationality. But where does that leave black people in Thailand from Canada and the UK, for example? Do people think it's OK that people are being hassled just based on skin color? REALLY? 

And before you say you can always tell the difference. No you can't. 

Sadly, the best thing Blacks and other groups in similar situations need to start better policing their own communities. 

This is what the Asians have tended to do when they've emigrated to western countries (though, some better than others). 

Asians generally seem to understand that if they allow their countrymen to run wild committing crime in substantial numbers, their general reputation will be harmed. Blacks seem to totally disregard this fact of human nature. 

I believe in fair, legal treatment, but I also am aware of the realistic limits of human nature. 

Archived